2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 22: FC Nürnberg vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Feb 17, 2019.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that we're effectively out of the Champions League we must turn all of our attention to the Bundesliga and can't afford to any more slips as we got those scumbags breathing down our necks. Fortunately it's against bottom feeders Nürnberg, because sometimes you need an easy win to regain your confidence. Anything less than a blowout victory would be disappointing.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    So I was wrong and Nürnberg changed their coach just in time for our match. I hope this doesn't give the players a boost, especially if those players get a chance who weren't first choice previously. But they are fighting for survival anyways and cannot be underestimated. The game is scheduled for monday which gives the team 1-2 more days rest than usual.

Reus and LP are still out. That means we'll probably see Diallo at LB again against a team that in contrast to Tottenham will put all players behind the ball. Pulisic is injured as well but sadly it has to be said, given the potential he once showed, his absence won't weaken the team. I don't know the status concerning Weigl and Alcacer.
    Dahoud at 10 didn't work. Against a team like Nürnberg, I'd try to include Philipp who offers speed, danger from outside the box and is one of the few good finishers left in the team. But he always disappointed as a striker and isn't a 10 as well. I think it'd be worth a shot to try Guerreiro there.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I have no idea what to do but I could see us drawing yet again..

Really missed a chance to help this team when we didnt reinvest some of pulisic money

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Weigl and Paco are in the squad. Akanji should be back within two weeks as per his own assessment. Reus and Piszczek are still out.

I hope to see Weigl partner DAZ in CB. Dahoud next to Witsel. And let's give Paco a start in CF.

kbvb and BVBFNM repped this.
  5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    should dominate but im not holding my breath at all. though getting them back only helps.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anything other than 3 points means Bayern are back at the top next weekend. What a nightmare.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pulisic out with a torn muscle.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's a must win game. The bad run has to stop. I would like to see this line-up.

Hakimi--Weigl--Zagadou--Schmelzer

Sancho--Dahoud--Witsel--Raphael
    ----------------Philipp----------
    -------------------Alacacer-----

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kicker expects Gotze to be in the lineup behind Alcacer.

10. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Mmm little weird lineup

IMG_2551.jpg

And subs

IMG_2552.jpg

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, everyone is excited to see Wolf play RB

1097563771294441472 is not a valid tweet id

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    how much worse could it be right??? why not start him there

13. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why is it so shocking to deploy Wolf as a RB? He's a waste in attack but defensively solid and can run without tiring. Now's the time to start grooming him as Piszczek's replacement.

14. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Who's going to be the #10? Gotze or Phillip?

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It looks like Philipp will be the number 10. It's a bit strange because from their abilities, you'd expect Götze at the 10 and Philipp as the emergency striker. But we'll see.

Wolf as RB isn't that weird but the lineup shows the limits of our supposed depth. Wolf was tested as an RB in a non-public game but I heard ambiguous reports concerning his performance. Had he been great in that game, I think we'd have seen him used there earlier and more often. I would have expected Hakimi, of course, but I guess he needs a rest. Might do him some good as well. He looked besides himself againt Tottenham after some mistakes.
    If both FBs disappoint in offense, it will be a tough game to watch.

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    looks to be a typical day for us.. dangerous until the final 3rd...

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ughh just not creating enough.. alcacer in 2 d better be great

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nürnberg's gameplan is clear: Go for deadballs at all costs. Several dives already that the ref keeps falling for.
    We aren't creating enough but the last few mins have been better. Even if we don't score, we have to tire them out for Alcacer and Hakimi.

19. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I hope we really open up a bit next half

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Favre needs to change and rely on Dahoud now. Delaney/Witsel is no longer cutting it.

We also badly need some leadership back in this team.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The terrible ref rewards Nürnberg's fans throwing balls on the field by just ending the half which prevents us executing a corner. That's a great lesson for those idiots. Just throw shit on the pitch.

22. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Very bad decision!

Why are they angry anyways??

23. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think it's the usual anger against monday games. Somehow Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are fine though. But Nürnberg also has a friendship with Schalke and by proxy doesn't like us. They also hate Bayern, though.

astrophyz repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTF was that?!?!! Up until the end we didn't have any sustained pressure.

And the refs are a bunch of cünts. We just got screwed out of a corner. He wants to get his Feierabend as soon as possible.

I get Witsels role in the squad but why do we have two of them? Why not use Dahoud instead of Delaney??

25. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I'd say introduce more creating players (Dahoud, Hakimi, Paco) and widen the field a bit.. We're insisting on using the middle in the final third. I think Paco+Hakimi+Guerreiro on at the same time can create something from the left.