2015 NBA Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by benni..., Jun 17, 2015.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wouldn't that be the Spurs lol

2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw both Belinelli and Redick improve through film first, then improve with the confidence and playing time. This is why I loved Thibs so much, he develops his guys that way. You avoid a Tim Hardaway Jr./Tyreke Evans situation.

4. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I give the Warriors a 15% chance to repeat and that is probably to generous.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #130 argentine soccer fan, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    It's tough to repeat, regardless of who you are. Since 2000 only the Lakers and Heat managed it. The Spurs, as good as they've been, never managed to repeat. If you are a contender, you just have to get in the playoffs and then hope for a bit of luck in terms of health and breaks. But once you win one, the stigma is broken, and you are likely to win more. The Spurs may not have repeated, but they won several nonetheless. This century the only team that won it just once with the same core group is Dallas. (Correction, Detroit as well).

I don't think the Warriors will be another Dallas. They may not repeat, but as long as they keep their core, they will contend for the next several years, and will probably win another one at some point. When you think about their players, they've had so many significant injuries in previous years (Curry, Bogut, Iguodala, Livingstone, Ezeli, Barbosa, Lee etc) that they were all pretty much due a healthy season, and they got one. Two healthy seasons in a row might just be too much to ask, but they have the mix of players and ownership to stay in contention for a while, so don't be surprised if they "get lucky" again in the near future.

I'm going to take the time to enjoy this awesome season, and will worry about the next one later on.

MatthausSammer and P to the Wee repped this.
  6. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I am off idea if you dont repeat your not that good, and rely on other big teams having off year to win.Same lik Spurs, they only win when others have off years. They could never beat Kobe/Shaq at their best.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2039894-phil-jackson-says-the-san-antonio-spurs-are-not-a-dynasty

Phil Jackson "Tim Duncan making the salary he's making after being part of a dynasty—not a dynasty, I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championships but they've always been there. San Antonio has had a wonderful run through Tim's tenure there as a player. He's agreed to take a salary cut so other players can play with him so they can be this good. And that's the beginning of team play."

7. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Whats your power rankings for next year @Waliatiger In east.

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When you are the only team to not get eliminated, you are that good. Championships are so difficult to win and it's no crime if the Warriors don't repeat.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar...ebok-trust-fund-that-he-cant-touch-till-2030/

Yeh, Baffling how much he wasted money.Then he got no brains , not surprising.
    Sixers would be helping AI, but they be shooting themselves in the foot for hiring him.

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why? Teams make up positions with 0 responsibility all the time to keep their former stars on their feet. Sure he might be dumb, but he did what he did best for Philadelphia and played his ass off. He doesn't deserve to die, just because he has no brain.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ai will be a meet n greet guy I doubt he gets in the front office

He also has lots of money saved. His financial advisor opened an account with 30 million dollars worth of savings and he has access to like 500k to a milly a year or something

Either way he's not exactly poor

12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    benni... repped this.
  13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2015-06-19 12.36.00.jpg

Get rid of Lin, who's jersey is featured in the window at the Staples Center shop? :D

14. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I am huge fan of potato chips, I eat lot of them.For health reasons my mother banned from it for 2 months now.You reminded me of what I WANT.

Lin is top 15 point guard in this league IMO. He is decent player.

P to the Wee repped this.
  15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #141 P to the Wee, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    LOL such a great post

benni... repped this.
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wendy are u like, 15?

P to the Wee repped this.
  17. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007
  18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Potato chips are great, Lin, however, is not. He's a backup living off a decent stretch with D'Antoni's system. He was poor to mediocre in Houston, and got beat out by a second-round rookie in Los Angeles.

19. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What are your favorite chips? I just had some Dorito Cool Ranch

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ketchup chips are good, as are Salt and Vinegar.

21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sour cream and onion is not bad either, but then they make your breath stink so you have to be careful there

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never been a fan. But back on topic...

23. ywendyh

ywendyh Member

Mar 13, 2007

I am young guy , I lied about my age as in my profile because I didnt want to lose credibility.

Wade is going to the Lakers, yet another proof how fake of a team the Miami Heat were. No pride playing for that team.

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My reaction to the idea of Wade to Lakers:
    [​IMG]
    Wade has zero upside, his body is breaking down to the point where he is basically fine china in bubblewrap, and he's going to want to get PAID. It's another Kobe situation. Also, if you want to point to an example of plasticity, you might not want to use the one involving a club legend that spent all his years of being a productive player in Miami and loves the community.

Playboy Red Devil repped this.