[2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup: Group Stage] Korea vs Argentina 2017/05/23 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, May 21, 2017.

1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was very impressed with LSW's defensive contributions. The kid was all over the pitch and made some crucial tackles & interceptions when Korea was most vulnerable.

killaorca repped this.
  2. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Highlight of the game was Lee Seungwoo's antics of celebrating for more than 3 minutes.

This guy loves to suck his own dick so bad and it's absolutely hilarious lol

3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guys who love to suck their own d!ck are precisely what KNT needs.

4. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Not if they can't produce the goods. Worst thing to have is guys who love to suck their cocks and just suck period.

5. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Lol. So true. Got a bit embarrassing after awhile

6. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Perhaps what's worse than LSW's celebrations is when he is off his game and complains. Every call or no-call that doesn't go LSW's way, I anticipate him going up to the ref and putting up absolutely cringeworthy antics.

12th Player, nmssis and Kanuck repped this.
  7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He learned it from the Spaniards.

8. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah, when he's having an off match it's downright cringeworthy.

who can't love what he has brought to the side when he plays for country but the kid is an outright diva at times. he hates being pushed off the ball, but that's f'ing football, shut up and play. if he had even PSH's size, it would help him so much.

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    lol one of his female friends is apparently a soccer player as well and she thanked him for the celebration.

10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I am pretty confident that Korea can still beat either one. We already beat Uruguay. We just need to make our defense better.

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    korea can be the outsider...but it's clear that this team depends on LSW so much...

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I actually don't mind LSW's antics. Other than KSY, SHM and KJC, our KNT members can be mute in the presence of refs, which is a detriment in many matches.

Chingoo, doraemon, Seol Korea and 2 others repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    If we play like the ARG game, our defense at itself is okay. Though we need more control in midfield and we need more intelligent defending (starting counter attacks instead of kicking the ball away).

jessypjs repped this.
  14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lee Sangmin needs to play better. He struggled at times playing in a 3 back system. For instance, his positioning was particularly poor when he allowed the attacker (Torres?) to run across him into space when conceding the goal. I was actually expecting a lot more from him in this tournament.

aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yes, maybe he has some mentality problems rather than lacking talent (is the captaincy a burden?). Anyway, I've always thought he had more talent than Jung Tae Wook, but in this tournament Jung has been the better CB so far. I hope Lee can regain his form / concentrate more, as I was also expecting a lot more from him.

16. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yep, i do hear what you're saying. all the European sides do it too, KNT can also benefit from dark arts and such.

the Japanese are so lacking in this dep't.

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I don't mind his celebration, I thought it was fun.

chook90 repped this.
  18. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm by no means going against this.

I just find his celebrations so fcking funny. Dunno what it is, maybe it's his facial expressions or the smug look in his face that makes me burst out in laughter every time he celebrates.

If FIFA ever awarded a "golden celebration" award, Lee Seungwoo would be the undisputed champion of all time.

jessypjs, chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    LSW is surely the most dominant force of this team, but other players are good enough to win this tournament too. Like others said above, we just need to fix some issues.

20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    What gives me worries is that Korea is not exactly a winning team...if you know what i mean...

G0ALL repped this.
  21. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Korea can make a deep run in this tournament. The defense held up well and we were clinical in the best chances we made. It wasn't the 4-0 glorious thrashing that we usually think of with dominance. But a team that grinds out wins has a lot of appeal to it too. We are playing to our strengths and it will be fun to watch how far we can go.

Marco91 repped this.
  22. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    #272 G0ALL, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Sometimes Korea can be its own worst enemy when they are leading against a team that they can win against. They don't want to attack and they play too conservative. They didn't even want to counterattack. They were lucky to walk away with a win here. If it's a knockout game and they do the same thing against a better team, they may not be so lucky.

at this level, with the players korea have plus home field advantage, they can compete with anyone. tuhon is not going to work for them next time they decide to sit on a 1 goal lead with 35 minutes left to play

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Uruguay was very impressive

24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Yeah, they looked diff against Japan.

25. nmssis

nmssis Member+