2016 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by mamalia, Nov 23, 2015.

1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Chicago already confirmed they would have new kits this year. In fact, every team is supposed to have 1 new kit.

Yeah, me neither. But I'm hopeful it will be sooner, rather than later this year.

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    CoachJon repped this.
  7. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Pick your seat event" -- sounds cool, can you give more detail about what that means?

8. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    I'm not going because I don't live there, and flex my tickets over the course of the season, but people are going to go to Toyota Park and look at the seats available to them based on what they purchased , try them out and select the seats that they want to be assigned for the season. The seating options there are pretty incredible, and I am more than a little jealous that I can't make the most of it for myself. We went to the last regular season game against the Dash at TP, and I sat at midfield, in the third row up from the field. Mind Blown.

9. amerinorsk59

amerinorsk59 Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Chicago area
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    TP is a nice venue for the CRS. Will get seats near my former WPS era seats. Pretty easy to get to (just off interstate 55). I am so looking forward to this season! mamalia, hope you can make a few games!:D

mamalia repped this.
  10. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    I don't think I've left any tix on the table last 2 seasons, have made it to 5-6 matches/yr... but not sure that many are in the cards for me this year. Very excited for the RS players, fans and organization for this move to TP. I hope they are rewarded with some robust attendance increase.

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    From what my rep says, we will be allowed 3 choices (1st, 2nd, 3rd) of seats around the area that we purchased our season ticket. They will then try to give me the seat of my choice fro 1-3 providing it's available. I'm sure they will try to accommodate families and groups first.

However, I heard and please don't quote on this because I just heard this, don't know if it's actually true or how it actually works, is that Fire season ticket holders have a special deal where they can have the same seat at Toyota Park for any event (concerts, soccer games, etc.) if they want to buy a ticket for that event. So let's say I want section 128, row 5 seat 5 and a Fire season ticket holder who has that seat also wants to buy a Red Stars ticket, I can't get that seat. That's my understanding. If that is true or there is more to it, can someone tell us more, please.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Where did you sit during the WPS days? I had Club seats and loved going up to the Stadium Club after the games where players from both teams and coaches would come up and socialize, eat, drink, etc., for a few hours. It was a lot of fun.
    I don't know if the Stadium Club will be open this time around. I'm sure it was one of the big expenses to operate back then.

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  14. amerinorsk59

amerinorsk59 Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Chicago area
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    soooooo glad CP is in the CRS family :D

15. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a sad note:
    Too many retirements this year.

mamalia repped this.
  16. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I can name some:

Front Row: Gilliland, Huerta, Colaprico (That's easy!)

Second Row: 2nd from left Sarah Gorden, 5th from left Jen Hoy, 1st from right, Courtney Raetzman (I think)

Third Row: 1st from left, Dalton. 4th from left, Mary Luba. 6th from left Cara Walls, 7th is Mautz, 8th is DiBernardo, 9th is Johnson, 12th is Ellenwood, Naughton is 1st from right.

No USWNTers are there yet.

There's a lot of new faces.

18. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Does anyone know what happened in the CRS - Illinois State scrimmage last night?
    I know it was a closed door game but does that mean no information as well?

20. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Seems like it. The only mentions I've seen have been generic "great to be out on the field", "thanks for the experience" comments - also they did release that 3 seconds of Michelle Dalton warming up video. Think that's going to be it.

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    :(

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    On Red Stars Facebook, a little video of a full field indoor scrimmage the Red Stars had yesterday. Seems like they were going at each other pretty hard. Many players trying to make the team.

https://www.facebook.com/chicagoredstars