2015 USL Schedule Released

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Bubba1971, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was curious to see who the rivalry teams would be - the ones a team played 4 times instead of 2. Seattle has Portland, Vancouver and Sacramento. I found it interesting that Vancouver only has Portland and Seattle.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Looks like Vancouver has a game out of conference at Toronto so that used up one of their extras. They also play Orange County three times.

I was looking at the Charleston schedule since they are the Dynamo affiliate this year. They have 4 games against Charlotte and Wilmington and 3 against Harrisburg and Richmond.

I also looked at Tulsa. They play OK City 4 times and Austin 3 times in the West. In the East they play Louisville twice but St Louis only once.

Sounders78 repped this.
  3. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I remember reading that TFC was supposed to pay for and add a small capacity, about 2K I think, on the grounds of the Ontario Soccer Complex in the York Region. Which is either in Vaughan or Markham I can't remember. This was the second plan after the first one to affiliate with the Torono Lynx, fund the USLPro club, and lease THF in Hamilton. In which Hamilton turned down the request do to the Bob Young Ti Cat owned club had first dibs on a pro soccer team with an expiration date.

4. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    In the Article it states:
    There will be no affiliation. Instead. New York will have full control of operations and use the platform to offer Red Bull Academy standouts a career path through the organization.
    What exactly do they mean when they say, There will be no affiliation?
    Does it mean that they will have no affiliation to the Academy. With the top brass deciding who the top Academy standouts are who will join the USlPro side when they turn pro. As well as some draft picks, free agents and other players that could be loaned down.

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think they mean affiliate like when MLS teams loan players to a USL Pro team. They are just emphasizing that this is a NY Red Bulls owned team, not like the affiliation deals.

Blando13 repped this.
  6. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really excited to see how the home opener goes for Louisville, especially since it's against St Louis. Hopefully they can get a friendly set up with Indy sometime in the summer, I would almost make a trip home for that game