2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 23: Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Feb 23, 2019.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My guess is that Bosz will get some payback, after all we've been pissing away our lead.

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Indeed I've got a bad feeling about this...

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is a must win, on paper one of the bigger tests remaining in the schedule and a win would go some way to restoring some confidence and stop the rot. 3 points here and at the very least challenging strongly right until the end should be possible. Anything less and the challenge will be quickly fading.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LF has an interesting lineup: Weigl next to Witsel, Götze at #10 behind Paco. Diallo at LB doesn't inspire confidence as usual because Hakimi is on the right. No more screwing around as Sancho and Raphael are the flanking AMs.

Oh and Akanji is back next to DAZ!!!

I suspect Akanji will be subbed out at some point and either Dahoud or Delaney depending on the score will come in to push Weigl back.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I like the lineup except Diallo at LB. But I'm not sure that there is enough creativity coming from the CM. Both are good passers, though and Leverkusen won't just sit back. I hope Bosz plays the high line we saw from his Dortmund days but he already mentioned that it is working better with Leverkusen's players.
    It seems that Leverkusen is using a midfield that is more defensively sound than what was used in the previous games with Brandt on the wing again.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We are being thoroughly outplayed. Dahoud is badly needed for this game.

Our midfield with Gotze, Weigl and Witsel is too static.

Hopefully Leverkusen tire.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen is more playing like the league leader at home but they also didn't have clear chances, in fact, the few chances for us were in better positions. If I want to be positive, we are playing for counter chances to exploit their high line. But we are in a good phase right now.

And now Zagadou scores.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Big goal. Zagadou from a corner.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen equalizes and Sancho answers right away with a fantastic volley.

We allow too much in defense though. Their attacks through Havertz and Brandt are a joy to watch.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If Alcacer sees Guerreiro, that's probably the third goal right before the half. 2:1 at halftime against a strong Leverkusen is a good result so far after Leverkusen dominated the first 20 minutes. Their game against Bayern already showed that if you don't convert your chances, they are capable of punishing you. Our rather slow and static midfield has problems whenever Leverkusen make their combinations with runs and speed. But that would be hard to defend for most.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They've had more possession and spent more time in our third but we've been more dangerous.

Also Barca loaned us one player and sold us a completely different one. Paco can't even hit the goal.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Theres the third for us. Mich needed

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Götze with the 3:1. Very composed finish.

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  15. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Now close it out boys!

Liquid1010 repped this.
  16. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3-2. Why did RG give away a completely unnecessary free-kick around the box? Dumb AF.

kbvb repped this.
  17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The referee needs a swift foot up the arse.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a relief. Losing to Peter Bosz and Bayer would have been humiliating.

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Game ends 3:2. Very important to end the winless streak against a good team. Bürki had some nice saves, otherwise this could have been another Hoffenheim. There was often too much space left on the wings. These holes are concerning but overall the team did good. Witsel is starting to make too many mistakes. We didn't see that in the first half when he barely lost a ball. I hope that's only a bad phase for him.
    I hope Reus comes back soon so that we'll get back to our strongest team. The next teams won't be that offensive minded like Leverkusen.

20. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Shaky defending but we still won. Any port in a storm, I guess.

21. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho showed great spirit to rally the fans at the end. Everything goes through Sancho and we are lucky that he has unbelievable composure for a young player.

kbvb repped this.
  22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Witsel is fatigued. He hardly ever gets a break. Weigl was awesome.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marco Reus back in team training and should be able to play against Augsburg.

I would like the next week to play out like this: we hammer Augsburg, BMG does us a solid and batter Bayern. Then we destroy Spurs at home. Meanwhile Bayern get squashed against Liverpool.

BVBFNM and astrophyz repped this.
  24. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    i disagree... but only in that I want us to just roll out with a squad that doesnt matter against tottenham.. take the loss. Theres no way we score 3 much less keeping them scoreless as well or else we would need 5 since they would win a 4-1 match with away goals putting them in.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not like Spurs are having an excellent season. They've laid the occasional egg so why not against us away?

BVBFNM and MtnGardener repped this.