2017-2018 U-23 / Asian Games Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Jun 23, 2017.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #126 ChaDuRi671, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Kim Bong-gil, in general, isn't a good manager.

The man has no idea how to use his players (putting Cho Young-wook on left wing and playing Kim Gun-hee on top instead is a terrible idea) and he called up players that shouldn't even be in the squad.

There is no chemistry between the players either. Passing is all over the place.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  2. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    that is just about kim bongkils only defence at the moment (he put together a brand new team instead of working with the failed u19 core from 3 years ago) but i hope it doesnt excuse him of poor display at the tournament. he cant be man in charge for the asian games. too much on the line for korean soccer program

match @ 8:30 pm. i plan on watching but still unsure what result im hoping for

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Fking KHG. Giving us big yeot even after retirement.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Don't make dramas. You said yourself that some of the best under 23 are out, some might break out in Europe or suddenly find some good talent in the K league...in two years time everything can change.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Not making drama, just letting him know that he's wrong with the particular section. I love reading his website, I'm a fan.

6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I'm a fan too but I don't see us failing to qualify for the Olympics.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah but this tournament will not determine that. We'll have a completely new team and probably new manager for 2020 u23 Asian Championship. This championship is not the qualifier so it's not important.

8. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    If Kim BongGil is not a fool, he should park the bus and hope for a draw with Aus. A draw will be enough for the 1st place unless Vietnam beat Syria which is unlikely.
    That is the worst case scenario since Kim may survive until Asian Games if he makes to the tournament stage. If Korea finish 1st, they are likely to make it to the semi and that is very bad news for us.

Kim BG is the last sh1t Kim Horogon left us with. Kim Horogon is a diabolical genius. He is probably laughing out loud by now.

9. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2-0 at HT. Lee Geun-ho and Han Seung-kyu on the scoreboard.

chook90 repped this.
  10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    3-0 right now.

Australia in the first half was probably one of the most shambolic performance I've ever seen from them. They were dominated in the first half.

The second half they got a whole lot better. They dominated us thoroughly and we went back to playing crap football again. (Fullbacks keeps on getting skinned, midfield getting dominated, no communication, etc.) Kang Hyun-moo made a couple of good saves from keeping the score far apart.

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    3-1 now.

Same mistakes again.

12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #137 ChaDuRi671, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    3-2 now.

That was amateur football that was exhibited right now. How do you lose possession like that and let someone walk in right in goal? I have a hard time believing how some of these players are actually part of the NT. Also, was it Kim Bong-gil's plan to park the bus and try to counter attack only in the second half? Causes it backfired (really bad).

Kim Bong-gil out.

chook90 repped this.
  13. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #138 ChaDuRi671, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    FT: 3-2

First half, I honestly thought that Kim Bong-gil has at least tweaked the team a little. We actually looked good.
    Second half, I was wrong. Same problems from the last two matches.

14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Not all is lost. If Korea lose to Malaysia Kim BongG will be out. Korea would have advanced even if they had lost 0-100 anyway and losing to Malaysia is more likely to drive out KBG than losing to Iraq.

15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    KFA hasn't learned from the past mistakes (Ahn Ik Soo, Choi Jin Chul, Stielike). Fire Kim Bong Gil after this tournament!

16. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I just watched the highlights and I don't think it is all Kim BG's fault. There are obvious reasons that he could not pick the best players like Kim Minjae. But I want him out anyway.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's not all his fault, but selecting the right players and giving tactical instructions are his duty. We obviously have problems especially on the fullback positions as always, but with the right manager, the players can get better. This manager has shown nothing at all that justifies his job.

18. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Wow that Korean keeper was terrible. I think Korea is developing an in between gender like Thailand these days.

19. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Han Seung Gyu and Lee Keun Ho are the best players of the team by far.

nmssis repped this.
  20. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL wait hold up
    They literally changed the rules 2 years ago to "The AFC U23 championship = olympic qualifiers"
    they changed that rule again...?
    Lemme change that right now

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nah there's 2 u23 afc championships every 4 years. The second one is the qualifier, this one isn't. The next championship will have a totally different age group.

22. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    oh I'm an idiot tge summer Olympics is 2020 i keep thinking its 2018 cuz i hear so much about Pyeongchang

killaorca repped this.
  23. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Both Lee Keunho and Han Seungyu will be a few months too old for the next AFC u23(or U22) tournament. But both Han Chanhee and Paik Seungho will be eligible. LSW too. The new rule stipulates that they have to make reasonable effort to fulfill their national team duties even after they get exemptions from Asian Games.
    I think Lee KangIn will be called up for the Olympic team in 2019 or early 2020 if he progresses well but probably is too young for this Asian Games.

24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Srsly, if KFA has a fking brain, they need to replace this manager to increase the chance for SHM to get exemption.

chook90 repped this.
  25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Watching the h/l doesn't justify how bad the team was yesterday in the 2nd half. We could have conceded more than 2 goals in that 2nd half, but we got lucky.

Midfielders gassed out, fullbacks getting skinned, centerbacks struggling to clear the ball, losing possession in amateur fashion, passing all over the place, etc. I could just go on.

The only positives in the 2nd half was Kang Hyun-moo and the counterattack that led to the 3rd goal.

chook90 repped this.