2016/21 Masaya Okugawa | 2014/19 Takumi Minamino @ FC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by naopon, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    RB Salzburg officially won the Austrian Bundesliga yesterday, and thus qualified to the playoff round of next season's Champions League.

One has to wonder if they are planning to bring another Japanese to the team next season, or if Okugawa will stay with them.

I could imagine some Japanese who have problems with their career in Europe last season playing for RB Salzburg to revive their careers at Europe, especially with the appeal of playing in the CL and the opportunity to get scouted by some clubs in European top 4 leagues.

Shibasaki, Muto, and Nakajima could all benefit from such move.

Even the likes of Nagatomo and Haraguchi could be options too.

Yamato Damashii repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salzburg acquires and develops young talent with the aim of dominating domestically and selling fully formed players to bigger leagues later on. How would any of the guys you mentioned help the club?

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What you mentioned is a well-known strategy of Salzburg, but they also were/are picking up some older players such as their former top scorer Soriano, and their current midfielder Junuzovic.

Nakajima can be sold to a bigger club in a bigger league, and this will serve RB Salzburg's purposes.

Shibasaki and Muto could be an investment too, but to a lesser extent.

While Nagatomo is a veteran they might need to help some of the younger players grow, while Haraguchi can be an older player, with almost no potential of being sold to bigger club in bigger league, but both can fall in the same category as Soriano and Junuzovic.

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean...Soriano was signed in 2012, an eternity ago in Red Bull years (Leipzig was a Regionalliga club!) and hung around scoring goals until RB were able to sell him to a CSL club for big money. Junuzovic is a former Austrian NT player who came "home" on a free transfer. Why would they spend multi-million Euros on a player in their late 20s with no connection to the system or country, who also doesn't really speak English or German? If you look at their squad you'll notice that the likes of Okugawa and Hwang are "older" players for Salzburg.

5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know about the squads and their ages.

Both Muto and Harauchi had experiences playing in Germany, so communicating shall not be a problem, this is to show you that how much your rationale are flawed.

Anyhow, what I said is wishful thinking, no need for arguing too much about it, it is not like our conversation here will have an impact on which player Salzburg will sign.

Relax.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All i’m saying is that RBS is a much more realistic destination for a young player coming over from Japan. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind taking on the next Minamino or Okugawa, and given the wide network of coaches and general dissemination of ideas from the Red Bull school it would be good to gain a foothold there.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What you said has no added value, because what you said is already known by both of us, so why did you start this conversation to begin with?

To waste our time? To show that you are the "know-it-all" guy and others as ignorants?

This what I said in my first reply to you. Why did you keep on repeating and elaborating on the same idea, when the others already told you that they are already knew about it?

8. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Relax... lol naopon seems pretty relaxed to me, his just presenting a point to your statement and what he says makes 100% sense in my opinion. What your saying would make absolutely no sense for a club like Salzburg and the way there club operates. Gotta learn to debate brother, that's what makes most of these football threads interesting, by expressing different opinions and not getting butthurt if someone presents a different argument or opposes your thinking lol. Seems like you need to relax, but just my opinion hey ;)

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #659 Samurai Warrior, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Good to hear your opinion.

The point is that he is stating a point that I am well aware of and didn't deny.

If he is stating a different point of view, then its OK.

However, he is here prolonging the discussion with no whatsoever added value, just arguing for the sake of arguing. This is a total nonsense.

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #660 Samurai Warrior, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    @dlsn3y the proper way to express such thing is by saying for example:

1- "I wonder if you have a look at... and noticed...".
    Or:
    2- "Did you have a look at... and noticed...".

This is how you converse with people in a polite and respectful debate.

The way he said it implied that the other person is ignorant and not well-informed.
    The examples of rephrasing I suggested is the way people who know how to debate are using;).

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you need to chill out dude. You stated an idea about player transfers, I suggested some more plausible possibilities given the context under which RBS operates, then you went off and said my post has "no whatsoever added value." I don't think I suggested that you are "ignorant and not well-informed," on the contrary you do a great job keeping the threads active here.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well said:thumbsup:.

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank you.

To be honset, I like to see this forums live, as this and the rising sun news forums were the places I met and discussed with fellow Japanese football fans.

I still remember when I started a Yahoo group to discuss Japanese football in 2000 or 2001, during that times you can hardly find someone in your real-world commuinity or even someone in the virtual world who speaks English and have passion about Japanese football.

I also remember how I was excited when I first met a Japanese football fan from Japan through ICQ, who was a Kashima Antlers' fan, and we were discussing and talking about JNT, J.League, and Japanese players.
    Ironically, during that time, people were using ICQ for dating, while I was using it as a window to communicate with people who shared the same passion with me.

This is why I am interested in keeping this form of platforms alive, as they were the main virtual gathering places for Japanese football fans from different parts of the world.

What I don't like is some younger people, especially people who were born in the 1990s and afterwards not paying any respect to older guys like me and Ken Matsushima (who I disagree with many of his opinions and analysis by the way) and many other oldies for example.
    We might disagree in many points, its OK, but there are no need for younger dudes and newbies to behave in an impolite and derogatory way. @naopon and I don't mean that you are one of those younger dudes and newbiews.

I really like your contributions in general, and it is always refreshing to see your Golden Gate avatar in this forums;).

naopon repped this.
  14. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Btw. would it be possible to move Okugawa first in the thread title now that Minamino is no longer at Salzburg?

naopon repped this.
  15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @Dax do your job mate.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Makes sense, done.

datschge repped this.
  17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okugawa scored the second goal for Salzburg as they are 1-2 up against Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Yamato Damashii, datschge and seolseol repped this.
  18. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @Dax kindly, remove Minamino's name from thread's title.

teioh repped this.
  19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd rather keep it, for history reasons, in case someone ever wants to re-read what happened. Even if I do understand it would be complicated if more players join the team.
    Generally speaking, leaving STVV aside, what I "hope" happens is that the last player of the team moves on, and so I can close the thread.
    If a new player joins Salzburg after no one is there, a new thread is created.
    An example could be HSV's case (though nobody has ever joined after Ito and Gotoku so far)

datschge repped this.
  20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, and Lokomotiv Moscow in the UCL.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tough group. I expected them to invest in some good new players before CL but I guess not.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Losing big against Bayern , he started on the bench but came on in the 65th minute and scored after just one minute.

24. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This Bayern team really play their matches like a FIFA video game. Always score absurd amount of goals.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes its ridiculous.