2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 23: Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Feb 23, 2019.

1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    there's no way we won't give it a shot, esp if Reus is healthy. It's a small chance, but football is so chaotic that if a bunch of conditions align, and you get a little luck you can end up with a large score. It'll also be at home, which is a big factor as well. And after all the reward (progressing to UCL quarter finals) is huge!

2. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    BVB beat Atletico 4-0. They can beat Tottenham 4-0. When BVB is feeling it, they can crush teams. Sadly, the flow hasn't been there, but it can come back at any time, so let's not give up!

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What exactly did Spurs have, if not luck, to beat us 3-0 at Wembley?

4. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Scoring three or four at home is not an issue. The problem is to not concede the away goal(s).

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think we can accomplish that with DAZ, Akanji and LP. Having a refreshed Witsel will also help. I would also prefer having Weigl next to him intead of Delaney.

MtnGardener repped this.
  6. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Of course. The "0" is just as important as the "4" in my statement. It isn't likely, but I don't think anyone can claim it is impossible. As much as I understand the "cut bait on CL" thought, I think the team has to play to win. You can't control injuries or luck, you just have to go out on game day and try to win. Yes it can backfire, like Reus getting injured in a DFB loss, but I do think a team as close to the top as BVB can't pack it in. They have to be brave, take the chance, and see what they can do.

TimBenneth repped this.
  7. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I agree with at least trying to overturn that first leg deficit, it will be difficult, but not impossible ... and while you might not be able to control injuries, u can certainly mitigate them by not playing your star player in a meaningless DFB cup game when u r chasing the Champions League and the Bundesliga. It makes even more sense if he is made of glass. The rotation and substitutions are one of Favre's sticking points, and you would think for such an experienced coach that he would know better. It's quite telling to look at Nice crashing out of their Europa campaign, and that seems to be replaying itself out here. I am a fan of Favre's, but its certainly hard for him to escape criticism in this respect.

8. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Weigl had a poor game IMO. Could not hold the ball under pressure, too many misplaced passes, weak presence in the midfield overall.