[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs China 2016/09/01 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/09/01/0200000000AKR20160901207200007.HTML

As I understand (read it yourselves for more clarity and accuracy):

-Stielike said that he never expected China fixture to be an "easy win"

-Regarding JDW's starting spot (despite his lack of PT in his club), Stielike thinks that this is only controversial because of those who "likes to criticize"

-Stielike thinks it's not that bad to start WCQ final round with a close win. It exposes lots of weaknesses to be evaluated and learnt from.

-Stielike thinks it's the "strength of the Chinese team" to come back from a 3-0 deficit to a 3-2 scoreline. He stated that China is investing a lot into football, and if they "spend methodically", China will be a formidable opponent.

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    You forgot:

"The first half we had an easy game, in the second (we we're so bad that) is even hard to analyze."

"After leading 3-0, we let up/lost concentration. The 3-1 was our fault and after the 3-2 the mentality was broken."

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know about you SOT, but the reality is that he's a professional athlete and not a one man army/team savior like he tries to make himself out to be, and throwing hissy fits like that is a clear indication of a childish behavior. I don't care if other athletes have done it before or still do it for the matter, but he needs to suck it up and man the fuck up because he's taking it/going a bit too hard on himself by trying to put so much on his shoulders, and it won't do him any good/better in the long run.

I'm sorry but I'm old school and this type of behavior and action needs to be thrown out.

wrecklesssoldier repped this.
  4. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Can't wait to see that cry baby get sent to the military so that he can finally turn into a man

nmssis, Seol Korea and 10August2012 repped this.
  5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wish SHM had a mentality like Antoine Griezmann. The guy seems respectable.

6. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #581 Sons of Thunder, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    The guy who has himself and his coach constantly in the papers saying he deserved a trophy over another player?

Are there really people criticizing JDW's inclusion? He was one of the best players on the pitch for us.

Geez I think there might be some truth to the theory that Stieleke is putting himself in the window for the China job.

Ayumiconiq and sac517 repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And has been for most every KNT match he's been involved with recently.

8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Are you (not you chook90, in general) happy with Ki being your captain. i don't know i would much rather listen to Koo Jacheol than him...

ConcernedK repped this.
  9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :thumbsup:

10. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    1. The SHM hate is irrational. Some of the criticism is warranted and sure maybe he could benefit from having his spot challenged, but people who are suggesting (not sure if seriously) that he shouldn't be called up anymore or taking joy in his having to go to the military -- you have issues.

2. The JDW hate is irrational. You can't argue his value when he's gotten playing time.

3. I'm onboard with the Stieleke hate. It's very hard to defend him right now.

11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Steelick could have done a better tactics if this was a must win game but with the 11 he had on pitch with goal of building up the squad there is no excuse for the estrogen fueled behavior of second half after China scored. Our players need to man up and develop some hungry 정신. I don't care about Sons crying. He's our best man on pitch by far based on movement on contribution. I'm more worried about dearth of quality in defense and languid midfield. No spark on wings. GK still unsettled. If LWJ might need to lose 60 pounds for country.

12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Or just call up Labor Gun (Noh-Dong Gun)

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sure if Ki has the abilities to "inspire" his teammates through difficult times. He seems pretty calm and level-headed, but that's about it.

Would rather have Han Gook Young or SSM be the captain.

I kid.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You can hate me for criticizing on Son's attitude, but criticisms towards Ji is laughable when he's been quietly pulling his weight. It's even beyond laughable that there's even criticisms on Jung Sung-ryong floating around :rolleyes:.

15. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the third goal was awesome !!!

16. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How was JSR's performance in the China match?

17. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed. KJC should be captain. I don't see anyone else up for that role.

1. Son hate is perfectly rational because he's a massive liability to the team. I forgot the last time he scored for us and that's his job as a striker.

3. Stielike is garbage of a manager. Korea can get better results and performance under someone who isn't incompetent as him. Period.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought he played fine (Even managed to make a super save or two.) although there wasn't much he could do about the two goals conceded, but you've got delusional people that somehow expected him to block it no matter the situation and cause.

chook90 repped this.
  19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do you see a notable improvement in JSR, based on his performance from Czech friendly and the China match?

Wonder if he actually is better than the JSR we knew from 2013-14.

20. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL Stielike is pandering for that million dollar contract from Cbina. Pathetic.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He just managed to play fine in one match, but then again it was vs China. Improvement is something that's been out of his reach for a long time.

chook90 repped this.
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    JSR is always the same. Good actually with being the goalie part (hand eye coordination and saving shots) and terrible at everything else.

TaegukRedDevil, chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hmm, interesting. Never read anyone posting here about JSR's hand-eye coordination and shot stopping skills.

Would you rate his positioning?

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    JSR has the best punting skill, in fact he's one of the best. One time he scored a goal.

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

fuk JSR
    [​IMG]