2015 Oversea Chinese thread

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhang was confirmed to have the flu by the manager in the pregame conference.

YLbowman repped this.
  2. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ugh Zhang wasn't included in the squad again. This is getting a bit old.

3. Bolton

Bolton New Member

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xu Xin scores his first career goal for Atletico C today against CA Pinto

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  4. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks, I'm glad he seems to have the right mentality thus far. Hopefully he keeps his head up and get a chance in cup games if he can impress. Personally not expecting him to play at all this year given Wolfsburg's form, but perhaps next season once he's better integrated into the team and country.

6. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhang was left out of the squad yet again in the match against RB Leipzig in the Dfb Pokal, which was the only competition I could see Zhang actually get some play time in. I think that's a huge indicator to that Zhang most likely won't feature at all this season as the games only get more and more important as the season goes on. The only scenario I can see him getting some play time is if Wolfsburg has secured a CL spot and that the league title is out of reach, leaving a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season.

7. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I just thought that he was never really that good. Not even as good as Hao Junmin was when he left for Germany.

8. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhang is better than Hao in my opinion.

9. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hao definitely had the ability to play in the Bundesliga if he went to a smaller club from the start. I would say he was wasted at Schalke and I seriously hope this won't be the case with Zhang. A team like HSV, Hertha, or Stuttgart would have been a much wiser choice.

10. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any updates on Zhang Xizhe? Seems like he has disappeared off the radar. Not even a place on the bench.

11. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Any news on Zhang Xizhe. This is getting a bit ridiculous for him. He should demand a loan back to Guoan if the situation persists.

12. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    While Wolfsburg can't win the Bundesliga anymore, they now haven't secured the automatic Champions League spot either. They most likely will do that only after winning one or two more games. Hopefully they will at least put Zhang on the bench after that happens. They can't risk a play-off instead of an automatic spot to play a new player.

13. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Zhang is on the bench vs paderborn

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    would have been nice if wolfsburg used the final substitution for zhang xizhe, since they are winning 2-0 already..

btw welcome back!

15. Bolton

Bolton New Member

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wei Shihao was subbed in at 70' for Boavista yesterday in a 0-0 draw.

KiarashM and Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  16. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Apparently Wei had a great performance and almost scored his first goal. Judging from Boavista fans' comments, they want him to play more.

17. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks mod! Sometimes I check the site but don't log in

18. Buggy88

Buggy88 Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bundesliga has finished without Zhang Xizhe playing in any games. Unused substitute for final match.

19. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Hi, apologies as I know this isn't relevant to this thread but I was unable to create my own thread, presumably as a new forum member. Just have a piece here on the greatest Chinese footballer of all-time, Lee Wai Tong, and figured some on here might be interested, given that Chinese football doesn't get much coverage outside of Asia. Cheers!

http://ahalftimereport.com/2015/05/23/lee-wai-tong-the-king-of-football/

20. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Absolutely embarrassing for Zhang Xizhe to transfer to a team and miss like what 23 straight matches? If I were him, I would demand a loan or transfer immediately because it is obvious that he is there for commercial reasons. For a player in such a crucial stage of his career, staying at Wolfsburg would be suicide

21. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    It's getting harder to believe that it's not for commercial reasons. However there's a reasonable chance that he hasn't been sent on loan because he needs to integrate with the group first, at risk of just being an unknown outcast. Half a season in the grand scheme of things isn't that big a deal, if he's given a fair shake before and hopefully during next season. To be fair, Wolfsburg were on a good run and they had a CL spot to fight for, and at least he WAS on the bench near the end of the season. It sucks that he wasn't given a chance to play, but we're not the manager and their job is to win. Frankly I don't see any reason why Zhang Xizhe should get time over what Wolfsburg have right now in his positions. Given that he was brought in mid-season to a completely new league, country, and lacking the polish of most of the players on that team, I'm not surprised at all that he didn't get any time.

I'll ready my pitchforks for next season if he still sees no time at all and still doesn't get loaned out.

Buggy88 repped this.
  22. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He can't even score regularly in the CSL. What makes you think he can score in Europe? Unless ur talking about the Austrian league or something

23. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    He's young, dynamic, and has boatloads of potential. He needs to leave to improve. I don't know why you think he needs to score. He only scored so much in his first year because the team depended on him, but now they have a plethora of actual foreign strikers who do the job. Look at goal contribution and how he actually plays in the game.

Also, if anything, I think he SHOULD go to a smaller league like the Austrian, Swiss, Norwegian leagues. Look at Zhang Xizhe, Hao Junmin, and how much time they're getting/got. Look at Sun Xiang who actually got a chance to play at PSV. Let him play a year or two in a non-top tier league that can expose him to European play and European training/lifestyle, then see if he can progress to the next step.

Buggy88 and Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  24. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  25. kakpa

kakpa Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    zhang xizhe transferred back to beijing guoan, it was his decision to go back.