2016 Olympics: Group C - Mexico, Germany, S. Korea, Fiji

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by NCCFBALL, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Another thing to note is that: Cheech, Guardis, Moreno, Vela and others are all really close to a well earned MLS retirement. which means, our euro pool is gonna drop drastically. I don't really see any good replacements in the near future. And by replacements, i mean players of their level.

DankYummy and Tello repped this.
  2. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I hope this summer serves as a canary in the coal mine for the FMF and they change the 10\8 rule. I hope these dissapointing results light a fire under the ass of the players. We got the Hex starting this year and the Gold Cup and Confederations Cup next year.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  3. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Televisa is the boogeyman for everything Mexican.

Serg33 and Colima24 repped this.
  4. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    the problem is thinking that the FMF (Televisa) cares, as long as they keep getting money from the moleros in the US and the team qualifies to the WC everything is fine.

Robertinho21 and megadeath repped this.
  5. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    You hit the nail right on. I read here some calling the FMF stupid, but they are anything but stupid. The only thing they care about is their pockets full of cash.

hausen repped this.
  6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Porque no saben de Futbol, obvio.

Phenom, El Cinquillo and Colima24 repped this.
  7. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's true.. there really isn't much to look forward to ATM with these guys in charge. The best we can hope for is that throughout the BS (the 10/8 rule), somehow, praying to the gods, we'll have some Mexican talent spring out of somewhere.. it's not looking so good.
    Pachuca is becoming our savior with upcoming Mexican talent in a way, but we can't just look to them. I don't think there are that many Mexican club owners out there who legitimately care about putting Mexican talent out. It'd be a very good time for Chivas to step it up in this game, but.. can't expect much.

It's sad that this is what it's turning into. :(

megadeath repped this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    We need more Gio's, Jona's, Gudino's, Govea's, etc... Players gotta leave early so they come through the European team's system. If they wait until they are 18+ they are expected to be made and it makes it more difficult. Also this approach has no impact on Liga MX.

SGuerrilla, DankYummy and hausen repped this.
  9. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Dude i dunno what it was about this team, but even from the start it just looked like they were some ass.....granted i didn't expect a championship like most lol, but I felt like even with this group they could have played with more of an idea.

10. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Oh and goes to show the drop off from Ochoa to the rest of these straight bum ass keepers. Talavera is below or just average.

Bro strikes me as the lucho perez of keepers.....Does nothing spectacular....does nothing really wrong...personality of a tin can.....fools just there because hes a yes man.

blue4211, chivamex10, El_Huero and 3 others repped this.
  11. Whutyoumean

Whutyoumean Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    ]I want to hear your opinion, don't you think we as fans are overhyping Hirving a little? I mean I get that he's pretty good but at 21 years of age he should be in Europe by now if he's that special like some of you make him out to be, what's your definition of a prodigy? Mine is a player that develops at a young age in a top youth academy in Europe and is slowly introduced to the first team, whichever team that might be.. Kinda like Gio. I'm not saying Hirving isn't capable of going to Europe, but at 21 he should already be established.

12. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly, they didn't even play too bad. They played pretty well against Germany and also against Korea, despite the final score. Yes, Cubo didn't play too bad but at the end of the day, he and Bueno couldn't score. Hirving wasn't subjected to the boot and chase tactic y'all are excusing him for in the first two games. Not sure how he doesn't deserve some of the blame.

Our undoing, imo, were the injuries, our refuerzos (Nilo, Oribe and Tala were pretty meh) and us coming out flat against Fiji. I really liked Aguirre and Montes though... who were incredulously our youngest players on the field.

Serg33 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  13. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ............................Meanwhile we will play power house New Zealand in Tennessee, put up about 5 goals in them, and everything will be back to normal again. Directivos dont obviously care and it seems like the majority of the fans dont really care too much when the stadiums are still getting packed to see us take on power house teams, Viva Mexico!!!

Sugatot and Majin repped this.
  14. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yup, people will literally allow themselves to be robbed of their money.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oribe/Pizarro getting hurt plus the absence of based Tecatito hurt us.

thedragonrik58 and SGuerrilla repped this.
  16. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Missed the entire tournament. Looking at the scores from the last two games I figured we were doing ok.

Anyway, we can't win them all and I'm sure it's not as bad as all you dudes ready to jump off a cliff sound like.

17. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wonder why you got that sense. :coffee:

763449881088266240 is not a valid tweet id

Baysic and rich loc repped this.
  18. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    WC qualifiers in Europe, South America and everybody else in the world besides CONCACAF at that time left Mexico without any good candidates during that time. You're part of the problem in combining the terrible fan culture that now apparently means Chucky Lozano is shit because of this olympics and should retire and that because Mexico doesn't have France and Germany skip their qualifiers for a friendly, is why we went out on 3 games.

robbits repped this.
  19. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What? Where did I ever say Chuky is shit and should retire? No seas mamón

JJV1994, Sanchito and LGRod repped this.
  20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    What has Pulido done in the last year?

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I said fan culture and I stand by it. Some of the spazzing in this board about Lozano is insane. Just as criticizing Mexico for playing New Zealand, when it all painted that way since they were stuck with no rivals because of WC qualifiers since the start. It's all the same shit.

22. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pulled a James Bond

23. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We should've cancelled the ****** NZ friendly then.

LGRod and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  24. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    With NZL as an opponent, we might as well.

DankYummy repped this.
  25. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    No one said that. He builds windmills and fights them. One of the worst posters in bsmx and he's a mod. Lol

JJV1994 and LGRod repped this.