2015 Soccer, but not Rapids Related- NRR

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Stuart95, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having had some great game day experiences at PPL Park, I'm pulling for the Union ... a Conor Casey/Casey Conor game winner would be icing on the cake

2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    So far:
    1 - 0 Philly (check)
    slug-fest(-ish) (check)
    Vermes = sociopath (double check)

3. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serna should be on tonight with U-23 Olympic qualifier against Canada :

• Date Thursday, October 1, 2015
    • Venue Sporting Park; Kansas City, Kan.
    • Watch NBC Universo
    • Kickoff 8:00 PM CT

Stuart95, JasonMa and jayd8888 repped this.
  4. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Discussion at the youth National teams forum seems to lean towards him starting at left back. Also I get that channel and I think also can SAP english.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I was surprised to learn I have NBC Universo in HD on comcast. I was also surprised to learn today beIN Espanol is finally in HD. BeIN (English language) appears to still be in SD.

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ethan Horvath had a monster, monster match at home against Dutch giant Ajax as Molde held on for dear life to earn a 1-1 draw in Europa League action yesterday. Horvath was credited with 8 saves and was almost single handedly responsible for important 1 pt. which keeps Molde on top of their group. Horvath's match didn't go unnoticed either:
    [​IMG]

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/video/videoid=2289302.html?autoplay=true

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/...-sings-ethan-horvaths-praises-after-star-turn

Just to follow up on Horvath........ legendary Dutch keeper Edwin Van der had this to say about Ethan's performance:

Kind of ironic in the sense that Ethan's tall, lanky, skinny frame, with a wingspan like a Condor remind me of none other than Van Der Sar and Thibaut Courtois. If Ethan can rise to those levels........watch out, it's going to fun to witness.

Stuart95 and jayd8888 repped this.
  8. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It's too bad our partnership isn't with Liverpool - I'd take Brendan Rogers here in a heartbeat.

(Admittedly, I'd take almost any other coach than Pablo here in a heartbeat, so...)

Stuart95 repped this.
  9. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I went and watched the Mines women's soccer team beat NM Highlands 1-0 yesterday (they were tied for first in the league). It was entertaining soccer--no lack of effort there. Great team play too. (We know a player on Mines, which is why we went).

What didn't go down so well was $10/ticket. For a DIII soccer game (or whatever they call that division) to sit on concrete? Really, they don't even have bleachers; glad I brought our stadium chairs. It gets harder and harder to actually support small programs these days. Way of the world, I guess...

10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #535 m vann, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/ethan-horvath-s-rapid-rise-could-help-u-s-u-23s

Great article on Horvath. He was a late addition to the U-23's and while the article doesn't confirm it, I think it's safe to assume he will get the nod tomorrow night in front of friends and family at Dick's. Huge opportunity for Ethan. He has the be on cloud 9. Despite prices, I may just find my way down to Dick's tomorrow. Two hometown boys will be repping the US. Shame it's not three but O'Neill's inner ear deal is keeping him out. On a side note, I flew to Hawaii with an ear infection and thought I was gonna die with the long flight, cabin pressure, and altitude. Awful is a very mild way to put it.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  11. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Not much buzz here or for that matter in the youth Nat's area about the match w/ Panama tonight.

The Commerce City Dumpster Fire Buzz Killers? May need a shorter version for the shirt though.

Realistically they should be safely top of group even with a loss so long as it is close -- you know, like the RMC.

12. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, kind of Dead but we are in drivers seat with 3 points

• Date Tuesday, October 6, 2015
    • Venue Dick's Sporting Goods Park; Commerce City, Colo.
    • Watch NBC Universo
    • Kickoff 7:30 PM MT

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leaving in about 20 minutes to pick up someone and head out to the Dick for Game 1.

Dom. FC and Stuart95 repped this.
  14. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I imagine you won't encounter ANY traffic or lines.

Dom. FC repped this.
  15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well typical early rush hour traffic getting from Arvada to Commerce City but other than that I'm not expecting to deal with much :D

16. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

Hell, I bet you can park in the stadium concourse and no one would bat an eye. hard to tell your one customer no.

JasonMa repped this.
  17. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  18. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Somewhere a D2 college match has a bigger crowd tonight ... also in the rain btw. However unlike the last match played there this one (Canada v Cuba) will have some highlights ... en espanol but highlights none the less.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crowd starting to arrive for the US game. Most people staying undercover on the concourse.

jayd8888 and Dom. FC repped this.
  20. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Hometown Horvath w/ the apparent start. Also Serna (where's Marx?), go Colorado USA.

commercecity, JasonMa and jayd8888 repped this.
  21. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Already more action than the avg Rapids game!

22. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I guess there isn't much support for Olympic soccer in these parts. Barf!

23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    WOW, turned on the match in the 46th minute and brought some good karma to the US as they have scored two goals in quick succession for a 2-0 lead. First was a Panama own goal set up by some hard, physical work by . . . holy . . . before I can finish a thought US scores its third, this one by Morris in the 56' minute. This match looks like it could be over.

24. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Or, Herzog put in Morris and Kiesewetter?

Hey, 2 subs to start the 2nd half, is that allowed??

25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were as many goals scored at the Dick tonight as in the last 3 Rapids home games combined. :D

Dom. FC repped this.