2016-17 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dude stop being so negative about everything. These matches got enough attention, and I'd argue that some get more excited to watch these kids than the senior team at this point.

Seoul Man repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fine and dandy to nerd out on youth friendlies, but it's hard to say it attracts more than a niche audience. That and @zdrstvte is just being a dreary Brit ;)

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #853 takeuchi, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    That was fun to watch. Anyways, I hope he doesn't burn out early... am weary since he started his 1st team football & senior NT career too early imo.

As for Korean La Masia-ites, they were out for 3 season. I think it is only fair to give them 3 yrs to catch up & how they turn out.

naopon repped this.
  4. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    #854 melonbarmonster, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    You're complaining about subjective terms. When you say someone is "special" or a "better" you have to have a reasonable point of reference. There's plenty to be critical about but the two Seung's mark on the game and influence in passing is obvious and noticeabley Spanish in style. They're also assisting and scoring goals. If you don't see that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  5. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this tournament is one of my favorite KNT memories

chook90 repped this.
  6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Don't jumble up what I'm saying. The first comment was @killaorca who was saying that he wasn't too impressed by the players, and my point was if he was expecting much more than what he saw, they would not be playing U-20 football right now. Honestly, it's not very hard to understand, is it?

And your second point, no. Shin Tae-Yong puts the team together, and the U-23 team under Shin Tae-Yong played like this as well, especially in the warm-up games. One player does not make other players pass better :rolleyes:.

Yes, they are scoring goals, so? How's that at all relevant to the comment I made?

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, that wasn't even a negative comment. You can pick any other comment you may have a point. That was me musing at the fact that you were labelling a random youth friendly a 'high-profile' match.

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Agree with you but I just want to add that PSH and LSW with their roots obviously profit from STYs style and STY profits from them as well because they can convert his visions on the pitch. For example Park Yong Woo or Shim Sang Min couldn't do that style during the Olympics, no matter how much he tried to teach them.
    I think that this generation has a strong general technique if not they wouldn't be able to adapt that style so fastly.

9. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah my comment was more a response to your overall postings nowadays. :D

As for the second point, in a perfect world (objectively) this would be a random match we barely give attention to. However given the shambles that currently passes for our senior NT I feel myself looking forward to these youth games much more. That was all I was saying.

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Your argument is comparing DM (who was actually decent compared to say.. LCD, now his technical lvl = 0) & LB to two offensive players? :ninja::rolleyes:
    And exactly how did they adapt so quickly to STY? His teams have only looked good at home.... hardly so away from home.

edit - personal opinion but Shin TY has attacking ideology/philosophy but he meshes too many "modern" tactics without any clear "vision". his offense is too disjointed... it can be frustrating to watch tbh. perhaps he requires substantial time to develop a team but considering we can only judge his team based on tournaments so far, im not impressed by him at all (nor do I think he is a good judge of talent... granted, superior compared to Ahn IS).

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's been a mistake. I had written something in between but erased it. Those players can't be compared of course. But anyway, I still think that this team is better fit with STY's philosophy. But it's too early to check that anyway. We need to wait and see if my words are true or not.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #862 aeh1991, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    He's superior to AIS in every aspects. Why do you come up with this conclusion anyway? Which players you didn't like from the U20?

EDIT: Oh and I had forgotten about LCD. You're right about his technique.

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis repped this.
  14. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    You're being retarded and jumbling up who said what. You responded to my post. I don't care what you were saying to killaorca. Go read what I wrote and you said in response.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    And you mentioned my response to another member as well. Keep to your point, and you wouldn't look so idiotic in the future. Only talk about your point then. It's not very hard.

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Why do you guys have to bring me into this -_- LOL.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Adding some spice to this forum. Enjoy. :D

killaorca repped this.
  19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Wtf. Lol.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Meanwhile Zambia is leading 4-1 against Honduras. Doesn't mean anything for us but jfyi.

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kang Ji-hun at RWB

[​IMG]

22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Hmm no Kevin Harr unfortunately. But interesting formation.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    0-1 Ecuador after a shot got reflected by NWS (22)

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ahn Jun-soo is out of his mind.

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club: