2016 Olympic Qualifying Team

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Who's bright idea was it to play in all black in 100 degree heat? Does DC United even do that?

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Since Colombia was wearing Their light colored home uniforms They had to wear the blacks.
    I mean, I suppose maybe they could have worn white shirts and black shorts/ socks but that would have looked really weird.

3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    They should have a third kit to wear in bright, extremely hot conditions (like the striped Waldos). Black uniforms at night games are fine, terrible on sunny days. Fantastic way to give your players heatstroke.

Winoman repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Colombia has brought in a reinforcement into U23 Camp.
    Guillermo Celis who started in the WCQer in Bolivia has been added to the squad.

Good defensive midfielder who can help out their back four and control things. I wanted him to play for the Senior team but the coaches apparently thought this was better.

5. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wixson7 and Namdynamo repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your ratings were close to mine. I thought Trap was a bit better and Hyndman a bit higher. Thought both outside backs were alone on an island until the second half subs and it affected their play. Hope the coaching staff learns that Colombia likes to attack wide. Might be time to break out a 4-5-1 but they realistically don't have the time to learn in in time. Pareja did that to Columbus last year on the road with a bunch of backups and it stymied them. Feel it would with Colombia too if there was time to implement it. Add Zimmerman to Miazga and Parker. He's a beast in the air kind of like Birnbaum.

7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3432 xbhaskarx, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    You're thinking of Indonesia...

"Anyone can play left back." -Jurgen Klinsmann Jun 7, 2012

8. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Had the pleasure to catch the baby Nats game in Barranquilla, very nerve wrecking and fun game for sure. We counted a total of 4 more US fans. Wasn't really sure how they would react if we'd celebrated our goal especially that early into the game so we secretly clapped (which was very hard to do!) But evenyually we firgured out they're a friendly bunch as they even bought us beer :)

Let's finish the job on Tuesday! GO USA!!

GatorGangB, sakibomb523, Gorky and 4 others repped this.
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Unless Colombia shows up deflated and disinterested (or we do) it seems reasonable to expect that the next game looks a lot like this last one, which should make us wary. A few half-second differences in the way chances play out and who knows what the score might have been in Colombia.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Glad the Colombian fans were friendly.
    We are known to be cordial and cool for the most part. :D

Winoman repped this.
  11. Donny10

Donny10 Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Any news on Horvath?

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's in the photos from today doing gym training with his teammates and nothing was mentioned on the USSoccer.com with a few comments from Herzog, so hopefully that means he has a chance to play.

Donny10 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Pretty much they way I saw the game except I though Gil was too high (had a couple nice plays but struggle with the rest of MF to control the ball) and Alashe (I thought he was the least effective US player) were too high, Polster too low (he was no worse at keeping the ball than most of the mids and was very good defensively), but other than those I'd say we were pretty darned close in terms of how we saw the performance. Parker was best player on US in my eyes as well. In fairness to Gil and the other mids, they were told to play extremely narrow which made it hard to connect once they found the ball. Good job by Hyndman to connect passes in that regard.

14. brjohnson

brjohnson Member

May 30, 2015
    indiana
    full game. begins at 6:20

GatorGangB, wixson7 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    USAMEX10, Pl@ymaker and Donny10 repped this.
  16. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I don't usually read his opinion pieces, but because you said that I did, and it's really just plain awful... I get that Acosta didn't do great last game but why would we move Miller over in RB and slot Polster in LB? They both play the opposite position, and why is his go to guy Polster? I thought Miller was really good where he was, for me we should be looking put Payne at RB. Why wouldn't we play Gil, the captain and recent goal scorer? If we are playing Arriola I have to think we would be playing a 4-4-2, which again we should do, we're in climates that aren't so hot we should use width against Colombia. Many of them (Colombians) play in extremely hot Colombia where I can assume they don't play with super aggressive athletic width, and on this roster we have guys like Shelton, Kiese, Morris, Green, and Arriola which all fit the bill of what will force mistakes.

bballshawn repped this.
  17. Donny10

Donny10 Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Gotta give him a chance

18. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Finally have some good signal to upload some photos from Friday's game. GO USA!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Apropos of nothing those Colombia kits are the best in business, home and away. If only adidas came in something other than fat, super fat, and beached whale.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Agree -- I love the yellow with the blue trim. Unmistakable.

21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Got an Eredivisie right back? ******** it, start him on the left. Acosta on the right. Poor kid.

22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    he played there b4 but he doesnt do much forward on the left. good defensively tho. bad decision still

23. la torre

la torre Member+

Dec 27, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Colombia are going to go at him mercilessly again. Hope it works out...

24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we know Payne is on the left and Acosta on the right?