2015 U-17 World Cup

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Radu Razvan, Oct 12, 2015.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Ecuador 4 Russia 1 Final !
    Ecuador entre los 8 mejores del mundo (sub 17).....
    Ecuador vs Mexico on Monday....

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    quarter final schedule & how they got there
    Nov 1 Croatia vs Mali (Croatia 2 Germany 0) (Mali 3 N Korea 0)
    Nov 1 Ecuador vs Mexico (Ecuador 4 Russia 1) (Mexico 4 Chile 1)

Nov 2 Belgium vs Costa Rica (Belgium 2 S Korea 0) (Costa Rica 5 France 3 in Penalties after 0-0 tie)
    Nov 2 Brazil vs Nigeria (Brazil 1 New Zeland 0) (Nigeria 6 Australia 0)

semi-finals
    winner of match 45 vs winner of match 47
    winners of match 46 vs winner of match 48

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen. Grande, Ecuador!!!

4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How accessible is Mexico,haven't seen a full match ,just highlights.some of the mini Tri goals have been world Class.2 goal by Pereira crack finish.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mexico U17 is always good but they are very very good right now. IMO Mexico will be favorites big time. I think Ecuador can beat them though and I hope so too. It will be extremely sucky if Mexico wins here in California lol.

6. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Wow! These guys are impressive. Clinical finishing and calm and collective team play. Cevallos will be an animal under those three posts in a handful of years for the absolute.

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Huge game tomorrow, I think that with the age of these kids is so easy to go from a great game to a bad game, these are developing players so anything can happen tomorrow, Mexico is a great team, they seem to be on a roll but they rely on speed a lot which we are completely fine with, Mexico will probably go for the kill which might leave us plenty of room for attacking options provided we do not get scored on.

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These kids made it far losing to Mexico will rank them as the 5th best team in the tournament. That will be our highest finish ever in this age group. No doubt players like Cevallos, Corozo, Guerrero, Jaramillo and Pereira have caught the attention of scouts but Pervis Estupinan will have the best chance of going to play in Europe.

The game against Mexico will be tough, I'm not sure if its the same squad from the Copa Naciones tournament a while back which we defeated (2-0). This squad seems much more stronger. Mexico are clear favorites to win this match but i know our team will put up a heck of a fight. The game could go either way for me. Mexico will be without one of their top scorers Facundo Venegas. Defeating Mexico would be one of the biggest upset of this tourney hopefully we can pull it off.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #34 viagoal, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Nigeria 3 - Brasil 0 Final
    Mali 1 Croacia 0 Final

Ecuador is the only combebol representative left in the tournament. I'm not counting them out vs México Our mini-tri squad is full of surprises.

Nigeria and Mali though look unbeatable

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we put up a.fight against Mali,now that Nigerian team looks awfully suspect ..:rolleyes::D

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador are bringing the fight to Mexico, started watching at the 15th minute and we look like the better team thus far. If we make it through lets just say we'll have a hard time against Nigeria against Mali we brought the fight and i think we'll be better prepared. But Nigeria just look too good rn.

12. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're better than them all over the pitch. But one set piece long ball into the box and we're down 1.

13. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointed to see we are down 1-0.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Ecuador is playing good. Too bad we are losing. I can't stand the announcers on Fox Sports. Making watching this game unbearable. I hope we can win it. Kids are fun to watch. They deserved to keep going.

cabezamagica repped this.
  15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mexico too much for Ecuador =(

16. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wtf put some fresh legs in there.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When is the coach going to make changes? Can't he tell the kids are tired af? They can hardly run. The announcers are right. All 11 players have played all the games since the beginning. They need fresh legs.

18. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hate the fact that Guerrero keeps holding the ball up in the final third, we arent taking any shots when we need too. Nuala is being locked down. To much hesitation when we have the ball if i had a dollar for every time an opponent just walked up to take the ball away id be rich. I'm watching this on NBC Universal and the commentators are making mention of the fact that Ecuador have played better.

19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Played good but not smart enough. Late changes and not enough precision on the passing. Mexico just played a much smarter game. Don't know what else Ecuador could have done. Now lets hope that these kids become successful and be a part of the NT soon. They just need better coaching and training (strength and tactics).

20. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Hoy falto huevos. The talent and possession was there, but in the final third Mexico se cerro muy bien and left us wondering where to go with the ball. Two defensive errors and we were in the bag.
    Esa defensa era sospechosas from the get go. Solo que cevallos Los tenia cargados en el hombro

P.s. Still an admirable tournament from the boys. Can't wait to see what they develope into in a handful of years

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    One lesson....mental maturity and intelligence on the field will tip the scales....they need to know this in Ecuador and invest in education and coaching at once....

Luigi408 repped this.
  22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Exactly. Investing in education and good coaching/training will take these kids to the next level. I hope they at least are taking English classes. That way they can adapt faster overseas.

23. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do you see the irony in our under 17 team getting the fair play prize.:D

Luigi408, viagoal and GPisco repped this.
  24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    They got it for playing fair in the world cup. :D
    Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 1.27.51 PM.png