News: 2016-2017 Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by MutuILFenomeno, Sep 15, 2016.

1. dimaradona10

dimaradona10 Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wtf - I saw we were up 2 nil, 3-0 on aggregate, went to get coffee now we're losing 4-2.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This ref is a ********ING ************ BASTARD... Penalty for nothing? Boy I want to just kick him in the balls and just jump on him like a trampoline. Hopefully we can pay someone to do that. I don't blame Monchengladbach as they have done well to come back, but that ref should be killed for life and burn in hell forever.

NickyViola repped this.
  3. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    BM deserved a clear penalty in the first leg which was not given, so calm down

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know what you are talking about but I am not sure if that was a clear penalty or not. I have seen refs not give those kinds of fouls many times.

5. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That would probably have been given more times than not. This one was soft but refs tend to make amends from previous legs so felt under pressure to give it. This undoing was all down to Fiorentina

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok I lost temper a bit there, however Sousa needs to go. He is clearly a rubbish manager and what he did was not acceptable. Actually the fact that Fiorentina are not doing too well in Serie A is not acceptable.

NickyViola repped this.
  7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What exactly happened that caused the penalty though? All I saw was a clearance and a sudden penalty award.

8. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Honestly no idea but the commentators said the BM forward was sandwiched between two Fiorentina players, calling it soft

9. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Holy shit what a shit show. No Coppa, no Europa and now most likely out of Europa for next season. We desperately need a new coach and a reinvented squad.

10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd say there is still a chance for Europa League next season. One good thing about this though is Sousa will be sacked soon. He has really done a terrible job. This is second time in a row when you failed to pass Round of 32 in EL when you really have the players to go quite a bit further. Sousa just has no tactics. I agree the manager desperately needs to change. I think you guys need to go back to the Montella style, which was more like high pressing and not nearly as possession based. Possession-Based football always gets out-coached these days, seriously it really does. Just look at PSG vs Barca for example.

MutuILFenomeno and NickyViola repped this.
  11. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    in italian

12. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    tooo drunk but hire the coach now right now nothing to loose. via questa merda since a long time.
    the team doesent play for the coach. two legs bull shiiet.

all gettting better with anyone else.

sittting ilicic on the bench for a while and hope he gets it form tonight, yes tonight. W lead 2:0 at home blabla even 3:0 and we looose bl bla somthing going wrong evem for the full season. ahhh 2:0 we lead and we looooooose 2:4 at home cazoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ********kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh merdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MutuILFenomeno and NickyViola repped this.
  13. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    ******** the ciach! via bye bye ybe i hope portu pinto whit his defesive attitude. even before at basel/ bale switzerland they where happpy when he left the club. ******** this night.

NickyViola repped this.
  14. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  15. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Damn i'm still under schock, worst season since years overall. Can't belive our guys gave up the game in that way.

16. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Don't know what Sousa was thinking. But the blame is also in the team, they just couldn't pick themselves up after the penalty. Our mental strength is horrible this season compared to last year.

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey guys, have you ever noticed that this season especially, and many times last season, you guys looked like a very shaky team? Since Sousa took over, the team has always look shaky to me, and a little scared of what was coming. Physical strength was lacking especially. Also it seemed like so much trouble to find the back of the net especially second half of last season and first half of this season. Defense also needs to be revamped as you have thrown away leads way too much. I haven't watched all games, but since Sousa took over, the team has always looked extremely nervous and shaky to me. Anyone of you noticed that?

I remember back when Montella was in charge they were playing with confidence and very solidly. Since the transition between Montella and Sousa, it has been a completely different story.

18. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Our mental strength as a team is no where near what it was while Montella was in charge. It is what it is right now. We all believe Sousa lacks in tactics and that's why we end up looking lost some games or out of ideas.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah. Too bad you can't get Montella back. Unfortunately he is doing well with AC Milan. Anyway who do you think would be a good choice? I have heard about links with Ranieri, Di Francesco, and the Sampdoria coach. Out of those I am convinced Di Francesco would be the best option. I have honestly been quite impressed with his tactics and success at Sassuolo. He was really unlucky this season because he had a huge injury crisis for a looonng time. Honestly I am convinced Sassuolo would have advance in the Europa League if it wasn't for the injury crisis. Imagine if Berardi was there, as well as a few other key players. They would have beaten Rapid Wienna in Italy if it wasn't for the injuries, and probably would have put up a much better fight against Genk in both games, at least in Italy.

20. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I also want Di Frencesco. But I also know that he's going to be hot product when summer hits. I think we'll be lucky to have him join us. Ranieri is another manager I'd like to see at the club but who knows if he's even on Della Valle's radar.