2016 - 17 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of all the coaches we've looked at so far: Sousa, Blanc, Favre and potentially Nagelsmann, none other than Favre has a style similar to TT even he isn't as innovative.

I think the board is being consulted right now. It would be a welcome decision from them to explore a new ceo rather than a coach. I don't see a single coach out there who can make us play the kind of football TT did last season apart from Guardiola and Sarri.

Blanc and Nagelsmann are will certainly consolidate the squad and if it comes down to the two I'd prefer Blanc.

Fingers crossed that we keep TT.

2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    It is telling that not a single player has come out in support of Tuchel...I think that says it all right there.

Favre would b really sick.

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre didn't leave BMG on good ground......

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not at all enthralled with the names being thrown out at the moment.
    What player would want to involve themself in what appears to be a power struggle between management and the coach in the midst of the season? The players still play hard for Tuchel is the reality.

bvbSlash and Liquid1010 repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zorc confirmed today that Götze is doing really well. Lost 5kg. Is in the midst of running exercises and body building. He is exactly on course. His special facilities are in Dortmund and Munich.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reus, Sahin and Schmelzer have all been asked about the situation in the last 24 hours and all have diplomatically said they either cannot comment or are focused on their professional goals.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All I know is as a player I wouldn't want to damage my relationship with either Watzke or Tuchel by speaking out one way or the other even if I did have an opinion. That just isn't smart.

kbvb, chewz and Dave46 repped this.
  8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The growth in the sponsorship deals for the EPL clubs is 99% driven by the growth in global tv audience, rather than their own efforts.

Clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have actually been able to do very little to increase the value of these sponsorships outside of that factor which they do not even control.

Bayern (and Man Utd) profit from being the premium football brand in their respective countries. It appears very difficult to monetise commercials for an "also ran" offering.

In my opinion BvB is doing very well - but there just is not that much potential for commercial monetisation beyond simple audience growth,

10. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone else unimpressed with the new BVB kits? Can we please get rid of Puma......

11. lamcam

lamcam Member

May 19, 2004
    California
    I like it! Hope they will never come back to NIKE!

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WHAT???

Best kits ever...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The new kits look uninspired and hallucinogenic ....

14. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    They don't look bad imo, and I've never seen this design before on a football shirt:

upload_2017-5-17_23-48-4.jpeg

I would've preferred a vertical design or maybe diagonal one (depending how it would look), but that's just my taste.

7/10

bumbleBeeVB and lamcam repped this.
  15. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Speaking of kits: is Puma going to make a special kit for the pokal final? Since Nike unveiled a new one for Frankfurt specifically for the final.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    865109702790701056 is not a valid tweet id

z0mb1e repped this.
  17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I care more about how much we get from the kit supplier.

Also PEA posed. Does this mean he's staying?

18. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    865205142378995713 is not a valid tweet id

19. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Sir Niney repped this.
  20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In the same discussion he also talked about his beginnings of his role at Dortmund:
    "We were basically bankrupt. The newly elected president Rauball called me: 'The lights are going out here. Come to us and try to turn it around. It will probably not work, but you can at least help to make it end in an orderly way.'.
    We had a revenue of 75 million and a debt of 122 million of which 91 million were due right away. A few years later I asked him why he called me. He said I was the only one left who was willing to take his calls."

About the coaching situation:
    There will be a talk with Tuchel after the season. If it were true that there was already an agreement with another coach, having that talk would make no sense.

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is an absolute BS point. Investors, sponsors and owners invest to make money, directly or indirectly. Either he's stupid af, delusional or has ulterior motives.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sure, they all want to make money. But one of them sees advantages for his own brand and sales and one of them would like to have more/full control of the club which can include decisions to where the money of the club goes, like in his own pocket, for example.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Every smart investor knows that there's no way to make money in football if you're looking at a direct income stream. No only is there data, there's also a long list of failed predecessors. I mean there are investors getting out of it right now as we speak.

24. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Aubameyang is the first player since 1977 to score more than 30 goals in a single Bundesliga season (Dieter Müller scored 34 goals in 1976-77).

Aubameyang and Lewandowski both scored at least 30 goals. This has only been the second time in Bundesliga history that two players managed that in the same season. The first and last time before this season was 1973-74 when Gerd Müller and Jupp Heynckes both scored 30 goals.

25. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    866072667249627136 is not a valid tweet id