2017-2018 NBA season thread.

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by benni..., Oct 24, 2017.

1. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Face facts, Steph Curry = most influential player since Michael Jordan.

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Embiid can do everything

And ad and towns to dn extent

3. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    He definitely has the opportunity to run the offence, which he didn't under CP3. Look, as much as I like it, it's obviously very limited. Against the GSW, for example, they couldn't because Green has always owned Griffin. There are probably 3-4 teams, you can't do it against.

They might not even make the playoffs. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely more efficient though. At this point, Griffin's average's are what they are, but it's the details that count. Also, might be just partly true, but I think with Teodošić healthy, some of his stats will rise.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'll face facts - what does that mean? He's nowhere near as influential as Lebron for me.

sitruc and thebigman repped this.
  5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If u mean making idiots at pick ups and kids launch 3s without even looking for the best option then I agree

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will put a caviat on your parade, and that is I don't think we've yet seen the final form of either Simmons or Ingram. Simmons is further along right now, and it's likely that he will be for the rest of his career, but like I said, I'm not prepared to give up on Ingram yet.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want all my big men to be able to shoot a number of threes. Stretch fours are practically a necessiity in the modern NBA. Having a stretch four paired with a stretch five is ideal.

8. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - I think it's way early on both - I just think (and thought) the ceiling and floor is higher for Simmons, assuming he can stay healthy which may be a big if. But I'm pretty surprised by the numbers he's putting up this early. We'll see if defenses adjust.

9. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nets v Lakers tonite could be interesting. Russell will have all the numbers then prolly blow a couple late possesions and gift us a cheap win.

Shaq being Shaq: 'Lonzo gotta score to be a Laker' ....(in so many words)
    Duh! Hey big man, we know Lonzo don't pass the eye test as a scorer but damn, he gotta lot of followers.

One thing that really don't add up on the Lonzo as Jason Kidd riff: 'Zo has only been to the line an avg. of 1.5x/game. That's wack. Jimmy Jackson was on radio today and was on Kidd's team when latter was a rook. He said getting to the line not a Kidd prob just yelling at him to shoot anywhere was the issue.

Nance out 4-6 weeks. Ouch. Hello Mr. Randle.

10. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Simmons with another triple double. Guy looks pretty legit.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good God, Porzingod.

926626276819038208 is not a valid tweet id

12. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wins a win.;)

Lonzo 3-15, 7 assists 0 t.o.'s
    D' 8-24, 7 & 4 t.o.

Brook Lopez nite.

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lonzo is pretty complete beyond his scoring and getting stuck on screens. If he turns out to be a better-rebounding Ricky Rubio in his rookie year, I'm okay with that to build on moving forward. Brandon Ingram also had a good game IMO.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lonzo has a very high ceiling but hasn’t had the knots year of training g with nba coaches that Simmons has had and Joel had

15. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle Kuzma = Carson Wentz

Trade with Nets looks like best deal Lakers have made since Pau from Memphis.

Kid is polished beyond his years and has an A+ game in all facets. How in hell did he drop to 27th in first round? 6'9" with Grant Hill-like game.

We can vent about Ball but, all's forgotten when Kuzma lights people up every game.

I would take bets that of all the guys on the floor last nite, he will be the first to make an All-Star team.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In general the NBA undervalues older rookies. In their rush to get younger and younger guys with more tools and athletic potential, guys like Kuzma can fall through the cracks. Guys who have taken a couple years in the college game to polish their craft and get better, guys who are more ready to contribute day one. I'd also say that Josh Hart is a solid draft pick in a similar vein; veteran college player ready to come in and play NBA-calibre defence day one. A potentially franchise-changing draft for the Lakers.

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kuzma is great but will he maintain his level? L

18. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laker level? (easy) League level? Small sample, think so but he's got Kwahi, KD, Dray and more who gonna look him up and then we'll see what we got.

Kuzma -Nance- Ingram : should score and move well enuf on D. Nets went small and Lopez trashed them. I'd like to go small with those three. Randle's shot is still somewhere out in the ocean. His minutes are going to dive when Nance comes back.

May soon start thread about Lonzo's shoes hurting his game? Kuzma's a fit - Zo?

Happy to see Nuggets come out for 2nd half and tank v. Dubs. Denver overrated.

19. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KAT's Halloween kicks:

[​IMG]

EruditeHobo and sitruc repped this.
  20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see a reason why not. His game is fundamentally sound mechanically, he's very confident, and he has good footwork. He'll have ups and downs like any rookie, but I don't see a reason to question him at the moment.

thebigman repped this.
  21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ball will be fine. He's struggling to score but his contributions in other areas allow him to be a net positive on the floor overall.

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah ball will be fine

He can do what a son kids did with his shot

He’s a great facilitator ready

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just thinking, imagine a guy like kat with ball? Getting up the court for those long range fast break passes

MatthausSammer repped this.
  24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @thebigman are you concerned at all with Fultz or do you think it was all the shoulder thing?

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shoulder thing

He can be a Millard like player if he can get some confidence imo

26. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ingram had a couple drives to the rim tonight where he was just straight better than Marc Gasol and wasn't afraid to show it. Just jumped and finished over Gasol despite the contact. 18 points in a half. That's not something that was happening at all last season. Even though he still looks lanky and skinny, he is clearly putting in the work to get stronger and faster. The progression is real, people! And with his toolbox, who knows where the ceiling is?