2017 Fall Schedules

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by cpthomas, Feb 25, 2017.

1. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @eefallen, carry on as you were, undeterred by my criteria of what makes sense, since that makes you happy. PS, I dislike your posts so much, that I keep this thread bookmarked, open it every morning, smile at your latest findings, and when helpful to my schedule rubric, which is quite often, I rep them.

2. Bryan Bailey

Bryan Bailey Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    UCLA is refusing to play UNC in the state of North Carolina because of the LGBT bathroom situation. Should UCLA be forced to forfeit the scheduled game? What do people think about this?

3. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Of course the Bruins shouldn't forfeit the game. I'm not sure why UCLA scheduled it in the first place.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #29 Cliveworshipper, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017

well, since the NCAA itself refused to allow tournament games in NC while the law was in effect, and the recent change is only a partial retraction, it could be that UNC ought forfeight games in North Carolina.dd

UCLA is a state funded public university.
    California law, unlike NC law, demands equal protection for everybody, and the NCAA
    , as a non-profit private business association, does not Trump state law.( see what I did there?)

In fact, the NCAA's own bylaws recognize that no bylaws can go against state and, and that all activities of the NCAA should be free of gender bias.
    Note that these bylaws have been in place since 1994!

I welcome your justification for UCLA having to forfeight a game under NCAA bylaws.

Really? repped this.
  5. bigwest

bigwest Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please tell me what bathroom situation? I live in NC and there is NO bathroom issue as we speak.. if you are referring to HB2, that was revoked months ago. move on folks.

6. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006

May 10, 2017
    By Joanne Norell

NOTRE DAME, Ind. -- The University of Notre Dame women's soccer team will look to replicate the regular-season success it enjoyed in 2016 against one of the nation’s toughest schedules when the Fighting Irish kick off the 2017 season this fall.

The Irish announced the 2017 schedule Thursday, highlighted by 10-of-18 opponents who finished last season ranked within the National Soccer Coaches Association of American (NSCAA) Top 25 or were receiving votes, and nine that qualified for last year's NCAA Championship.

The Irish earned a share of the 2016 regular-season Atlantic Coast Conference title, posting a 7-1-2 record in league play. They captured the No. 1 overall seed in the ACC Championships, advancing to the semifinals at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, South Carolina, and finishing the year with a No. 21 national ranking.

The 2017 slate includes nine regular-season match-ups at Alumni Stadium, while the Irish will travel to eight different campuses to take on nine opponents.

Notre Dame will get its first taste of competition with exhibitions matches against Purdue and Northwestern. The Irish will welcome the Boilermakers on August 9 and close out the exhibition slate at Evanston against a Wildcat team coming off a 16-3-4 season and NCAA Round of 16 appearance.

The regular season will commence at home against a pair of in-state opponents as the Irish welcomes Butler on August 18 and Ball State on August 20. Notre Dame will then travel to Iowa to take on a Minnesota team that finished the 2016 season ranked 15th nationally on August 25, as well as the host Hawkeyes on August 27.

The Irish will open September against South Carolina (Sept. 1) and Santa Clara (Sept. 3) at Alumni Stadium. The Gamecocks posted a 21-1-1 record in 2016, reached the NCAA quarterfinals and finished the season with a No. 5 record. The Broncos were also national quarterfinalists and wrapped up the season ranked No. 17.

Notre Dame will then hit the road for three games — at Ohio State (Sept. 8), at Toledo (Sept. 10) and at Clemson (2016 No. 12; Sept. 16) for the Atlantic Coast Conference opener. Matches against Duke (2016 No. 7; Sept. 21), NC State (2016 No. 24; Sept. 24) and Wake Forest (Sept. 29) will wrap up the month of September at home.

2017 Notre Dame Women's Soccer Schedule

All Times ET
    August
    9 -- Purdue (Exhibition), 4 p.m.
    13 -- @ Northwestern (Exhibition), 1 p.m.
    18 -- Butler, 7 p.m.
    20 -- Ball State, 1:30 p.m.
    25 -- vs. Minnesota (@ Iowa), 5 p.m.
    27 -- @ Iowa, 2 p.m.
    September
    1 -- South Carolina, 7 p.m.
    3 -- Santa Clara, Noon
    8 -- @ Ohio State, 7 p.m.
    10 -- @ Toledo, 1 p.m.
    16 -- @ Clemson*, 7 p.m.
    21 -- Duke*, 7 p.m.
    24 -- NC State*, 1 p.m.
    29 -- Wake Forest*, 5 p.m.
    October
    5 -- @ Virginia*, 7 p.m.
    8 -- Syracuse*, 1 p.m.
    14 -- Virginia Tech*, 7 p.m.
    19 -- @ Florida State*, 7 p.m.
    22 -- @ Miami*, Noon
    26 -- @ North Carolina*, 6 p.m.

7. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006
    [​IMG]

May 10, 2017

PITTSBURGH - Sixth-year Duquesne women's soccer head coach Al Alvine has released the full schedule for the 2017 season. Three of Duquesne's 18 opponents saw postseason play in the 2016 NCAA Championship, including national runner-up West Virginia, who advanced to the College Cup Final last season.

Duquesne opens the 2017 season at home, hosting cross-town rival Pittsburgh (2-15-1, 1-9 Atlantic Coast Conference) on Aug. 20 on Rooney Field. The Dukes defeated the Panthers 2-0 at Ambrose Urbanic Field last season, with Pitt leading the all-time series 8-4-0.

The Dukes remain home to face Oakland (9-10-1, 5-4-0 Horizon League) on Aug. 25. The Grizzlies return leading scorer and All-Horizon League Second Team member Sydnye Gagner. Duquesne is 0-1-0 all-time against Oakland.

On Aug. 27, the Dukes head to Morgantown, W.Va. for the first regular season matchup against West Virginia since the 2015 NCAA Tournament. Defending Big 12 champion WVU (23-2-2, 8-0-0 Big 12) fell to No. 7 USC last season in the national championship game. The Mountaineers return their leading scorer Michaela Abam, the 2016 Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year. In 2017 spring competition, the Dukes battled to a 2-2 draw against WVU on Rooney Field.

Duquesne returns to Rooney Field to host defending Missouri Valley Conference champion Illinois State (14-6-3, 5-0-1) on Sept. 1, beginning a three-game homestand for the Dukes. Last season, the Redbirds advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. ISU returns MVC Freshman of the Year Mikayla Unger. The game will mark the first-ever meeting between the two teams.

The Dukes remain home to face Xavier (7-11-1, 1-8-0 Big East) Sept. 8. The Musketeers return leading scorer and All-Big East Second Team selection in junior forward Samantha Dewey. Former A-10 rival Xavier leads the all-time series with Duquesne 10-6-1.

Two days later, Duquesne will play another Big East team in Seton Hall (5-11-1, 1-8-0) on Sept. 10 at home. The Pirates return All-Big East Freshmen Team member Marissa Aniolowski. Duquesne leads the all-time series 1-0-0.

[​IMG]
    On Sept. 15, the Dukes head to Akron (4-11-4, 1-6-4 Mid-American Conference). The Zips return their leading scorer in sophomore forward Chloe Allen and a MAC All-Freshmen selection in sophomore defender Ashley Amato. The Dukes hold a 1-0-1 all-time series lead against the Zips.

Duquesne remains on the road to visit Youngstown State (3-12-2, 1-7-1 Horizon League) in the final non-conference matchup of the season on Sept. 17. The Penguins return All-Horizon Second Team member and leading scorer Marissa Martin and All-Horizon All-Freshmen member Larsen Murvin. The Dukes lead the all-time series 7-1-1.

The Dukes open Atlantic 10 Conference competition at La Salle (4-10-4, 2-4-4 A-10) on Sept. 21. The Explorers graduated leading scorer Deja Davis. Last season the Dukes defeated La Salle 2-1, extending their all-time series advantage to 12-7-3.

On Sept. 24, Duquesne hosts Saint Louis (14-4-2, 7-1-2 A-10). The Billikens return two A-10 First Team honorees in leading scorer Danielle Tolmais and keeper Mary Niehaus. Duquesne trails 2-4-0 in the all-time series with SLU.

Duquesne remains home to face VCU (8-10-1, 4-6-0 A-10) on Sept. 28. The Rams return leading scorer Julia Suarez. Last season the Dukes recorded a 3-1 win against the Rams, tying the all-times series at 2-2-0.

The Dukes then travel to Bronx, N.Y. to play Fordham (10-5-5, 5-1-4 A-10) on Oct. 1. The Rams return leading scorer and A-10 Second Team member Brooke Salmon and A-10 All-Rookie Maggie Roughley. Fordham leads the all-time series 9-6-3.

On Oct. 5, Duquesne hosts George Mason (13-7-1, 6-3-1 A-10). The Patriots graduated A-10 All-Conference members in Alex Myers and Sarah Hardison. Last season Duquesne defeated Mason 1-0, extending their all-time series lead to 3-0-0.

Duquesne heads to Davidson (5-13-1, 1-8-1 A-10) on Oct. 8. The Wildcats return leading scorer Seeley Yoo. Last season the Dukes defeated Davidson 2-0, tying the all-time series 2-2-1.

