2017 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does she even play much these days?

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    http://chicagoredstars.com/chicago-red-stars-acquire-u-s-wnt-midfielder-morgan-brian/

Very surprised! And I'll tell you why.
    I went to the Season Ticket Holders event yesterday hosted by the Red Stars at Toyota Park.
    We were allowed to watch the last half hour of practice and then we went upstairs to the TP Club for a nice dinner and Meet and Greet with the players. Everyone was there.

The practice was cool. the players had a little half field scrimmage and the fans gave them an ovation when they walked off the field.

Upstairs in the Club, Coach Rory Dames had a question and answer session first and folks were asking him questions from team line-up to whether Rae will be Luke Skywalkers daughter while the fans and players ate dinner.

The Players all sat, ate their dinner at a L shaped table setup and then signed autographs for the ticket holders. Kristie Mewis was one of them.

Dames, Arnim, nor any of the players gave any indication, sign, or language that any kind of trade was being engineered.

Then today, BOOM. Wow. I don't know what to say, how to analyze or question as to why the trade was made. I need more information, like who initiated the trade and when.

I do have a feeling that Rory and Arnim want to win this year and are playing all their chips to do so. But can Brian help them this year? She's been hurt all year.

I'm sure Dani Colaprico loves having her college tandem buddy with her playing again.

If anyone has more info on this trade please let us know. This is intriguing for sure.

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #130 MRAD12, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Just found this on Youtube interview done today.

In the interview Rory says he had the talk with kristie last night. When last night, before the season ticket holder meet and greet?

He also says that they have been pursuing Morgan Brian for a few weeks now. The "rumors" on the blogs I've been reading tonight is that Brian chose Chicago to be one of the places if traded. Did Rory have to first acquire a solid player and then trade her to Houston? I doubt he was going to trade any of the current starters.

CoachJon repped this.
  5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know what the future consideration will be, or what the future conditions are that will have to be met in order for the future consideration to be determined, but as a player-for-player exchange, this looks great for Chicago.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Agree, if she can help them this year.

7. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, maybe, it's a longer term investment. The Thorns just brought in Savannah Jordan, who will play a little this year, but I'm guessing is more in their thinking as a key player long term. The same could be true of Brian for the Red Stars, even if she spends some time with OL -- although there's been some chatter that her potentially going to OL was a way to put pressure on Houston to trade her. If you think in terms of play on the USWNT, it's logical for her to have Chicago as a preferred destination since she can play with other up and coming USWNT players.

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    #134 luvdagame, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    she's been injured for quite a while no?

or at least she's not for some while now, seemed to be at full strength.

that always makes me worry about the durability of a player going forward (thinking heath here as well, especially because it's a back problem).

houston would not likely be trading a world class player to anyone. maybe they know - or at least think - something. (yes, i know she must have gone through a physical. or did chicago just take houston's word for it?)

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Apparently Morgan Brian practiced with the team yesterday:

upload_2017-9-1_6-57-46.png

Can't wait for Sunday to see how, if she plays. I'm also curious to find out how this trade came about.

10. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #136 cpthomas, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    The internet chatter was that Brian wanted to leave Houston and threatened to go to Europe next year to play for Olympique Lyonnaise as a way to leverage a trade. She was willing to go to some other NWSL teams, of which Chicago was one. I see that she got engaged in February to Fabrice Gautrat, who is the Director of Coaching for the Atlanta Rush. I also note that she's from the Georgia coast area. I'm guessing -- and a guess is all it is -- that where she's originally from and her engagement had something to do with her wanting to get out of Houston.

Also, if I remember correctly, Jill Ellis has expressed a willingness for potential WNT players to play in Europe for one year out of the three preceding a World Cup year, with the understanding they will play in the NWSL for the other two years and also during the World Cup year. Maybe someone knows whether my memory is right on that. If I'm right, this would make Moe's threat to play for OL a realistic one.

MRAD12 repped this.
  11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Injury report for the Red Stars for this weekend. This must mean that Brian will be available and ready to play. I just wonder if Rory will throw her right in as a starter or ease her in as a sub. I say there is no time to waste, give her the starting job and play her until she gets tired.

upload_2017-9-1_17-23-58.png

12. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Blissett :D:thumbsup: We love Yuki! I was at the CRS game tonight and saw her score her first goal with CRS that tied the game. She then assisted Julie Ertz on the game winning goal! We love Yuki! The tempo and attack really changed when she came into the game! Nice performance and she was likely WOTM.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #141 MRAD12, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    What a difference in feeling from a few weeks ago. The grit of the Red Stars showed through.

Yuki looked great and the short time Morgan Brian was in and the few touches she had she looked good as well.

3 more games to go. All away. Wish we have one more home game because I would love to see this team again with Yuki and Brian playing full game live.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Time to make Yuki start, instead of being a 2nd half sub. :cool::D

CoachJon repped this.
  15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I agree.

blissett repped this.
  16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I see the Chicago haters coming out of the woodwork on all the blogs, Now they want Naeher suspended.

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Red Stars won this game fair and square. The game they shouldn't have lost was the Seattle game.

18. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that she does not like the nickname, but Julie Ertz is a beast. She grabbed that game by the throat and dictated the action..to her team, to the Courage, and to the Refs - Press ought to hand her the Arm Band.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  19. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    She should be. 3 games.

Chicago haters? Really?

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    More on ES comments section, in my opinion, than here.

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I told Sofia Huerta last night coming out of the stadium that I was emotionally drained from supporting this team this year. I don't know if I can handle the next few weeks. I'm getting too old for this.

After 8 years of being a loyal Season Ticket Holder from the very beginning when I promised Peter Wilt I would be one of the first to buy them, I just want one Championship. That's all.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.