[2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup: Group Stage] Korea vs Argentina 2017/05/23 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, May 21, 2017.

1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    But Korea won't win the tournament...but i think they can reach the semi, if they avoid France or Uruguay.

jessypjs repped this.
  2. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man LSW and PSH have been on fire ever since the string of friendlies leading up to the tourney. Creating goals, scoring. Great to see the form continue.

PSH is on the front page of r/soccer for his celebration [emoji13]

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it doesn't matter nor help Asian players to play in minor leagues like Sweden or whatever. if anything, it is worse for Asian players to join minor leagues in hopes they can move to top 5 league in EU. better for Korean players to play in K League or J League & get much higher/better exposure through NT to make the move to top 5 euro league.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i agree with you on this...but these are not even minor leagues but something even on a lower level..

Yes, going from k league to Swedish league is a waste. Going from K league to Celtic, it's not.

5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #230 takeuchi, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    those are few exceptions. also, it is Europa/CL performance that will catch the eyes of top 5 leagues. even on this occasion, the player has to be extremely young & perform really well (most likely before 24 or so) to get that elusive transfer to top 5 leagues.

even Red Bull Salzburg, until they raised their profile recently through Red Bull/RB Leipzig farm club.. i wouldn't have advised any Asian player to join them.

aeh1991 repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yes...it's an exception beacuse Celtic play in the EL or in the CL, but that's not the only thing that makes Celtic a good stepping stone club.

7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think anybody said Austrian Bundesliga is better than K-league just because it's a European league.

Being close to proximity with countries where the big things happen is of in itself a benefit. For one, scouts (of major clubs) will be more frequent in leagues like the Austrian BuLi (geographical proximity, familiar culture, established history of successful transfers, etc.).

Also, as of the present, I think the Austrian BuLi is seen more as a stepping stone to the big leagues than the K-league is. So even though the relative strength of the 2 leagues (Austria and Korea) might be the same or the latter being stronger, it doesn't hurt to go to Austria. Players like HHC will train with ambitious players eyeing for a big move or a big-club loanee. Might learn a thing or two.

8. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    In the end, it doesnt matter what league you play in. If you are an exceptional talent, you will get noticed. Cha legend went to europe when he was 25. And this when asian players in europe was practically unheard of

killaorca repped this.
  9. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yeah...HHC in Austria faced/ he's facing and will face competion that in Korea would have never exist.

The same problem Kwon had with Suwon. Who was a competition for him in the past two years?

chook90 repped this.
  10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    백승호가 그린 긴 네모 표시가 당시 종이 같아 추첨 상황을 재현하는 듯한 모습이었다. 많은 네티즌들은 이미 마라도나 희롱 세리머니로 명명했다.

다른 추리는 VAR이었다. 이번 대회에 적용 중인 비디오 판독 시스템인 VAR을 확인할 때 심판들이 취하는 표시와 닮았다. 자신이 얻어 낸 페널티킥에 아르헨티나 선수들이 항의한 만큼 이 득점은 정당하다는 뜻에서 나올 만 했다.

그러나 경기 후 믹스트존에서 만난 백승호의 대답은 전혀 뜻밖이었다. 그는 “친한 누나들이 오늘 경기를 보러 오기로 했는데 표를 잘못 예매했다고 한다. 오늘 경기에 못 왔다. 그래서 티켓 하나 제대로 못 사느냐는 의미로 놀린 거였다”라고 말했다. 극히 개인적이고 일상적인 행동이었다.

lol

HojuSaram, chook90 and DHMGKorea repped this.
  11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    translation?

12. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    post-game, Paik said that his goal celebration was meant to make fun of some of his (older) female friends who couldnt make the game because they bought tickets to the wrong game. seems.....made up, lol.

Ceezy, jessypjs and killaorca repped this.
  13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yeah...it was a reference to Maradona to me...

14. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    wow I just learned about the whole Maradona controversy and I can't believe how you guys can think he was mocking Korea at the draw! he was acting goofy mannerisms like he always does and he was very obviously just happy that he drew the Argentina paper from the pot himself.

Also, how could he be celebrating that Argentina "got a good group" when only two teams had been drawn at that point (Korea and then Argentina)?? it doesn't make much sense.

