2016 ICC -- Milan in the Champions Cup? LOL.

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by stphnsn, Jul 27, 2016.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    First match against Bayern is tonight at 9 eastern. We've got Bayern, Liverpool, and Chelsea within a week of each other. Who's interested in this? Anyone going to any matches? Tonight's match is in Chicago, but I wasn't about to invest any money in this Milan.

I'm planning on watching tonight though. I have a feeling it will be a typically boring preseason friendly. I put on my Milan tie this morning for what I've decided is the first match of the new season. Here's hoping it's not a waste of two hours. Forza!

2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we're winning!!!! 1-0 Niang

3. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-2 at half. naive "defending" on their two goals. not much going forward as the half progressed. we look like we've been lying on the beach since may.

5. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3-2 we da best!!!

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i went to bed at 60' so i missed their 3rd. did we make them earn it or more sloppiness?

7. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we won via penalties :eek:

Donnarumma >>>>Neuer

Rosay repped this.
  8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i didn't watch any of the liverpool match. the report i read made it sound like they dominated us pretty thoroughly. that's a bummer.

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We did decent against Chelsea until they brought in Kante, Hazard, Oscar, etc while we brought in Montolivo/Vergara/Matri. We kept trying to play the ball out of the back instead of just clearing it which Chelsea almost scored a few times because we made bad passes or lost the ball within our 1/3rd. I can't say the style isn't worse, but we seem to just lack the quality to actually pull that strategy off.

My overall recap of the ICC...

Donnarumma made some great saves, gets better every game. Romagnoli/Paletta is an interesting duo but that 2nd spot is def available to be taken. Fullbacks looked the same. Kucka looks great as usual while Poli/Bertolacci/Montolivo all look medicore at best. Bonaventura is clearly our best player, Suso looks ok but he basically reminds me of Honda who doesn't add much other than just being out there. Niang looks good. He runs with the ball and you always noticed him out there and created a few shots.

Vergara is very raw and always seemed out of position so I don't think he can be relied on at all.

Matri/Adriano didn't do much as center forwards. I'd sell/loan either but since we lose Balo/Menez and maybe selling Bacca, they might stick around.

The Primavera guys brought along didn't impress, yet they barely had any playing time and tough to be thrown into these games so I'll give them a pass.

That being said, we look like an average team. Nothing looks impressive other than a few moments of brilliance, but we know that's not sustainable for the season so alas, we're all in for a long season...again.

Rosay and stphnsn repped this.
  10. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    missed the entire tournament.

11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Every time Vergara was on the field he sucked. I hope he never gets time in Serie A unless he totally transforms

gcstorm9 and Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Single handily cost us 4 goals in 3 games i think. I have no idea what happened to that kid, but he looked absolutely lost. Keep him far far away from this club...

Rosay repped this.