2017 NBA Off-season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by os_mutante, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I actually think it was beneficial for both teams

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    TWolves hit a lick. LaVine and Dunn?? Are you serious?

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Doesnt matter who the Bulls got in return. They been ********ed.

4. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No they have not been.cos offering 200 mil salary to guy that could not help us be better is not the right deal
    jimmy is a solo player and he cant improve the team
    As much as i love him Rondo is 10 times more influential for the over all team play

We cant win anything like this so its better to rebuild

Rondo would be looooot more important and trying to gold onto him us way more important

Looking at stats,yeah,Jimmy looks amazing but he is slow in transition and is a solo player.and as one he could not make the Bulls better

Rondo made every single player in our team play better.we need to rebuild and have few players that contribute rather than one who clogs up the game

He won us few game but he also ********ed up numerous games with his solo playes.so no its ok.Jimmy can go and we can try to get someone else next season since we freed up a lot of salary cap

This change was a must.i dunno if LaVine and Dunn and the 7th pick(i dunno if you dont mention this on purpose) gonna be good enough but we had to try and change something

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think the Butler trade is all that bad, if Lavine gets healthy. He was showing real improvement until his injury. Look at Butler's career. At the same stage of his career, he wasnt performing as well as Lavine. Lavine scored more, shot better from the floor, including FAR better from 3pt range. He also is much better from the free throw line. Butler improved steadily each year to get to the point he is right now. I think too many just discount that.

6. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats the main fact
    Buttler was nowhere the level LaVine is at same age
    LaVine 10ppg,14ppg and then 18ppg respectivEly in his first 3 years
    Bulls last season were rumored that wanted to even make straight swap for Dunn and possible pick.We just got LaVine for free just cos he has torn ACL
    If he was healthy i really doubt that Wolves would have include him in the trade
    Not to mention we got 7ft rage shooter that is a new trend in Nba that can turn into new PortZingis.top scorer in u20 Europe championship and highest rated youngster in Europe

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Dunn struggled to take over for Rubio... Lol.. RUBIO! I'm not sure Dunn is a starter in this league in any capacity. He doesn't offer anything on defense and besides fancy maneuvers to kick the ball out.. not much on offense.

LaVine is a scoring wing.. Nothing less, nothing more, def not a playmaker and a mediocre defender at best. They both logged in the worse +/- in Minnesota. They don't offer anything in any time span that you can't find anywhere else.

8. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dunn does not offer anything in defense?thats his biggest strength
    Defense and play making
    Also Thibs is not fun of rookies but lets wait and see

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  10. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jimmy is holding the ball a lot
    Something that a lot of coaches hate
    He has no alternative play hut i
    He ********s up many attacks and sometimes is very depressing to watch
    He will score 30 but ******** up many attacks and is very slow in transition and high paced game

He slows the tempo a lit of times and then goes for sheer power attacks on the rim
    His game is dependent on a lot of free throws where he is very efficient

But games won with buttler running the show are very hard earned wins since he literally makes everyone else fall asleep while he is doing his show

Knowing Thibs this will be issue.wait and see

11. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The con artist, the sham, the overinflated ego, frontrunner that is named Phil Jackson .... OUT in New York! Thank goodness! Anyone hiring this guy in basketball again needs to get their heads checked. And I mean that, even with his 11 titles.

sitruc repped this.
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't Chris Paul lose a 3-1 lead to the Rockets in the playoffs? And now he wants to join them? What a cupcake! :D

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    For those who don't know... Screenshot_20170628-134807.png

14. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    They are also trying to get PG 13 lolom

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    This summer wild.

18. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    More or less knew this was coming, confused as to why he would pick Houston. Two ball dominant guards, one of which isn't a great spot up shooter and can't carry a fast offence, if his life dependant on it. All that and considering the fact that he's been declining (especially defensively) and has D'Antoni as their coach. I'd be really surprised, if that ''superteam'' can cause the Warriors any problems.

That being said, one has to thank Chris Paul. He's been a pillar ever since he's been traded here and gave the Clippers his best (and their best) 6 years. Some great moments, that will go down in history, but ultimately they both fell short of their expectations. In the end, he also extended his contract which didn't leave the Clippers in ultimate ruins and likely helped to resign Blake. Good luck in Houston.

The other think that's worth pointing out is that most of the journalists are blaming the relationship with Doc as the ultimate deciding factor as to why he wanted to leave. I'm not even surprised. Him not taking the trade with Carmelo was idiotic to say the least.

The final thing is the Clippers actually got a nice haul in return. A back up PF/C who has grit and is atheltic, Dekker who I've loved since he played in college and will likely be the starting SF, Beverley a defensive stud and Lou Williams coming off the bench. In the end this gives you cap flexibility in order to do some moves. Everyone besides Blake and DJ is expandable. I think Austin might take the SG starting role - I know this might be stupid, but he deserved it. Reddick all in all has been straight up awful in the playoffs. Rivers has improved his shooting, so I expect another leap this year.

Lou, Crawford are too similar so I see someone leaving or being traded. The Clippers will likely stay a playoff team, not as good as before obviously, but I don't think they fall off that drastically.

benni... repped this.
  19. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    It's not bad per say, but there are a lot of ''if''s. Butler is clearly one of the top 20 players in the league and top 3 at his position. LaVine looks like he'll be a 6th MOTY candidate. LaVine will be lucky to achieve something similar. Don't know much about Dunn, but he's solid defensively, nothing much offensively. You're trading an established star for something that might be.

Everytime a team loses a star, they can not be the winners of that trade (the same goes for the Clippers, but viewing how that could've ended, I'm fairly please we got anything out of it at all).

20. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Not remotely the same. If anything he joined a less ''talented'' team, that are better performance wise. He didn't join a championship team. The move was more linear than anything. Even PG moving to Cleveland wouldn't be anything similar, since there would have to be a trade.

You Warriors fans still trying to justify KD's move. Lol.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cp3 never been to the west finals right?

22. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    Phil Jackson did all what he can do to get fired, and earn his paycheck. He was really doing some of stupid stuff, that was clearly indication he wanted to be fired.

23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best rumor out there: the reason LeBron signed an uncharacteristic 2 year contract last year is so his would expire the same time as Melo, CP3, and Wade. And now, Knicks are said to be considering just fired GM of the Cavs David Griffin for the front office.

Banana Boat Crew, in MSG, coming in 2018. Book it!

thebigman repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    David Griffin as Knicks GM is too much of a good idea for it to come true.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Clippers never been to a West Finals... Ever!

thebigman repped this.