[2018 Asian Games: Quarter-finals] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2018/08/27 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 27, 2018.

1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we're all glad HEJ proved us wrong though. Was the most questionable selection befor the tourney but KHB looks like a genius right now.

2. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    His movement so far I've seen is far most direct than any no. 9 I've seen in the KNT in years.

soccerboy37 repped this.
  3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Btw, great game so far. Finally a good opponent.

4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, I know who you're referring to, and It's because he couldn't prove his worth at senior level. Hwang Eui-jo playing this well is good and he should be as well, but can he uphold this at senior level? is the question a lot of us are rather skeptical about.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want him to prove me wrong and continue to prove me wrong. He should be showing how hungry he is at senior level, and not just at U-23 level.

6. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Everyone has their ups and down. You can't possibly ask them to consistently score every game. What HEJ proved is beyond everyone's doubt with movement, positioning as a No. 9 as well as finishing which is required of his position.

7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed. No one can deny HEJ is great this tourney, but can he play this way against top teams, like in the world cup? It'd be amazing if he could, and I think he has definitely earned up a call up at this point.

Seol Korea repped this.
  8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Tbf, he did nothing against Malaysia besides his goal and Bahrain was a weak opponent, so I was very sceptical whether he could do well against senior sides. But today, he plays against the best team of the AG (minus us) and he impressed me with 2 goals and 1 good action. Definitely deserves to get tested by Bento.

9. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't wait to see him up top with a 4-3-2-1 with Bento to see our both flanks delivering while him finishing on the Senior NT. Whether you like it or not, mickey mouse or not, he's scored 7 goals in this tournament alone.

10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Its insane how good HUJ is in this tournament. His movement was always impressive but his finish has improved so much.

jessypjs repped this.
  11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, HEJ will remain a hero in my book if he continues to hard carry the likes of SHM, LSW, CHW, KJM, HIB, KJY, KMJ to exemption.

12. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sure but even if it is U-23 level, he is playing better than any other players on the pitch (SHM, HHC, LSW...). As a wild card, he is really useful and his performances are noteworthy. Let's hope for a hat-trick in the second half.

soccerboy37 and Koreano repped this.
  13. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    up top we have/had Kim Shin Wook/ Lee Dong Gook / JI / Hee Chan/ Suk / Son sometimes none of them delivered.

Which tourney do you guys remember when our top striker delivered this much goal tally? Jo Jae Jin?

14. zeke714

zeke714 Member

Aug 9, 2018
    HEJ lost my respect for not burying that in

15. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Seol Kihyeon

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The highlighted part is true, although throughout the 11 appearances he's had with the national team, he only managed to score 1 goal, and he hasn't really shown the consistency he has displayed with Seongnam with the national team, especially when he was scoring goals left and right and making headlines.

Again, proving his worth at the U-23 level is good as he should be doing without a question, but at the same time, he has to prove even more at senior level. He should consistently be getting hungrier and hungrier day by day with the national team.

17. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Lee Seung Mo keeps making the dumbest, laziest defensive mistakes. They're mistakes that I think are unacceptable, things I would be furious about it if I were his teammate or coach. He is decent technically but that's not the kind of guy I'd want in my midfield.

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    This. Its been a while since we saw a striker hard carrying a whole team like this.

TBH, if HEJ gets as much chance as JDW has got for NT, he will surely prove himself. Against top teams? Did we even have a striker who scored fair amnt of goals against them recently anyway?

19. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe Woo kkkkkkkkkkk

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like I said multiple times, he should be playing like this without a question, especially as a WC, so there should be no excuses why he can't do the same with the national team.

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Here are my HT observations.

1. HEJ - on fire. Great movement. Great shooting. Great scrapping against a physical opponent.
    2. SHM - he's trying to include his teammates. But that counterattack that he screwed up (which the cringe MBC team called a world-class attack/dribbling) was him reverting back to Rio mode. I wish he could push a bit more towards the left wing.
    3. Kim Jinya - he's gassed. I actually would bring HHC on for him.
    4. LJH - when he was substituted in, it gave us more balance. THe problem is that we have to now bite our lip every time the ball comes near his midfield partner, Lee SeungMo.
    5. Lee SeungMo - he's just bad. I hated his selection. And I've said it in every match that he's played. I mean, how do you just get pushed off the ball inside the box to give the softest goal ever to the Uzis?
    6. That conceded goal - it's up there with one of the most pathetic goals that I've seen us concede at the U23 and up level... Collective and individual failure on every level.
    7. Song BK - he's JSR 2.0 imo.
    8. MBC - the WORST commentary ever. So cringe-worthy. From captain obvious to pre-pubescent squealing to OTT and wrong comments. My ears and brains feel assaulted. I don't know how I can tolerate this for another 45 minutes.

Seol Korea repped this.
  22. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    #3 looks "special"

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Jin-ya saving our defense.

24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good save by SBK, bad defense in and around the box. No one tracked that run.

25. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Man I swear to god Korean defenders should all compete in the special olympics.