2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 15: Borussia Dortmund vs SV Werder Bremen

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Dec 13, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that we've won our Champions League group the group stage is now officially irrelevant, so let's focus on finishing the year winning our remaining three Bundesliga games.

Bremen have experienced a resurgence of sorts under Florian Kohfeldt, so expect a difficult match even if we have home advantage.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sahin is the slowest player in the BL with a min of 180 min played.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    The American in me wants to see Josh Sargent come on and do well if given the chance.. But the German in me wants to see us win 3-1 with sargent getting a mop up time goal... not wrong right?

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Goal Paco. . See he can score when he starts too.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Goal reus... pouring it on now.

6. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Guerrero has been an upgrade on Larsen at left wing. Very tricky. He could be attempting a record for number of backheels in a single match.

MtnGardener, astrophyz and Kargetina_BVB repped this.
  7. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Glad Bach dropped points today so we have a chance at 9 points between 2nd. Need to hang on.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    We won. All that mattered. I didnt get to see who scored the goal that was canceled

9. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great performance, we could have won 5:1 but we couldn't finish the chances.

Three points in, 9 points ahead of Bayern and M'Gladbach.

@HockeytownHeel It was Gotze.

eaglespark repped this.
  10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great result. Even if we didn't dominate all stretches of the game, I thought the football overall looked pretty good which is an indicator that the team is on the right track. They are getting better playing together. Of course, with Witsel and Reus in the center and the likes of Guerreiro, Hakimi and Sancho from the sides, it's no surprise you see technically good football.

The next two games will be challenges for different reasons. Düsseldorf is fighting to stay in the league but as they proved against Bayern, they can be deadly on the counter with their fast striker. I don't think we can rotate like we did against Monaco. Gladbach is the number 2 team right now for a reason and their first 11 will make it a fight between equal opponents.

11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    We create so many chances. We need to finish them. Also, we start hot, then get so cold. Bremen passed the ball quiet well, and we didn't manage it well. This could a scary preview if we meet a talented team that can pass the ball in the CL.
    Guerreiro indeed much better on offence than Larsen. But still turns off late in the game. Pulisic substitution should have come earlier.

MtnGardener repped this.
  12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Perhaps Dahoud would be motivated by a start against Gladbach, but he was terrible in his last game.

I don't think we will see much rotation, but I would like to see Reus and Witsel on the bench for the game.

I thought the team were excellent today, but should have been more clinical. They created a lot of chances and linked up well. I have been harsh on Raphael, probably have been very unfair on him, but at the moment he looks like our best left wiinger.

13. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Exactly. Guerreiro was pretty bad in his last 15 minutes. The loose possession on that side really let Werder stay in it. Also, Diallo was a mess in passing. I like that he tries those aggressive passes, but a little more awareness of "how bad will it be if this one gets intercepted" would help.

Bayern looked good (versus a terrible team) and Die Fohlen looked bad versus a decent team. Gladbach were lucky to get a point out of that.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, the left side with Hakimi and Guerreiro looked soft and vulnerable in defense for a majority of the game. There is no question that both will have to improve that part of their game. Once they find their rhythm in offense, the plays between them and Reus is something that will challenge many teams, though.

podrinje repped this.
  15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yea that aspect was very eveident today as both of those guys are very offensive minded but Hakimi is very athletic and pacy which he has been able to lean on when it comes to masking those defensive deficiencies. However, I thought that both of them were very good today for 3/4 of the game until Guerreiro fell off but they both have the FB background and know how and when to make overlapping runs to support one another plus Guerreiro is much more technically adept than JBL which allows them to play within a short area and quick flicks, drop-offs, etc. I would like to see this line-up more often to give them more time to get some more familiarity with one another as I think they could form a very effective combination so that we don't become too dependent on Sancho making "something happen" on the right wing which will make the team much tougher to defend.

kbvb repped this.
  16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marco Reus taking advice from the real brains of the squad.

1074254461386833921 is not a valid tweet id