2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 21: Borussia Dortmund vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Feb 8, 2019.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I've seen the game and I think this could be the defining moment, where the league was won, but not by Bayern.

There was a lack of leadership with Favre not present and Reus injured. Our two best CBs were out and Delaney was missing. With all that being said, the youngsters came out and played excellent football in the first half. Sancho was the stand out player, but I thought Dahoud was tigerish and great on the ball too.

In the second half, there were quite a few factors, which led to the draw. I think some of the players took their eyes of the ball and were dreaming of Wembley. Other plays may have been slightly tired and then there was the inexperience and lack of leadership.

Diallo is not in good form and the current back line struggles when balls are lofted into the box. We really miss Akanji and Zagadou in this aspect too. Diallo and Hakimi made big mistakes for the goal. I don't think we can fix the weakness from set pieces until the first choice CBs are back.

I expect Nuremburg will be Zagadou's first match back.

I am actually optimistic after this match. This match has proven the league is in our hands. If we play well we will win it. Bayern away will be the decider, but I feel the youngsters have learnt a valuable lesson about never taking any result for granted.

Bring on Tottenham and let's hope Reus is fit. I have a feeling this is our year.

hava and Scheherazade repped this.
  2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lmao well done @eaglespark 's positivity

Yesterday could be a wake up call for everyone to raise their level from now until May or it could be the start of a mental collapse. LF must regain fitness. 60 plus year olds getting bronchitis is no joke. It is harder to recover.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funke Sport says Akanji trained with the squad!!

Scheherazade repped this.
  4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great news. We will need him.

It will be interesting to see how Tottenham get on today. The English media is still by far the most powerful footballing media in the world. Beat Tottenham and they will be ready to declare Dortmund one of the top clubs in the world.