2017-18 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 21, 2017.

1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    loan and i dont see him being there very long

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    It seems like this is our B team. Couldn't call up some of our K-leaguers and Euro players. Still it'll be interesting to see Kim Hyunwoo and Ahn Junehyuk. Also one of the player that I had an eye on Choi Jun is converted into a fullback. I'm curious how he plays.

3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  4. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    kim jinhyun looked like an interesting player during his high school days. soft touches and good movement. a little bit undersized. right now on yonsei. clip of two goals in fa cup (10th minute and on): http://tv.naver.com/v/2959861

5. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So other than the goal, he only side passes but when he does pass forwards it's never accurate. He's also slow. Wow what a great h/l...lost my faith in him already -_-

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    At first I was like wow another shitty hl. Then I see that speed and I'm like ok he's pretty good. He needs to play on the left, also work on his passing.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Apparently he's the fastest guy in the U-league. I finally found a new Korean player that I can say "he's a speedster".
    Full game:

batumchange2 repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ok I watched the game and I thought we played really well. Very beautiful and many of our players have good skills for sure. We started to become very vulnerable somewhere around the middle in second half but we changed formation and it was right after some substitution changes. I'll let it slide. Our defence is so bad, I've said this since the u20 qualifier last year. Our defence/CBs are our biggest weakness. True for today, they played bad.

MOTM:
    Um Wonsang. I wasn't able to recognize him instantly but I soon remembered he played last year's qualifer. I commented that him and Jeong Wooyeong played equally well, but I didn't think he was the best player at that tournament. He wasn't as good as Lee Jungmin or Cho Youngwook (mind you he was very physically opposing to smaller SE Asian players). I also didn't find he speed to be noticable, in fact I was able to notice JWY's speed a bit more. However, maybe he improved since last year or we're playing with our B team but he was head over shoulder compared to rest of our players. He got that speed, his technique is pretty good, his passing is good. If he improves on his crossing (not that it is bad) or his passing even further, I think he can become a good player.
    Our Goalkeeper Min Sungjoon. I was really suprised. Super save after super save. He's so calm. His highlight is a much watch. He seriously reminded me of European gks.

I'm curious how the other GK will play. He's 17 and just signed a pro "pre-contract" with Suwon Bluewings (whatever that means).

13. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    the problem with our young GK's is that we have so many really freaking good youth GK's coming throuhg, but none of them make it in the pro scene..

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    our GK system is good up to u18. I remember a young GK a while back move to Japan to receive more training. This is something our FA should really be addressing.

15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What do you mean? Many of our young GKs have made it to pro. The newer ones will take some times to develop considering GK is a pretty limited position.
    2017 U20 world cup we had Song BumKun and he's a starter for Jeonbuk.
    2014 u19 AFC Championship we had Lee Taehee (Incheon starter) and Kang Hyunmoo (Pohang starter).
    2013 U20 world cup we had Kim Dongjun (KNT goalkeeper) and Lee Changkeun (Jeju starter).
    There's Gu Sungyun as well.

aeh1991 repped this.
  16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    We actually have a very good young GK pool as killorca said.

17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lost to Mexico 1-4. According to fans Uhm Won Sang and the GK were the only good players.

killaorca repped this.
  19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

:cautious::cautious:

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Aww man Min Sungjoon played really well even though he conceded 4 goals. Too bad our defenders suck.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    We were down a man before we conceded a goal.
    Kim Hyunwoo kicked someone in the face...

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Draws 1 - 1 with Vietnam U19, pretty dreadful performance. Outclassed by the Vietnamese players after the first 10 mins, and we were saved by some poor Vietnamese finishing.

nmssis repped this.
  23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Go Vietnam!!!

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    How did Choi Jun and Park Jimin played?

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Can't remember individual players, but the goalkeeper and the defenders sucked real bad. Just look at how we conceded, wtf is the goalkeeper doing? What surprised me the most is that the Vietnamese outclassed us today. Sure this isn't the strongest team we have, but getting overrun by a SEA team is just...

killaorca repped this.