2016 Player moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Blaze20, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thing with Renard is she could be tied up through the end of the Euros in early August and NWSL season probably ends earlier this year with no Olympics or World Cup to schedule around. So, best case is by the time she arrives and gets settled, you have maybe 5-6 games out of a player who should be pretty tired coming off of a full league season and a major tournament.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There was an article in July and Seattle, Portland and mainly Orlando had contacted her agent.
    I don't think Stoney is coming has she has said in an interview a club offered her 2 years and a half contract and it is supposed to be Liverpool.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Stoney has signed for Liverpool. Dunn won't go to PSG as their manager said in an interview today that they can't take american players as they have already enough non EU players.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not surprising re: Dunn to PSG... PSG has sooooo many internationals. Wonder if Dunn might look to WSL for the 2017 Spring Series as a landing ground to feel out potential '17-'18 teams. That said, would still love to see her in Chicago, too.

Still wish Renard might go to Houston, but I wouldn't be surprised if the organization there didn't think of that reach, not to mention they don't have the selling points those other teams do. Out of SEA, POR, and ORL, I hope ORL would get here; the PacNW teams don't need more help.

5. IZIE

IZIE Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Camila (previously of Houston Dash) is on her way to Orlando Pride

6. IZIE

IZIE Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With this move for Camila I could see Orlando making a big trade, may be Belanger for a top draft pick and international spot

7. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Camila was pretty terrible with Houston, hard to understand why Orlando would want her.

8. IZIE

IZIE Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah but may they are just building depth as persons on Twitter are saying

9. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    In this league with all the top US players already spoken for, you can't really afford to burn international slots on depth if you are a team trying to go from the bottom to the top. Draft and international spots are the easiest way to add talent.

10. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Or she can be a different player playing for Orlando. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

11. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Anything is possible. Maybe she has improved significantly in the past year. She was too slow, though, and unlike a player like Andressa, she wasn't technically skilled enough to compensate for that.

12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    809820641201225728 is not a valid tweet id

Seattle Reign FC announced today that the club has traded the rights to forward Summer Green to the Chicago Red Stars in exchange for an international roster spot for the 2017 season, as well as the 37th overall pick in the 2017 NWSL College Draft.

13. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Not sure how I feel about the trade as I never watched Green in college and she was out all of last season. I guess I'll wait to see what Harvey does with the spot which is curious because we already had one available after Little left.

14. IZIE

IZIE Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Brazilian Debinha rumored to be heading to the NWSL. Also lots of wild speculations about Wendie Renhard

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is the NWSL is not one of Renard's destinations.

16. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Harvey has seemingly done pretty well in the past with international selections (possibly better than her draft picks), so 2 int. picks could really alter the 2017 season for the Reign.

17. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anyone know if Freels will be playing next season?

18. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    lil_one and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  19. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blissett repped this.
  20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I understand her personal ambitions but from growing the NWSL standpoint it is disappointing.
    Many teams around the league still depend on the USWNT stars to draw attendance to home games and Alex Morgan is the biggest draw. IMO, it will hurt the NWSL

So now I'm hoping that Red Stars 2017 schedule has the Pride in Chicago like in July or after.

21. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I thought about this too. She would look in in a KC uniform, but i'd assume Sky Blue still has her rights and judging by the Caitlin Ford situation those rights will not come cheap.

22. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I don't think they would still have her rights

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I kinda thought we might see Freels pop up in Orlando which would be much closer to Alabama and her husband than NJ.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Good for Morgan. Hopefully she gets a lot out of the experience and expands her game a bit. Also, gotta wonder if they were just waiting to announce this or if the loss to PSG got this done.

blissett repped this.
  25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think they had a few details to iron actually, as originally negociation included a club for her husband and also image rights problems until recently.

blissett repped this.