PBP: 2017 Final: NC-POR at Orlando

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was on the opposite end of the Supporters sections, so if there was some negative chanting I couldn't distinguish the words. I know some of the Portland chants as I have been to their games before but if there were some off the wall singing or chanting I was too far away from them to understand what they were saying.

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Did you see that Heath is out of the upcoming WNT games due to an ankle injury. She joins Smith, who's out too, with Smith apparently expecting to be ok in 3 or 4 weeks (thankfully). There's a reasonable chance that Heath's injury is worse than Smith's.

So now, I assume you're really mad about the Courage's overt physicality? Probably not, you're a Courage fan, there aren't many (any?) really serious sports fans who are objective about their own or opposing teams. Including me, unfortunately, although I really try.

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I suggest people look at the 2016 Semifinal match, which is still on youtube.

WNY got four yellows, including bad fouls on Heath ( twice) to Horan, and to Sinclair. The Thorns got two yellows, both protesting the ref forgetting he had cards.

Doniak clearly had a contract out on Heath, who was knocked down 13 times total, and spent time on the sideline with the thorns a man down. The persistent infringement clause was appparently chewed out of the ref’s lawbook.

You really think the Thorns weren’t going to be Physical this time?