[2018 Asian Games: Group E] Korea vs Bahrain 2018/08/15

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 15, 2018.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Don't worry too much about the defense. We won't be using two CDMs at the back against real opponents. I guess KHB wanted to test out a defense without KMJ just to realize that it was not the greatest idea. But we were leading 5-0, so it wasn't that tragic. However we could witness that the team hasn't found themselves 100% yet. There were lots of pass misses, misunderstandings, etc. We can hope that it gets better throughout the tournament.

Edit: Although we won 6-0, it was the same team that lost to our U19, so take it with a grain of salt.

chook90 and jessypjs repped this.
  2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Here are my takeaways from the match.

1. No injuries. :thumbsup:
    2. No yellow cards. :thumbsup:
    3. The level of our group opponents looks laughably low considering Bahrain is the strongest on paper.
    4. HEJ went into beast mode against Bahrain's U23 side. If he's in this kind of scoring form against the AFC U23 sides, he should be rested for the third match and substituted around the 70 minute mark in the next match. I think the quarterfinal to semifinal match has 1 day's rest. So we need him ready for the quarterfinal match.
    5. HHC really needs to clear his head on the pressures of scoring in tournaments. I hope that gold gets him scoring again. I might start him in the next match and rest him for the third match.
    6. LSW might need to start the next match as well and rest for the third match. He needs some solid minutes.
    7. Rotate some of the midfielders. I may start Hwang IB for the next match and rest him in the third match. Kim Jungmin should start the next match. You get the idea...
    8. SHM and HEJ need 15 minutes together at some point in the group stages. But it's difficult b/c we don't want SHM to play more than 15 minutes in this group. And we don't want to burn out HEJ in a group match beyond 70 minutes. But we also don't want to look too disjointed in the round of 16... Hmmm.
    9. Play CHW and KMJ in the next match to further get them in sync. But then substitute KMJ early in the second half for rest.
    10. We looked terrible at times playing three back without KMJ. The other defenders need more match minutes playing time together without KMJ. Thankfully, there's the third group match.

Overall, not bad for a side that hasn't played any matches together before the tournament. We just need to continue rotating players, scoring early and avoiding cards/injuries.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Who should play as CAM in third match if you rest LSW and HIB?

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lee Seungmo or Lee JinHyun? Kim Jungmin? Does it even matter? These opponents are sitting back so deep...

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think Lee Jin Hyun is planned as LWB and Kim Jung Min is best as deep lying playmaker. Lee Seung Mo is classic CDM. But you're right. It doesn't really matter actually.

6. zeke714

zeke714 Member

Aug 9, 2018