2018 FIFA World Cup - Last 16 : Japan vs Belgium

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jun 28, 2018.

?

What result do you expect?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2018.
  1. Japan win

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Belgium win

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Japan win by PKs

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Belgium win by PKs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was being sarcastic :)

teioh repped this.
  2. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I dare say Japan played far better against Belgium than Brazil did.

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    True.

This only shows what Japan is capable of when its players played to their potentials and believe in themselves.

I hope this will be a good lesson to learn from and keep in mind for the next World Cup cycles, and for next generations.

seolseol and teioh repped this.
  4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    That fluke goal was partly due to Kawashima as well. Japan crumbled not just due to mentally weak but also the fact that they were tired after their intense pressing and the fact that they have no squad depth. Belgium on the other hand had a stacked bench and manage to bring on the likes of Fellaini, etc. Also, Belgium were much better in the air than Japan due to their height advantage.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Allow me to dream for just a second, Japan, instead of Belgium, was the victor today against Brazil...........

Neymar & Co couldn't get a proper erection even if their lives depended on it so how are they going to rape anybody? He is good at crying though I'll give him that.

teioh repped this.
  6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm pretty sure Sakai would've raped Neymar but it's the other guys I'd be worried about. Anyway, with Casemiro Brazil probably wins today. The 2 yellow card rule is pretty dumb.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I still remember the Santos vs. Kashiwa FCWC in 2011 when Neymar only could score from a long shot from the center, he couldn't beat Sakai clear even once, same Hiroki scored the only goal for Kashiwa that day.

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Now that I watch for the first time Brazil in this WC I'm pretty sure we could have a chance, a big one, against them in place of Belgium.
    This is even more painful.
    Well at least France is an obstacle out of Japan reach for sure. Or not? [emoji14]

9. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I feel like Japan would have a close game against Brazil.

10. masa9823

masa9823 New Member

Manchester United
    Japan
    Nov 14, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was so excited when Japan was leading 2-0. After that, it started the worst. I had bad feeling when Vertongen scored. Finally, Belgium countered additional time. I couldn't say anything. Japanese dream was broken. We have never been to best 8 in World Cup. So I was really regrettable. Maybe, it is best regrettable thing ever in my life. That's how much I love football and Japan.

Kakeru, Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.