The Dukes visit defending A-10 champion Dayton (9-9-3, 4-4-2 A-10) on Oct. 12. The Flyers return A-10 All-Rookie Micayla Livingston as well as leading scorer Alexis Kiehl. Duquesne recorded a 2-0 victory against the Flyers last season, with Dayton leading the all-time series 16-2-1.

Duquesne returns home to host Massachusetts (3-11-3, 1-7-2 A-10) on Oct. 15. The Minutewomen return leading scorer Gabriela Kenyon. Last year's meeting resulted in a 0-0 draw, with UMass holding a 12-5-1 all-time series advantage.

On Oct. 19, the Dukes will face St. Bonaventure (4-14-1, 1-9-0 A-10) in the final regular season home game of the season. The Bonnies return A-10 All-Rookie selection Sabrina Sousa-Sampson and leading scorer Danielle Vis. The Dukes picked up a 4-1 win over SBU last season, extending their all-time series lead to 13-7-0.

The Dukes visit George Washington (11-7-3, 4-3-3 A-10) on Oct. 22. Last season the Colonials fell to A-10 Champion Dayton in the A-10 semifinals. GW returns A-10 Second Team keeper Miranda Horn and defender Brooke Bean.

The 2017 Atlantic 10 Championship will feature a new, enhanced format, with first round games (Oct. 27) being played on campus sites before the semifinal and championship games held at VCU in Richmond, Va. (Nov. 3 and Nov. 5).

hykos1045 repped this.
  8. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    I believe that this was the UCLA game as part of the UNC Nike Classic, but I now understand that the Bruins canceled.

9. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. AMBreakers

AMBreakers Member

Boston Breakers, Boston Univ. Women's Soccer, Norwich City, Charleston Battery
    Jun 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

'Mmmm... not quite.

Travel bans with public funds are still in place for the states of California, Minnesota, NY, Connecticut, and Vermont.

13. bigwest

bigwest Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Travel bans may still be in effect, but the law as it stands right now in NC, is the exact same as pre HB2. so, imho, the problem exists with those states who have chosen to ban a state for having the SAME exact laws that exist in their states.. Now please enlighten me how is this 1. good for ANYONE, or 2. nothing more than other states being petty...

14. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About same number of D1 schedules have been released as by this date last year, but now's when it really should start to pick up.

15. sec123

sec123 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006
  18. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Syracuse: cuse.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoccer
    UMBC: umbcretrievers.com/sports/wsoc/2017-18/schedulem
    UNC Willmington: www.uncwsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc&
    UNLV: www.unlvrebels.com/sports/w-soccer/sched/unlv-w-soccer-sched.html
    USC Upstate: upstatespartans.com/sports/w-soccer/2017-18/schedule
    Utah Valley: http://www.wolverinegreen.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc
    Virginia: www.virginiasports.com/sports/w-soccer/sched/va-w-soccer-sched.html
    Wagner: www.wagnerathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc&
    Youngstown State: www.ysusports.com/sports/wsoc/2017-18/schedule

So far:
    107 of 332 D-1 schedules have peen posted. That’s 32.2%
    118 of 259 D-2 schedules have been posted. That’s 45.6%

19. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Nov 1, 2015
    #46 Kazoo, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    That's a helluva schedule for UVA--I don't think they have to worry about RPI this year! But how do you get away with playing 6 of 9 conference games at home?

Does anybody know how schedules are actually made--or I should say the conference schedule? Obviously, universities schedule their own out-of-conference games, but how are conference opponents and venue chosen? Does a conference committee pull teams out of hat, do they sit down and mix and match? How's it work? I would think that an effort would be made to equalize home and away games, and that has long seemed to be the case--but now with these monster conferences, if seems less so. We see some teams that have to play all the best teams in the conference some years, others with a much more favorable schedule, some teams playing 6 of 9 at home and some the opposite.

20. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Notice: Effective July 1, 2017 Valparaiso moves from the Horizon Conference to the Missouri Valley Conference. This was just announced 2 days ago.

It looks like there ill be a lot of schedule jiggling.

For starters, Detroit has retracted it's 2017 schedule that was posted April 6th.

21. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see 6 out of 10 because you left out @NC St. I am not sure if it is an error, because usually they are scheduled to play 5H-5A in ACC. As for draw, there is a rotation involved if you don't play each team once due to the size of the conference.

22. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    I'm pretty sure this is just a typo on UVA's part. From what I can deduce, most likely the unc game will be in chapel hill, as last year it was already in Charlottesville

hykos1045 repped this.