[2016 Rio Olympics: Group Stage] Korea vs Mexico 2016/08/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You're joking, right?

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Doubt they are looking for another FW. They just signed Max Kruse. As for defenders they just signed Lamine Sane.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I have my doubt but if they're scouting 2 defenders, they're the only players I can think of from our team. The rest are even more shit compared to them.

The only player that's worthy is Kwon Chang Hoon.

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #704 takeuchi, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    yea, i don't think they will sign another FW or attacking player. as for defender, I think they are looking for 2 more.. especially a fullback & CB (remember, they lost 2 starting CB this summer).

edit - nvm, they look set on CB position too.

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Jung Seung Hyun was a regular lately.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yup him and Lee Jae Sung are the best CB duo for Ulsan.

Marco91 repped this.
  7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Absolutely.

8. iunlock

iunlock Member

Team Sonny
    Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Thanks for the upload.

The more and more I watch it, it's apparent that the mex was clearly displaying hostility to begin with, which is why the ref's were there because they had sensed it.

Nothing after the "geh seki's' (mex) display of initiation and intent matters...

Powered by: Quad Core Exynos + 6820HK

PacMan repped this.
  9. iunlock

iunlock Member

Team Sonny
    Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Yea Zico...one odd character lol...

Powered by: Quad Core Exynos + 6820HK

10. kennypowers

kennypowers Member

Nov 3, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Better than military

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Asistencia: 4.000 espectadores

4.000 people for this match, like a random Jeju vs Incheon in the K league.

12. secondary

secondary Member

Jun 9, 2014
    It's Nam Hyun-joon. He's fairly well known.

Seol Korea repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think our players (minus KCH and WC) should go to smaller leagues like Belgium, Switzerland or Austria and if possible to mid-small teams like Eredivisie, Ligue1 or Liga NOS. It's a stupid if they think they're already good enough for Bundesliga or EPL. Because they're not.
    Players like Suk HJ or Park JH became good players after developping in smaller leagues. They should take an example on them. Many South American or African players who are for god's sake not bettet than our players get scouted to Switzerland or Belgium. I hope one day they also broaden their horizon and scout our players, too. But I guess it's a matter of money as most of them think 'why should I go there for small money if I can get paid the double in ME or China?'...

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well known for his pop and lock/Robot. Btw, welcome back for the brief moment.

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Money is the biggest issue here...big money and a "safe mediocre" carrier in some garbage league.

16. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wonder how BSKers would've reacted if it was Shim Sang Min who wasted time by holding the ball, not HHC.

wetcrispy repped this.
  17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I do react to your avatar and It's hilarious. Lol.

aeh1991 and chook90 repped this.
  18. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Nah, I really wouldn't say that. Longer clip here: https://streamable.com/9npw

Lozano overreacted and deserved the red. But seriously, HHC was acting like a total dipsh*t. A brief play-by-play:

HHC shepherds the ball out of bounds. He then falls over on top of it untouched. He rolls back up, holding the ball in his lap. #16 Cisneros comes over, linesman goes out to step between HHC and Cisneros.

At that point, the ref is running over. He's pointing at HHC, with a dirty look, saying something.

STY sees the ref, pats HHC to try to get him to stop. STY then turns towards the ref, saying something probably like, "Easy easy easy, he's getting up."

The ref steps towards HHC, putting his hands out for the ball .

At this point, HHC rolls the ball away from the ref, under and through his legs. With the ref standing right there behind him, arms out, clearly telling him "give me the ball".

That's when #8 Lozano starts running in from the left side. You can see him standing on the field, waiting for the restart. It's only when he sees HHC doing some retarded version of a between-the-legs dribble that he starts to come over.

HHC isn't done though - then he picks the ball up, gets to his feet, holding the ball to his stomach. The ref is trying to reach around him to get the ball, but HHC hunches over. The ref's got both hands around HHC's body, struggling for the ball; HHC's head is between the ref's elbow and thigh. Even STY has an arm in there to get the ball out, because no matter what STY is, he isn't that much of an idiot.

Then Lozano comes in and gives HHC the shove. And HHC better thank him for it - the ref was almost certainly going to flash the yellow at HHC for that shtick.

Even if you're okay with that kind of twatty time-wasting (I'm not), there is no way that it would've been worth risking a yellow. A more unstable ref might've flipped two yellows - one for time-wasting, the other for playing keepaway with the friggin' ref. When the ref is pointing at you, yelling something, with a dirty look, and your own manager is there trying to get you to stop acting like a b**ch before you cost the team something important, your reaction shouldn't be, "Let's bait the ref some more."

All to get what - maybe five seconds off the clock? Good work, guy.

(edit)
    So, I checked the matchcast. HHC actually did get a yellow card for that.

So good work, dipsh*t. You earned it.

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

these tactics are something we can do without

chook90 repped this.
  20. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm really happy that Korea won that match (and commend HHC for playing), but that time wasting gimmick was f*cked up imo. Doesn't matter what the other team team did (or how "rough" the opponents played), that was intentional time-wasting. This could tarnish the entire team.

aeh1991 and nmssis repped this.
  21. iunlock

iunlock Member

Team Sonny
    Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    That's one way to look at it. Good. But to think that this type of thing doesn't exist in Futbol is dumb. There's worse. That's the reality.

Yes it was wrong and I don't condone it, but I think you blew it out of proportion. It all happened really fast.

Once HHC's head was down, he didn't have visual with the ref.

Again, it all happened very quickly. It was the intent and actual strike made by the mex (hitting) HHC that I was pointing out.

Yes HHC deserves a Yellow, but regardless of that, the fact remains that the Red card was also rightfully issued to Lozano.