2015 WNY Flash

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by CoachJon, Mar 8, 2015.

1. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    From the article sounds like the title GM is a bit of a misnomer. Sounds more like he's President of Business Operations...

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess he's going to take over that side from Kiwi. It's a good move IMO.

4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree. the Rochester Lancers indoor soccer team, where Randall was the last 4 seasons, lead their league in attendance for the last 2 years, maybe 3, even without a championship team. Hopefully Rich Randall will do the same for the Flash. From the article, it sounds like Alex Sahlen, unlike her husband, recognizes that the Rochester Market needs attention and cultivating.

: http://www.rochesterlancers.com/news.php?id=148

February 27, 2013 Rochester, NY) – The Rochester Lancers announced this week that they lead the MISL in overall attendance. Averaging over 6,000 fans per game, the Lancers twice broke single game attendance records this season reaching over 8,000 and 10,000 fans. In the second year of the franchise, the Lancers experienced a 13% increase in single game attendance average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Lancers_%28indoor%29

4 seasons average attendance:
    2011-12: 5 ,675
    2012–13: 5,975
    2013-14:7,347
    2014–15: 6,539

holden and BlueCrimson repped this.
  5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelly and Michael show was on the TV in the dentist's office yesterday morning. WNY Flash had a commercial run - it was first class in quality and plugged JJ and Christen Press coming into town. Props to the Flash.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  6. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season Ticket Holders have been invited to a 'no kids' (21+ only ) get together after tonights game at Marshall Street Bar & Grill, which is the normal post-game gathering place. Should have a different vibe than most other team meet-and-greets.

WNYChelseaFan and BlueCrimson repped this.
  8. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am embarrassed to say that in my home town, winning the World Cup doesn't get you enough cred.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  9. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two instagrams from Kristen Edmonds
    - First from the parking lot at Sahlen Sports Park Saturday morning . How cool is it she had a skateboard in her locker! https://instagram.com/p/7QwbKyomoj/
    -Second from Yesterday... I just hope one of her options is coming back! https://instagram.com/p/7TKsvZomtd/

kris10edmondsAs I unpack my things from WNY I started reflecting on this season. Im not sure where Ill be next season, so I wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of our fans!! The support we received from you on our rollercoaster ride kept us going!! You guys are awesome and it was a pleasure playing for YOU for these past 2 seasons #wnyflash #thankyou

[​IMG]

10. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to someone who covers the team on a regular basis the day after the first US/Costa Rica game (which is when I found out that her contract was up at the end of this season), and the vibe they got was that Edmonds will not be back for next season. Of course, things can change, but it would probably take a bump in salary that the organization wouldn't want to give her for her to return.

CoachJon repped this.
  11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    CoachJon repped this.