2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, May 17, 2017.

1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    argentinas keeper has a fat and immobile butt lol. cant dive or jump diagonally to save his life

2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i noticed this as well...England's second goal was for him.

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    There are some from South America but none of the big talents from Europe came given that none of the clubs would be willing to release them for the U-20 WC while the season is ongoing.

The biggest talent is the Uruguayan Rodrigo Bentancur, who just signed for Juventus after a very successful stint at Boca Juniors. He's already been touted to join the senior NT as well. Very hard to compare him to our players given that they haven't even played senior football yet.

aeh1991 repped this.
  4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think there aren't future superstars, but every good team has 1-2 talented players. Examples: Ascacibar (ARG), Diop (FRA) or Lewis Cook (ENG). Imo LSW can be counted as one of the most interesting players from an external view.

Edit: as zdrstvte said the biggest stars of this age category are left at their clubs like Mbappe or O.Dembele.

5. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You can tell the huge drop in standard from 2013 U-20 World Cup to 2015 U-20 World Cup, which directly coincided with the change in the dates of the tournament. Until 2013, the tournament took place after the European season ended, but not anymore. FIFA has done a good job of making youth tournaments even more irrelevant.

aeh1991, chook90 and Marco91 repped this.
  6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    zambia very good as suspected but theres no way their players are under 20

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As so does the majority of CAF youth teams.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    They need to get rid of this VAR bullshit. It's killing the rhythm of the match and allowing for ridiculous retroactive decisions.

Btw, looks like Italy has another Buffon type GK ready for the future. He's having an amazing match.

chook90 repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    They already have Donnaruma :p

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    One thing I don't like about VAR is that it takes too long to review. If the decision is more instant then I wouldn't mind.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    They always have at least 3 elite level GKs at all times. It's crazy how well they develop GKs.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    No wonder when kids grow up watching and idolizing Gigi.

13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yes Donnarumma will be the N°1 GK for Italy.

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You guys lost :eek:

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    we have basically the B squad here. Don't expect great things from Italy in this competition, they never cared about it.

Sons of Thunder, chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Seems to be the case for most European teams.

17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yes, unfortunately...Euro teams care a lot more about the Euro under 21...speaking of youth tournaments.

chook90, zdrstvte and killaorca repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    It seems like Park Myungsoo has been playing regularly with Gyeonnam fc and they are first place right now in the second division.
    I wonder how he would have played with this team. I think he's a rb. Also I'm curious if he will try to move to Europe again. He was close in the last transfer window.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think the European clubs don't want to release their players at this moment. That's the biggest reason.

20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    well i know a player from Italy squad, he refused to partecipate as he want to take his diploma at school.

This gives you an idea about how much he cared for this competition.

Lookingforleftbacks and killaorca repped this.
  21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Watching Uruguay v Italy, Uruguay is very impressive

22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Poor Perin, Meret and Scuffet :ROFLMAO:

Marco91 and jessypjs repped this.
  23. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    this seems silly to me. school is important but at 20 you are pretty much dedicated to playing football for a living. experiencing international tournament under a highly competitive setting is valuable and it can help you jump start your young career. you can argue italians have european standard domestic league to offset/triumph this experience but not every kid gets regular playing time

i never understood clubs that look to 'protect' their prospects from this tournament, especially when the tournament takes during the players offseason. id have yet to hear one player say 'that tournament hindered my development'. a bunch of bundesliga clubs prevented their academy kids (note: not their senior team players) from getting selected. whatever their reason was i bet it didnt stop them from sending their scouting team. suppose they find their next african starlet take a guess who hes going to play over

24. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    This guy doesn't really needs this tournament to be "noticed", as he's already being scouted by many serie A clubs ( he currently plays in Serie B with La Spezia)

He said that he wants to get the diploma and then go to university...i wish him good luck.

chook90 repped this.
  25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I guess football isn't really a priority for him.