2015 Season Start

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Forever, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's going on with the start of the 2015 Season. All I can find is the MLS Players are "threatening" to boycott the start of the season.

MLS players threaten to BOYCOTT matches after league dispute as Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard's USA adventure sours
    What about season tickets? Have they been sent out yet or are they waiting to see if the season will start as scheduled?

[RANT] I'm a little frustrated that I've received alot of email communication regarding support for the Dash, sign into your new rewards system, come see this or that....but not a damn thing about what I actually paid for: Season Tickets. It seems with the season set to start in 1.5wks we'd hear something from the Dynamo Front Office about WTF is going on. [/RANT]

JC507 and *rey* repped this.
  2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The negotiations between the league and players union have been going on for a while. No one knows if the season will start on time.

Season tickets have not been distributed yet. At least I haven't heard of anyone getting them yet. I believe that last year people got them around February 25 or 26. So they should be delivered soon.

In 2010, the last time the CBA was negotiated things went right up until a couple of days before the season started. That will probably happen again. That year we got our season tickets a couple of weeks before the season so the ongoing negotiations didn't seem to affect that.

redinthemorning and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9 Days till season starts and i havent heard anything about my tickets.

4. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season tickets were sent out earlier this week. You should be receiving this week. I won't be surprised if we get pics from people today and tomorrow. Then the rest by Monday/Tuesday.

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I wonder what they'll do if the season is shorten due to a strike.

6. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My uneducated guess is that if it's only a few games, then you'll receive credit for other games. As in, free playoff tickets, USOC, Charities Cup, and the such, or be able to bring friends to games. If it's more than a few (unlikely), I expect a prorated season ticket package with refunds or credit for upcoming season.

7. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get tired of being right...

570983856230150145 is not a valid tweet id

redinthemorning, Heft and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    With absolutely no inside knowledge. Just by checking to see when they were delivered last year.

redinthemorning and Heft repped this.
  9. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a boss.

10. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Is there any news coming out about the CBA negotiations? I assume if any of you guys knew any links you'd post them here.

It's very frustrating to be a week away from the opener and totally guessing if the game will actually happen

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I've heard that the strike may affect the Friday matches, but may be resolved by Saturday's matches.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    They're supposed to resume talks on Sunday. I think Wednesday is when we'll have an idea of if there's going to be a strike.

If they're close to finding a resolution they can also choose to play while continuing negotiations.

footyfool repped this.
  13. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    I'm patiently awaiting mine :unsure:

14. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When you get your package, you can start using a 25% off season-long Papa John's pizza coupon.

15. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was searching around for news about the start of the season and found this article written on Monday (3/2):

Bobby Boswell on MLS's CBA talks as clock winds down starting the 2015 season on time
    .....Basically no new news

16. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and a little more digging....
    Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league still at impasse as talks go down to the wire

17. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's better than a 75% chance that they go on strike. Once that happens, I think they'll get a deal done within a few weeks. We may only miss a game or two.

18. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I don't know where you're coming up with the 75%. But my own personal opinion is that a strike would hurt players WAY more than management and if they do strike, they are incredibly stupid. I am always pro-labor. But the MLS corporate structure is just too weird to allow free agency. I hope your assessment is wrong and they settle this before game time.

Dynamo_Forever and *rey* repped this.
  19. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Knowing the history of the players vs MLS, I can see a strike happening, and believe there is some resolve by the players and union, but I can also see the can being kicked down the road as well if the league can agree to some benefits.

20. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I called NWSL season starting before MLS, but getting a bit more hopeful. Latest word seems to indicate the owners have gotten more reasonable today on some limited free agency.

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  21. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figure this is as good a place to stick these thoughts as anywhere else. Mods -- please move em if you want.

I've tried to read these boards recently but ohh how painful. So much drivel.

Season arriving (maybe) so I been focusing and tuning in.

First -- always -- forever Sunrise.

I don't put stock in preseason results. Heck -- I hardly put stock in results. I was drawn to the Dynamo because of how they played and how well organized they were -- far beyond other MLS teams of the day.

Only preseason game I saw was 1/2 of the Orlando implosion. Orlando maintained territorial edge. Dynamo could not possess much in attacking half. Orl turnovers result in Dynamo goals on the break. So -- I was not all that impressed by how we played in that game despite the scoreline.

Seems everyone bitcced and moaned about our players last season all being Dom's favorites where others should have played. New coach -- same players preferred. Hmmmm.

Field to be expanded? Hey -- something good coming with this new gaffer. Then I think I have it right no expanded length and only 3' more wide? WTF?? So just a little less stupid as before.

I'm hoping for, and expecting, good soccer and results. But six teams out of 10 into the playoffs? WTF??

For me -- biggest issue is this. I support Chris Canetti and like him. But he is making a BIG play to become a soccer leader and with that comes, I hope, accountability. This team needs to compete or Chris needs to go. Chris should be making much more $$$ now because he is now responsible for results on the field.

For me -- I am bewildered by the decision. There are two ways to organize a franchise. The LA Galaxy/old-SJE-Dynamo way or the way the rest of the teams do. Pretty clear which way is better. One way with two teams has most of the trophies. They Dynamo way where one-man, the Team Manager, is responsible for all soccer decisions. The way of technical directors & coachs has never performed as well as the Single Manager structure. We have 19 years of history that makes this undisputable. So why are we going to the losing structure?

Oh well -- I hope Chris succeeds. I hope we win. I expect a dominant team.

One more thing -- and this bothers me. I have heard Mr. Coyle now three times refer to the Dynamo, and I paraphrase "not being as a big a club with as much resources" as others.

uhh .... FU Coyle and whoever fed you this line. (Maybe it is Canetti.) This is a parity league. Something you don't seem to understand. You have no excuses. You are expected to dominate. You have as much resources as anyone else. Except. Of course. You don't actually control your resources. Some guy named Jordan has that.

I have high expectations for the dynamo every year, every game. I am then reasonable with my evaluations. The day I stop having high expectations or when doing so is unreasonable then I will stop being a fan. It is what makes MLS special. The day I become unreasonable with my evaluations then I'm JC and I hope I die.

Forever Sunrise.

22. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think that the league, and the responsibilities needed to field a winning team have changed in 19 years. Not every manager is going to be able to be the coach, scout, negotiate contracts, be the strength & conditioning expert etc. Maybe there are a couple, but not every single manager is capable of this, and it will become even more difficult as the league grows in size, and popularity to manage all things.

JC507 and *rey* repped this.
  23. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good point. I think that NER proved that there is still some parity in the league, but it is shrinking. Money will need to be spent to keep afloat like in other leagues.

24. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did NER show there was parity in the league? They went 9-12-3 prior to Jermaine Jones being handed to them and then went 8-1-1. So I'm not sure what exactly that shows other than the league is not transparent and if Kraft whines enough he gets his way.

JC507 repped this.
  25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    A poor team with only one DP was able to make it to the final? :p