(2016.10.06) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Japan vs Iraq

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Oct 6, 2016.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. almeyda82

almeyda82 Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Were the two goals offside?
    I have a bunch of salty arabs saying so.
    I saw some replays of the goals but sadly they were not helpful enough.

3. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    the first was clearly offside

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first goal was offside. The second was totally legit.

5. almeyda82

almeyda82 Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I see.
    For the second goal, there was a Japanese player standing near the net when Yamaguchi kicked the ball. Was he onside?!

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sad to see. They won 3-2. Both are struggling.

I may exagerate but right now it feels like a bonus if they reach the WC. They can fck it all up.

7. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    With a draw against Iraw he should start packing.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    He was in an offside position, but did not make a play on the ball and was too far from any Iraqi player to be considered involved in the play.

teioh, +PL+, Whispered11 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #59 Interiores, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Arabs? they're not looking to their own shoulder, aren't they?
    What did they expect? referee bailing them out anytime anyday?

Maybe the first was an offside, but it could be a difficult call when the linesman are not in the same line, if they don't buy this, they should be acknowledged Asano's shot the other day. Not sure about the second, even if it was an offside, it was a passive off, as none of the player in an active position.

But if it was an Iraqi who are being salty, i can understand, as they also being robbed at the previous matches so, psychologically, it should be very hard for them, being a series victim of bad refereeing.

almeyda82 repped this.
  10. almeyda82

almeyda82 Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The qualification phase is still ongoing and we have 7 more rounds. Everything can happen.

seolseol repped this.
  11. almeyda82

almeyda82 Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I wish the referees in Pro Evolution Soccer game would apply the same thing for such situations.
    I scored goals similar to the situation above but always got offside calls :(

teioh, nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeh they usually don't give offside in those situations unless the player is directly in front of the keeper.
    For the first goal though you can tell from the lines on the pitch that Kiyotake is offside when he receives the ball from Honda. Honda tried to overdo it and took forever to make the pass. The linesman probably thought these two guys couldn't possibly play each other offside when they are right next to each other and so didn't even realize it I guess.

In the end though Iraq despite needing the points was doing some terrible time-wasting, so it was funny to see them complain when the ref blew the whistle on Sakai's botched clearance.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The offside goal is just karma for Asano. Sorry that iraq had to pay for uae

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That was nearly unwatchable and I sure hope Vahid is not gonna think he can build on that victory because he needs to retired half the team.
    That said, happy for Yamaguchi who's been good the last few times he played. The substitution made sense, you don't necessarily score by stacking up strikers.

Drew1404 repped this.
  15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Yeah, he certainly counted for a goal or assist from him. He does it all the time in J2.

It was a fluke. Nothing more, nothing less. You can prise his 6th sense for that but not anything else.

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Tbh I have seen Japan in better state than this. Congrats for the win, but the first goal was offside and the second wasn't a foul. Hopefully Japan and Australia make it to the WC

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Who said he was looking for a goal ? Kashiwagi was roasted, Yamaguchi came in to win back the ball and he happened to score on top of that.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Second goal was karma for all the play acting during additional time, I don't feel to bad about this one. The first one is outrageous indeed.

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Unfortunately now Genki Haraguchi is the best player on the team. And even he had some mind-boggling mistakes.
    Kiyotake seemed OK too and much more of a presence in the proper position. The other guys are way out of form though.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  21. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    True. But look at the current situation and it makes sense. None of the following players are regular starters atm :

Honda
    Kagawa
    Okazaki
    Kiyotake
    Yoshida
    Usami
    Nagatomo

And you can also add Inui to that list. Comparing to last season this is very dire, as these players should be the backbone and carriers of the team.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's rather odd to see a full stable of competent strikers in the Japan pool while the cupboard is close to bare of midfielders. I mean, I'd be fine with Vahid running out any combination of Okazaki, Asano, Muto, Osako, and Kobayashi and have a general sense that they wouldn't crap all over themselves. Meanwhile, in the middle of the park you have an excellent Kiyotake, the out-of-shape Honda, out-of-form Kagawa, aging Hasebe, still-green Oshima...

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yuki Kobayashi is doing well in Eredivisie and should have been called up.

24. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Come on, after 4 matches?

Its not like Heerenveen is a major step up from J.League, and I dare say the top 5 teams in Japan are all better teams than them. They are doing well this season, but it's only been 8 matches... They finished 12th last year, which is probably closer to where they will finish this season too...

He wasn't exactly setting the world alight when he was in J.League either was he? Although he earned his first cap earlier this season.

Whispered11 repped this.
  25. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    From his highlights against PSV (Which is the only game I admit that I've watched of him in Eredivisie) he looked pretty good, especially his defensive work rate was noticeable. I'd take him over a player sitting on the bench week in week out, Honda was in the league below when he first stepped up for the JNT.

Samurai Warrior repped this.