2017-18 Supercoppa Italiana

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Afghan-Juventus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Didnt see a thread on this and the game is about to start.

Starting XI; Buffon; Barzagli, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Pjanic, Khedira; Mandzukic, Dybala, Cuadrado; Higuain

2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Khedira starting ahead of Marchisio. Such a stupid choice im wondering if Allegri is not the biggest fan of Marchisio at this point. I mean he's gone out of his way to praise Dybala, Khedira, Pjanic, Bonucci, Buffon etc on many occasions but as far as I remember not much with Marchisio. The most Marchisio gets is "he's very important for us". While Pjanic gets "he can become one of the best registas in the world". Even though Marchisio was putting in elite performances in that position for 2 seasons straight.

Maybe I am overreacting since Marchisio is my favorite player. However its mind boggling that Khedira is starting ahead of Marchisio after the pre season he had and the fact that Marchisio is just the better player.

Daei_10 repped this.
  3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My god Cuadrado is so ********ing bad. Just get rid of him already

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Penalty for Lazio, Cuadrado again losing the ball

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Khedira and Cuadrado most useless players on this team

juventino13 repped this.
  6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Milinkovic-Savic what a beast. Beppe needs to sign him.

soji22 repped this.
  7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Awesome first half

Everyone was shit except Pjanic. Tho Khedira and Cuadrado went beyond the call of duty and were even more shit than usual.

juventino13 repped this.
  8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    We are so shit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Is Claudio hurt? Did Benatia play outside back?

10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    De Sciglio :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scirea6 repped this.
  11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Barzagli was RB and Max hates Marchisio

12. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    gasp i know its only the first game of the season... but his player selections are very questionable... this is a continued trend from last year. Doing the same thing over and over is insanity is cliche but true.

Putting Juan, Benatia, and Sami on the field only make me wonder if he is sabotaging the team to get the team to spend.

13. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lotito wants €70 million for him. That's the kind of money you spend on a Toni Kroos.

14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Douglas Costa looked great out there IMO... once he gets some more chemistry with the other attackers its going to be really tough to keep him on the bench

juveeer repped this.
  15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The money you spend on Kroos is 100 mil + today
    70 mil is worth it for SMS. If we dont sign him someone else will and we'll be sorry.

soji22 and juveeer repped this.
  16. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    yes it doesnt make sense... it doesnt make sense he didnt start the 2nd half right away, it doesnt make sense that when Pjanic got hurt, Claudio didnt come in for relief.

Max sure does like his foreign players... it scares me because Gigi leaves next year, who knows if Claudio will tolerate another year of this... would fans really blame him for leaving if Max does this again?

Max threatened to quit twice already as well making things interesting and he sure did talk about himself a lot in the interview using the I can achieve this and I can teach them more.

17. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I didn't see this loss coming. Allegri can really baffle with his selection decisions. I guess we can write this one off as a glorified friendly, nothing to read much into...

18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I dont think it has to do with players being foreign. He personally asked De Sciglio to be brought in and the centerbacks are usually Italian. Not to mention Marotta is a nationalist :D

But I think he just has a hard on for Khedira but hopefully he can realize that Khedira is shit and start Marchisio again soon.

19. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Jesus this goal by Paulo is insane... he gets free kicks for now on.

phat repped this.
  20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Lazio were fantastic. They will be trouble this season

soji22 repped this.
  21. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just got back to my hotel from the game. One thing I was feeling previously but today sealed it is that Pjanic should be sold.

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #22 thinredline10, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    I dont understand the hate towards MDS but there is silence in regards to Benatia, was that not his man that got behind him on the penalty kick...

or what about the 2nd goal, he litteraly ball watched and spun around and continued watching... How is it acceptable that juve regularly fields a player who does this. I was saying that he is a ball watcher all year last year and this preseason and now this game is no different.

And yet MDS is the problem... guy has barely been here and Benatia had a whole year to get rid of his ballwatching habit and he just wont shake it. Its honestly sad as ******** to see him starting... it make me feel shame for the club, and im not the only one.

We would be better off jsut throwing Rugani into the fire. Seeing Benatia starting makes a lot of people really upset... it should be unacceptable that when your defense is your clubs philosophy, you field a guy who cant even exert the effort and just casually plays.

And we are stuck with him because no one noticed the guy ********ing ball watches often. Enjoy this season.... every time he sees the field, there is over a 50 percent chance he is going to do that... and hungry strikers will carve him up

23. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This transfer market is insane. 70 million for a kid who hasn't even won anything yet is disgusting. Greed is fueling this boom.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    It is insane and wrong but sadly the state we are in. Some Brazilian 16 year old was signed by Madrid for 30 million. Matic went for 50. Dybala went for 40. Milinkovic is exactly what we need in midfield and we wont regret it if we spend crazy money on him.

25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Very harsh. Pjanic was arguably our best player last season. One of the last players I would sell on this team other than Alex Sandro and Mandzukic.

PureEvil repped this.