Really, this whole issue is mind-boggling for me.

killaorca repped this.
  15. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    u17 girls title wasnt good enough for you eh :D

killaorca repped this.
  16. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    player too is just goofing around. rest be assured no one is salty

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #242 aeh1991, May 23, 2017
    Wait... Red Bull Salzburg was a stepping stone for many players who went to a big league (or could have went) before they've become a farm club for Leipzig.

Some examples: Kevin Kampl (went to BVB), Alan (had many offers from Bundesliga, opted for China instead), Sadio Mane (had offers from Bundesliga, went to Southhampton), Martin Hinteregger (was linked with many EPL and Bundes clubs but opted to stay at home until he recently joined FCA), Florian Klein (went to Stuttgart), André Ramalho (Leverkusen), Dusan Svento (Koln), Mark Janko (Twente) and some more.

Not only Red Bull, but other players from the Austrian league got offers from big league clubs, as well.

Examples: Robert Beric (St.Etienne) Zlatko Junuzovic, Florian Kainz & Thanos Petsos (Werder Bremen), Guido Burgstaller (Cardiff, now Schalke), Markus Suttner (Ingolstadt), Philipp Hosiner (Stade Rennes), Heinz Lindner (Frankfurt), Julian Baumgartlinger (Mainz), Veli Kavlak (Besiktas), Erwin Hoffer (Napoli), etc.

Of course it's not a big number considering the years passed (I counted only from the big 3 clubs and the most famous player transfers from the last 5-7 years).
    Also, most of them are Austrian international so they might've got scouted during international games as well. And being Austrian makes a move to Germany easy as well, because language barrier and cultural differences are minmal.

But my point is that the Austrian league may be not better than K-League or J-League in terms of football level, but it's a very frequently scouted league and I would have recommended every talented and ambitious KNT player to consider when an offer from Salzburg came in (unless he can get better offers) even before it became a farm club for Leipzig. The same goes for FC Basel from Switzerland.

Edit: Regarding HHC, it's a different story IMO as he went as a youth player. It's case by case anyway. I think that for example Ryu Seungwoo would've probably had a better career if he went to Salzburg first instead of going to Leverkusen directly.

Edit2: Didn't want to provoke you, just have a different opinion on that league/club in particular.

batumchange2 repped this.
  18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Roffer was so relevant with Napoli that i don't even remember he "played" for them. Talk about a wrong buy...

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    True that. But a transfer is a transfer. I was only talking about the possibility to get offers from big leagues. Some players became really good (Kampl, Sane), while others are utterly shite now.

20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yeah i know...i just found it funny cause i don't even remember his name, until your post.

aeh1991 repped this.
  21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #246 takeuchi, May 23, 2017
    You didn't provoke nor have a different opinion. You basically proved my point. All the players you listed were basically sold/moved to "big leagues" recently once Red Bull raised the profile of the club through Ralf Ragnick. Pretty much all the big names in that list were developed through Roger Schmidt as well. I'm not against young Asian moving to RB Salzburg on current profile of the club (even if they are nothing but RB Leipzig farm club) but before it, yea.. definitely not.

Also.. yea, most were Austrians & few of them.. who moved to such as Championship, Turkey, Eredivisie or even relegation bound French clubs doesn't exactly say you have a difference in opinion. Similar to other minor leagues... the big leagues scout the "young" players (basically teens) & snap them up quickly (mostly to their academy/reserves).

edit - except for those few exceptions (such as FC Basel), Korean players are better off raising their profile through local Asian league & NT.

edit #2 - as for the exceptions, i can only think of 3 clubs. Celtic, FC Basel and RB Salzburg on current profile.

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    in the original text, it states that another guess is that PSH was referring to the VAR system (the motion that referees use for VAR). Basically Paik saying that his penalty goal was just in spite of Argentine players' objections.

killaorca repped this.
  23. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As well as the 2020 Olympic Games at Tokyo

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I watched the last 70ish minutes and all I got to say is we defended well lol (other than the conceding part).
    We really need Han Chanhee in the middle.
    Also I really wish we had a good distributor in the middle like Kim Jungmin.

25. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, no.

If anything it's you who's not too far from being banned so keep doing what you do best.

toohyper and jessypjs repped this.