2015 Soccer, but not Rapids Related- NRR

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Stuart95, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    What they said over there (PSG board) when I asked a similar question:

Also rumors that some minor signing from Man Utd may get inked in time for him to join the group.

2. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

looks to be a legit story.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...-pay-hundreds-to-help-stranded-team/30224137/

3. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're actually working on this.

However, we're still waiting on an okay for the DPD, since there is some legal gray area about giving gifts to police officers.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least we can cover the food and beer. That's not a gift since its by donation only. ;)

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saborio traded from FSL to DC. He's been a Rapid-killer over the years (RMC leading 6 career goals) so I'm glad we only have to see him once a year now.

kucsdat, COMtnGuy, JackSwaninCO and 2 others repped this.
  6. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

What's RSL's reason for doing this?

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, that's a hive of scum and villainy I don't need to figure out. :D

8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

I guess, like all lopsided trades, we just need to wait for the other shoe to drop.

JasonMa repped this.
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're sending Beckerman to NYCFC for Ballouchy?

kucsdat, DavidJames, fortcollins and 4 others repped this.
  10. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

Obviously they're freeing up cap space for Daniel Osorno.

commercecity and JasonMa repped this.
  11. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I hit the rep button three times but you still just got one?

JasonMa repped this.
  12. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    He's over the hill? Misses Espindola?

It is pretty wild. There's not much of the core left.

13. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Gold Cup 1/4 Final; Mexico v. Costa Rica, the 'F' in CONCACAF obviously stands for fail, unless you're CR then it's for F**ked ...

Jimmydinho and JasonMa repped this.
  15. wilyZ

wilyZ Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some brit chucked a bunch of ones at sepp blatter during a conference
    blatter.png
    while blatter appreciates their exuberance, he requests that in the future england submit their bribes bids using the proper channels

16. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I saw that he was campaigning for North Korea 2026. He's also the guy that Kanye'd Kayne at Glastonbury, i.e walked up unannounced and interrupted him on stage. I may have a new favorite comedian.

17. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    "All bid processing fees will be submitted in a currency other than US dollars."

18. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this and thought...man, why does Beckham insist on Miami. He's gotten almost no support from the govt...would it not be easier to just become an investor in FTStrikers...then I remembered another already just did this...Oh well, good luck to him, IMHO, i think another market would have been a better choice. Maybe the 2nd time around the Fusion/FCBeckham can have success, financially that is.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AIUI once he exercised his option inn Miami a couple of years ago he lost the option to take the team anywhere else. Its Miami or nothing for Beckham.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  20. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True-forgot that part of the deal. Guess he was thinking MIAMI would want him there...oops....

21. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    #396 Dom. FC, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Oh I think they want him but once he exercised the option based on that location he lost all leverage with them. After all the struggle they ended up going right where they (the City power brokers) wanted at the old Orange Bowl site and not on the waterfront like he wanted. Better business advisors may have nailed down the site they wanted prior to committing to that City? He should have gotten KSE involved ... I guess. ;>) The NASL team has a foothold and at minimum will be a weed in their garden -- probably enough soccer fans to go around if they establish a clear identity,

COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami is an odd sports city. It has a huge population, lots of sports fans but little allegiance to local teams. Many of the residents are from somewhere else, and follow teams from wherever they still consider "home." There are a lot of other things to do in Miami, and that's a distraction from steady attendance. It took the Dolphins decades to build attendance, even with great teams. The Marlins have been winners and have one of the best stadiums in sports, but their on-field record and Miami's indifference to a local team give them awful attendance. Depending on who is visiting, their crowd either is invisible or is made up of people rooting against the Marlins. Beckham or no Beckham, this is one MLS expansion that makes me wonder. It may well work out, but it doesn't look like a sure bet. For the sake of the league, I hope it doesn't become Fusion II.

Orlando, in contrast, was a much better selection. It is a city that has shown much more allegiance to local college and pro teams. It has more of an industrial base and somewhat more stable population. It has almost as many distractions as Miami, but for whatever reason the residents have been much steadier sports fans. Ditto for Tampa, which would have been a far better expansion location than Miami, but was probably nixed because of its proximity to Orlando.

fischerw repped this.
  23. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be interesting to watch, but for me, Maimi is not a great "sport supporter" town. Beckham is going to have to really lay out the $ on all the top "name" DP's he can find to have any chance at success down there.

24. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Lifted from USMNT N&A Jamaica pre-match thread, yes I've been there, now I have to go shower ...

JasonMa and Bajoro repped this.
  25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Brown isn't on Jamaica's roster ;)