(2016.06.03) Kirin Challenge Cup : Japan vs Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Japan' started by naopon, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Do you think is replecable?

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As I said, potentially Japan is up for those upsets. Doing it in real tournaments it's also obviously harder, even thought in a tournament you wouldn't play in the other team's stadium. The defense is obviously the weaker part and the attack doesn't always gel as it should (it did today for example, while it didn't that much against Iran).
    In that specific timeframe, Japan was coming from two bad losses away with Serbia and Belarus, so the players probably felt extra motivated because they needed to prove something big.

Whispered11 and Drew1404 repped this.
  3. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asian teams in general aren't good against South Americans.

4. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    So say the defence was stronger, and the attack managed to gel consistently, would they able to challenge the top teams? How good would Japan be?

5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Genuine misunderstanding again.

OK, let me ask you 2 question:

How good results are achieved? and how can you distinguish good results which the main factor of it is the work of a manager/coach?

Hopefully there will be no new low of understanding level in your answer.

6. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's moved on from that topic now.

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Wow, that's a rather remarkable result against a semi-decent team. It's not easy to score that many goals irrespective of your opponent. But just looking at Bulgaria's records recently against Italy, etc. It makes it even more impressive.

Don't just randomly include Iran in that list. You brought shame to the entire continent with that performance. :whistling: Our worst ever loss was 6-1 some 70 years ago. And the most humiliating defeat in the past 2 decades was a 3-0 loss to Brazil... in 2010. >.>

8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Wait, alt...i am not korean :d

9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Not again guys, not again!

About Eiji: from the highlights I think he's unguilty of both the bulgarian goals. The first was a lucky bounce, the second a defence mess up.

Next time Honda will play for sure?

Drew1404 repped this.
  10. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I used to love the Honda + Kagawa combination, but I don't think it's as good as it was for some reason. Kagawa + Kiyotake just has so much potential, they play on a different level. I think Honda will always be picked over Kiyotake, though, I just don't think there is a way of accomodating all three of them.

Any reaction yet from the managers? I'm curious to see what the Bulgarian coach said. Probably something along the lines of 'we were jetlagged and didn't have much time to prepare''

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I think the future of Honda in Milan/whichever club will decide his future in the JNT.
    We can't really play him if he's not playing at his club.

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not to burst any bubbles but this might be a fluke though. Japan has been in complete regression in the past couple of years. And this game was completely off the charts, more like an anomaly. So I'd be keen to see if they can mimic this performance in their next few matches or not.

Amir14 repped this.
  13. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    lmao. You are one of the last people who can put down Japan when they have more successful players in the best leagues in the world than aggregate of all other Asian teams.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Funny comment
    If Japan is in regression then Iran is a complete failure when you compare the players of both
    nations. I would rather say that Irans qualification for the World Cup is an anomaly as
    Iran use to fail to qualify for the World Cup every second time. So I would not be surprised
    if Iran fails to qualify for the World Cup again.

B_G_92 repped this.
  15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean he is right, to the point of being Captain Obvious. Those who observe the Japanese NT are used to home blowouts. It's not as if fans are dancing around hammered in the streets of Shibuya.

16. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    please don't feed the troll. iranian people are very talented when it comes to hijacking threads.

17. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is he trolling? I think saying that Japan has regressed is a pretty valid point.

18. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Yeah, Japan has regressed because this season
    - Okazaki became a starter for Premier League champions
    - Kagawa found his form again
    - Kiyotake had a breakthrough season and is about to join Europa League champions Sevilla
    - Muto made an immediate impact in Bundesliga and Manchester United made an offer to him last winter
    - Haraguchi became one of the key players for Hertha BSC who qualified for Europa League
    - 21-year-old Minamino scored 13 goals for Austrian champions

I can go on and on. What have other Asian players done recently in Europe? ;)

Drew1404 and gamban98 repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Okazaki wins the premier league by a miracle, the austrian league is not that competitive at all. Nothing to say about the other players.

20. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    What about other players from AFC? :p

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You think they won't score 7 all the time ?

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  22. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #97 Interiores, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Yes, but they clearly deserved that, mate. Yes, big team underachieving, but called that achievement as if it solely win by miracle is daft. Leicester won it, because they're the most tactically astute team this year in the BPL. And not to mention, Okazaki has done his part brilliantly. No, not scoring goals, but created the space and created overload in wide area while defending. That's his part, and he's done that efficiently. Sure, he should've scored more, there's always room for improvement, but for the team, he's done excellent job there. Mahrez and Vardy would've been not that good, if Okazaki's not doing some unflashy job for them.

Speaking of the devil, how's your Korean mate played this year? Good? Korea is surely the best team in asia right now, they're improving under Stielike, That certain match against Spain surely just a bad fluke, as The Korean actually taking control before Silva's goal and that awful mistake by buffoon called Kim Jin-hyeon who ruined the whole evening for them.

Yes, in terms of hype i couldn't agree more.

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is turning to a Japan v Korea v Iran royal rumble but why there aren't some chinese supporters when needed?!

24. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Why would i claim wich asian NT is better than who? I never did, and i dont care about doing, cause i am not even korean. I'M ITALIAN, when you all will understand this?

As for Okazaki, title won or not... you cant mention Liecestrer as a top club in epl, before the start the season he was just a player in a low table team, bound to be relegated. He had a great season, but it's unique sure not the norm.

25. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Japan's squad is head and shoulders above the rest of Asia. Someone posted an interesting list.