2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Ottawa Fury FC' started by ironcub14, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Initial B

Initial B Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Hmm, it says all the right things, but there is no comment on its future in NASL. I get the feeling the Fury will still be around for 2017 because it's going to take the CSA at least a year to get the teams up and running for their new league. With FCE in the West and Fury in the East, the CPL would have a solid base to build a league around, with teams the newbies can benchmark themselves against.

Of course, the Fury FO might know something we don't about the viability of the NASL and might jump ship early, but they have nowhere else to go except the USL, which the CSA has forbidden any other Canadian teams from joining.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Unless the CPL is going to be up and running in 2017 (which I seriously doubt), I don't see why Ottawa would drop out of the NASL. They have a good thing going right now and surely don't want to interrupt it.

4. Initial B

Initial B Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Okay, this has me concerned: I was looking last week at the Fury website and couldn't find any links to the Academy. Then I find out today that the Academy program is being axed. What the heck is going on over there?

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States