2018-19 UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 2: Borussia Dortmund vs AS Monaco

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Rather play JBL for Wolf, the later has been disappointing. JBL done way more for the team in twice less playing time.

Witsel had a rough game today as well

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    This was not a terrible result today. We got the 3 points.

I'm tired of worrying so much about how the team looks so long as the team wins.

3. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This forum has always been melodramatic but this is a new low.

Scheherazade repped this.
  4. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I occasionally wonder if I this is the Barcelona or RM forum instead of the BVB one.

Solid result. We will just have to get used to Favre not taking big risks until he can observe the other team's shape and tactics. He will be asked about what kind of instructions he gives at half time and to the substitutes soon enough.

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Delaney and Wolf are still the most puzzling signings this season, they add nothing to the team, and Maximillian Philipp did way more in his 7 minute cameo as a winger than all those games as a striker. Hopefully Favre has noticed this and fields him over Wolf.

Anyway, nice win. On to the next match vs Augsburg.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Witsel and Delaney create a black hole for us in the middle that kills any link-up play, however, at the same time it provides defensive stability as both are stout in that regard. On the other hand it kills any creativity as they are too slow with the ball (Witsel) or can't pass (Delaney) so one of them will have to replaced by Weigl who is much more mobile then either and can link-up play much better.

LP was also just terrible as he keeps getting caught out of position on a consistent basis.

astrophyz repped this.
  7. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Today the players I thought were good were Alcacer, DAZ, Diallo, JBL, and Burki. JBL had a lot of bad play also, but end product matters. Diallo had some great passing and some great runs.

The team was uneven. Lots of bad passing. Lots of running into defenders with no upside.

Also, doing a minute-by-minute on the Bleacher Report app sucks. No keyboard fast forward or rewind? Also, the MBM wasn't as interesting as the last one because the game was a bit choppy.

Attached Files:

8. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Important win. Now if we cant take anything from Atletico it will be great. Witsel and Delaney are not my first choice for a midfield duo, but Favre picks the team. I am puzzled though, that LP continues to be in the starting XI week in, week out. Hakimi did much better than him. JBL, Philipp, Weigl and Hakimi definitely need more minutes on the pitch. Glad that the first one is rather productive, despite quite a lot of mistakes.

9. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    This team is a bit like the team from the start of last year in that their results are a better than their play. I think the biggest difference is that Favre is better with his changes, so the team is stronger in the 2nd half than the first. But a run of losses wouldn't require a change in anything but the balance of luck/individual over-performance on a single play. Yesterday if Sylla was a couple touches better it would have been a different match. Of course, the same could be said for JBL or Reus, which is my point: BVB is taking their chances better than their opposition, but counting on your opponent to not take their chances is prone to failure.

The best news for me is that the kids are playing a lot. This team should get better as the year goes on, since 18-20 year olds get better with play.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I remember the mood last year at this time of the year. It was at this point some people, not myself were really starting to doubt Bosz. They had already seen him through him and lost hope. I was very disappointed with his 4-3-3 and selection, but had hope. 3 more weeks off his poor selections and tactics and everyone on this board had lost faith in him.

At this moment I have a lot more faith in Favre and I guess Witsel and Delaney do have an excellent mentality. I wouldn't change anything about Favre's tactics just a couple of personnel. Hakimi, Weigl and Dahoud in the team. Then maybe give Raphael a go at left back.