2016 New York Cosmos match thread.

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by nanoGVSP, Mar 27, 2016.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Duk should have put that break away chance in the back of the net, that would have been a game changer. It's true Cosmos don't play w a sense of urgency, they start to waste time too early on with only a one goal advantage. I read an interview with Gio, in which he said that we don't always have to go for the win when we're away, we should also know how to tie. Well guess what, now we're looking to tie and loose the games. Last couple of years teams would sit back and counter against us, now they just wait till the 80th to throw everything but the kitchen since at us, and it works. Not happy with the last 3 games....

2. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a good game to build upon. I liked the starting lineup with Lucky on the Right. Mendes didn't start, with the Mos defensive woes, maybe that is Gio's was of shaking up the defense?

PR was very strong, in the 1st half. Gio, must have gave a great speech at halftime, the mos were a different team in the 2nd half. Although there were some defensive miscues.

The Lucky -> Duk partnership is very promising.

Speaking of Lucky ->

nanoGVSP repped this.
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lucky has been on for sure, this game was not as easy as the score makes it look, but Lucky put it away late in the second half. All my fears of a 90 th minute collapse where put to rest. Hope Gio keeps Lucky starting with Duk, I think they got a good partnership.
    Big game next weekend, a must win!

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #80 Bklyn Royals Fan, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    <Oprah>...and you get a goal, and you get a goal, and your get a goal!!! </Oprah>

Seba with his first goal! Lucky just missed one too...

Our depth is holding, but please sign a few trialists to 10 day contracts...

A "pro/rel for usa sign" in the 5 points?! *Groan* :rolleyes:

6. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    First time the neo-Cosmos scores a six pack :thumbsup:

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was amazing to see how different both halves were, it was almost like two different teams.
    I also saw a Brooklyn or bust sign by the five point, Props to them.

brentgoulet repped this.
  9. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, Freeman aside, Cosmos played a dominant game, it was a pleasure to watch. Arango, should have given Arietta the 2nd pk chance... Bover got on the board. Eamon Zayed was shut down.

I like the commentary on NASL match tracker.
    Penalty missed! Bad penalty by Juan Arango (New York Cosmos) left footed shot is too high. Juan Arango should be disappointed.

nanoGVSP and brentgoulet repped this.
  10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    One point at Strikers seems like a lost opportunity, I didn't see the game but the strikers have been going through some tough times, it was a great chance lost. Now we'll need to wait for Edmonton to slip.

11. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the game from the 80' an on, the strikers goalie was huge! He denied a 'goal of the week' save in 82'. At least the other teams lost so we didn't lose ground.

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good game against a very good team, Maurer was the difference maker. I wonder how much Mmiami FC will offer.....lol

brentgoulet repped this.
  13. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Eddie's had a concrete wall in goal. Gio made all the right changes and we couldn't finish. At least we got a draw. If Edmonton would have scored on the counter, I would have been like this -> :mad:

brentgoulet repped this.
  14. Duke Kickass

Duke Kickass Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Pinellas County, FLA
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That GK has had some great games this season

brentgoulet repped this.
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm looking for a tough game today with Ft Lauderdale, our back line seems to still be adjusting to all the comings and goings, out mid looks good though. I hope the weather holds up and we have a decent turnout. I'm gonna enjoy these last games to the fullest... Only God knows what will happen after this season!

brentgoulet repped this.
  16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cosmos looked very strong, they dominated possession but could not make it count. Defense looked solid with Okford and Richter plugged in, Ayoze and Mendes their usual solid performances. In the middle I liked that Flores and Orozco were switching sides constantly, however Orozco is just way too much of a leftie, he has trouble finishing w his right.
    All and all a good game and it brings us one step closer to our goal. We have 4 games left, only one at home, let's hope to get pints in the road to lock up the first seed... Then we get to wonder where we'll play if we reach the final.

brentgoulet repped this.
  17. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm going to Belson tonight, the feeling is not the same as last year, too many things are up in the air with our future as a club. I'll take nothing for granted, this may be the last time we see the team as it is, God knows what will happen with the league. That's why tonight I'm going to celebrate and as I read somewhere on these threads "when the titanic is going down order another bottle of champagne" . I hope to see my team play somewhere for years to come, if not I will have enjoyed supporting till the end.
    COSMOS champions again!

18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Through all the turmoil it still feels great to say that we a CHAMPIONS!!!!
    For one night everything was right in Cosmos country.
    It was a great game, great opponent one that came to play and could have easily won. with all the injuries and changes it's a testament to Gio's coaching abilities and the players determination to win this one. It feels great to have done it at twice in a row.

Bklyn Royals Fan and brentgoulet repped this.