[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs China 2016/09/01 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #551 Seol Korea, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Oh Jae-seok can play both sides, but he's been mainly playing on the left for Gamba Osaka. But, I want him to start at RB for the NT as I am tired of Stielike using Jang Hyun-soo as a FB when he needs to just stick with being a CB. Jang Hyun-soo simply sucks at the multiplayer role, I'd rather use Ki for that role similar to the likes of Yoo Sang-chul.

killaorca repped this.
  2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    upload_2016-9-2_15-20-41.png

Another play by the Chinese where they lack discipline. Our back 4 doesn't have the best shape but it's there. We've got Han Kook-young and Ki making it compact.

The two Chinese center forwards are up top and they've gotten their wide full backs overlapping.

I don't know where the 5th Chinese midfielder is however. I can't tell what shape this is. On counter, they should be playing a classic 3-5-2.

What the Chinese player with the ball should've done is put it through the man who is running between our CB's. The Center forward looks lost and isn't making the run (he probably doesn't know how).

upload_2016-9-2_15-23-57.png

Instead, since their #9 isn't making a clever run, the ball is passed out wide.

upload_2016-9-2_15-25-32.png

Our CM's are completely out of the game, but our back 4 is still in position. The Chinese should be playing the ball to that space, left void by our CM's.

upload_2016-9-2_15-26-51.png

Instead, the ball is played to nobody. Terrible pass but great cover play by Oh Jae-suck to prevent the ball from being played.

The two Chinese goals were bit of a luck and I don't see them scoring those goals on any other given day. They lack discipline in offense and defensively, they were lucky not to get scored on at least 2-3 more times.

3. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jang hyun soo can go fcuk hwang ui jo

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    He played well against CHINA. China doesn't even know how to defend. It was almost to the point where they just need some bodies to play in that position and they just signed anyone up.

zdrstvte and Chingoo repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Right so there's nothing wrong with him playing for that game.

sac517 and jinseokyang repped this.
  6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So Nong Min vs China

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    What's your point? Top players are already world class at his age. We had high hope for him because he was as good as he is now when he was only 19.

WORD

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    He'd never have the balls to do this in front of Tottenham bench.
    [​IMG]

zdrstvte, inten, Seol Korea and 3 others repped this.
  9. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    I thought JDW was one of our bright spots as well.

10. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He better pay for that piece of the pitch. FC Seoul shouldn't have to pay for SHM's tantrum.

Wonder what Mr. Son senior thinks of his son's behavior.

EDIT: What would happen if current KNT had a captain who doesn't take this kind of sh*t?

nmssis repped this.
  11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

it's clear now....SHM's hero at heart is LSW

chook90 repped this.
  12. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    we have to pick a lane. we get upset when they dont show emotion and are laughing on the bench but also get upset when they show emotion and very openly show displeasure.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both sound like showing emotion (laughing and kicking).

I choose stoicism.

14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    What should've been a quick bow to the crowd, shake hands with staff and players he goes on his temper tantrum because he got replaced playing against minnows. Lets see him damage the pitch and throw towels at white hart lane when he gets benched 80 percent of the season.

Seol Korea and chook90 repped this.
  15. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    He's going to be on the pitch less than 20 percent of the time, let's be real here.

16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    When laughing and having a jolly ole time on the bench when your team's losing says a lot. Even mercenaries in Qatar NT don't do that shit. I think Jitevra posted the pic/gif and KYK was one of them.

17. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    yeah i obviously meant emotion over performance, not laughing at whatever dumb joke Kim Young Guo might be making on the bench.

18. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Hes not good enough on the Spurs to do that, lol. On the KNT, he is THE guy and he knows it. I think that creates the mental state for him where he knows he needs to be the best and when he isn't doing so, it pisses him off. I dunno -- I'm fine w it.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  19. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I'm aware of this belief that he has the 'I have to carry the team mentality'. I'd argue players like KJC, LCY and KSY are well more decorated as KNT players. What's he done besides losing, losing, losing and most recently embarrassing himself against Honduras U23? You'd think it would've humbled him down a bit. It's one thing to start kicking the ground and raging when you're subbed out when losing, but giving your teammate some garbage minutes while maintaining the lead against a minnow? chill the fuk out and save that energy for Tottenham bench.

20. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some of you guys are just as bad as the netizens when it comes to Son, harping on every little thing he does. Who's going to pay for that piece of pitch? Are you guys really fvcking serious? Son knew he should have done better and places a lot of pressure on himself with the KNT. I can understand his frustration, and it was well warranted as we saw the epic collapse that unfolded as the game ended.

Watching the highlight vid he actually wasn't that bad. While his shooting was woeful his dribbling worried the Chinese defense and his FK deliveries were all really good.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    that's my problem with him, he needs to relax while he's playing. I understand he wants to carry the team but sometimes playing as an accessory player can be more beneficial for him. Don't be too hard on yourself and just do your role. Then again, Stielike isn't utilizing him properly...

Sons of Thunder and Seol Korea repped this.
  22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    theres no way SHM can "carry" this team against any team other than AFC minnows.
    even guys like messi and ronaldo have difficulties carrying their team, how is a guy who sits on the bench for spurs going to "carry" this team. we have to play as a well oiled machine, not rely on individual brilliance.

Seol Korea and killaorca repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Basically this, I thought it was pretty admirable in the last world cup because I thought he was the only one trying to do something and cared, but now it's time to focus on team play.

24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    He has such an inflated ego. His spot needs to be challenged.

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    It took Stielike until 78 min to make a sub. What's with this guy and STY? They have such retarded judgement.