2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 19: Borussia Dortmund vs Hannover 96

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Jan 25, 2019.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We're facing Hannover who are currently second to last and are looking like a relegation candidate. When we faced them early in the season they held us to a goalless draw, meaning we have to make up for it.

2. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Yeah, we should beat them badly. They are not good. Losing to them would be really depressing, way more than losing to Dusseldorf.

3. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m going to my first Dortmund (and Bundesliga) match today. Can anyone recommend some pubs to visit pre-match with a great atmosphere?

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anything other than a win is going to be a disappointment. Toprak hits the bench and Reus will be back in the attack behind Paco I think.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    LP Weigl Diallo Hakimi
    Witsel Delaney
    Sancho Reus Guerreiro
    Götze

Clearly a must win after the lost points in Hannover already hurt in hindsight. Breitenreiter is fighting for his job so they cannot be underestimated.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great chance for Reus, should have been a goal. Still 0:0 after 20 minutes.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now Reus hits the post. I hope it's not one of those games.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hakimi gives us the lead with a fantastic goal. Nice combo with Guerreiro.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 at halftime. Not a great game by us after taking the lead. LP and Guerreiro had some nice scenes. I think Sancho's best scene was a crucial interception in defense close to the penalty area. Hakimi is on a yellow which is a bit worrying. Delaney could have cost us a penalty.

I hope the team also reconsiders their fair play. Several times we played the ball out when one of their players was on the ground. Every time they then played the ball back to our keeper to start their pressing immediately. When two of our players were on the ground, they didn't play the ball out and after receiving the ball from the ref, they kept the ball to continue their attack. It's bullshit when only one team follows these unwritten rules.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 Reus thanks to his perfect technique. Assist by Hakimi.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3:0 Götze, nice counterattack. Sancho didn't have a great game so far but his composure and vision was one of the keys.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hannover are falling apart. 4:0 Guerreiro. 3 goals within not even 10 minutes.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Match ends 5:1, nice to improve the goal difference.
    Good game overall by the players. No real weakness. LP had a very good game, especially during the part of the game when we only had the 1:0 lead. Weigl wasn't tested in defense and did his job almost without errors, but he was maybe partly at fault for the goal against. Frankfurt will be a harder test for him.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The last time Reus and Gotze scored in the same match was back in Jan 2013, six years ago.

MatthausSammer and BVBFNM repped this.
  15. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I thought it was just an unlucky deflection.. Something happen with Weigl getting back and not staying marked on that, that was missed?

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It'd be real nice if Stuttgart could steal points from Bayern tomorrow. Every point counts in this title race.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Truth be told, I bet on Bayern tomorrow so I will gladly have a loser bet if it helps our boys!!