2015 Matchday 24: Hertha vs. Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Your argument is not very good from the outset,as you try to portray this game as an anomaly,not the Schalke game which was the anomaly.

This game is a compilation of what our game has been like the entire season...Miki useless,no midfield,empty long balls by the defenders,Gundogan more worried defensively rather than trying to be a playmaker and create,posing no danger from set-pieces and the main attacker completely cut-off from the rest of the team.We only lack KG for the impression to be complete.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reus and Scmelzer are equally bad at set piece delivery.

3. Arian47

Arian47 New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    we played so sloppy.. and against a garbage team too

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was the nail on the coffin.

5. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess the dream of 4th place finish died today. A team that comes out with this attitude and such apparent lack of preparation, deserves Europa League at best.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  6. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Its god damn dresden, few youngster in a mix couldnt hurt could it. I mean whats the point of havin 7 subs available if klopp uses same 11 and same subs all the time

7. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #57 z0mb1e, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    what a waste of 75 mins playing HM, he should've been a sub if need be

Liquid1010 repped this.
  8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On the bright side Kampl can hold his head high after that game. He provided a spark, and was the only one actually trying different stuff rather than the crap the rest were peddling. Reus, was he even in the game? I can't remember a thing he did today. By and large a wholly uninspiring performance against one of the worst teams in the Bundesliga.

Vlad S. and bvbSlash repped this.
  9. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree, but the last couple of games were good, with Schalke being the best performance of the season. It is not like they suddenly lost what they had against Freiburg, Mainz and Schalke. They had a bad game, were tired a bit, not motivated enough, ect. Games like this happen, it is important that they don't continue to happen.

10. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd be happy if we qualify for the EL, don't forget we are 7 points behind place 6.

11. JCrook

JCrook Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Really disinteresting football. I thought our boys looked tired from the busy schedule of late. Hamburg were never really interested in offering anything up, just park the bus type stuff.

Regarding set pieces, I think I'd like to see Gundogan take them. He's technically proficient, and reliable.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  12. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Which is why i'm so disappointed by today's performance.The time for ''having a bad day'' has long,long,long passed.We are having a nightmare season and a performance such as this one is inexcusable.

This isn't the same team that smashed everyone in 2010/11 and 2011/12 where a draw or even a loss was excusable,because we were so consistent.This team has no recognizable style,an image,a trademark.

My hopes got raised in the Schalke game as it was a apparent that the constant short pass/rotation/press game is our forte,and it was the type of game that brought us on the bring of winning the CL.Losing Goetze is absolutely no excuse as the best football BVB has ever played as far as i'm concerned was in the second half of the 2011/12 season where Goetze was injured and didn't contribute to the team.Same with Lewandowski...we're making no chances and no matter who our forward is,whether Auba/Ciro or Ramos he is cut-off and even Lewa won't help too much with this system.

Klopp has changed the dynamics of the team to address the new players way too much even though we would excell with the type of football presented against Schalke.

And we were dreadful against Dresden as well,so like i've said the derby has been the only game where we have created,applied constant pressure,had possession and played confident football.

Today looked like a 11 players assembled on the spot trying to figure out what to do as the game got along.

Vlad S. repped this.
  13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What we needed to turn around the season was a sustained winning streak until CL for next season was secured. We aren't eliminated until it is mathematically impossible so JK should be putting the most motivated and physically prepared squad on the field. When he says and does dumb shit like "there's no need for squad rotation" it basically says 2 things: 1) the starting XI don't give a fück because they know they'll be playing 90 min and this includes Reus, Hummels, Gundogan along with the likes of Schmelzer and Aubameyang. 2) the rest of the squad are no longer motivated because they know a solid performance is irrelevant because once Sahin and Piszczek is back they are riding pine.

As if squad selection wasn't ridiculously suspect he didn't bother watching Hamburg play this season. It's like he had no clue how to swing past this rather leaky Hamburg backline. Beating these guys is simple: HORIZONTAL balls into the box or overrunning the midfield with quick passes. Instead he went for long balls from the backline. Even 3 BuLi coaches have a higher level of intelligence. If this doesn't convince anybody that JK is not suited to head our coaching staff anymore then continuously letting Schmelzer and Reus taking free kicks should.

It's a very basic life skill to do things differently when a repeated action yields the same failed result. JK lacks that life skill.

14. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    @Kargetina_BVB
    I agree.
    I hope that the Schalke performance is the ideal towards Klopp is heading and that in the future we will see more of it repeated in consecutive games. I think right now it is still to early for that. A month ago it seemed almost impossible.

15. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was far from HSV parking the bus. Parking the bus would imply that one team holds the ball and the other gets behind it in numbers. BVB didn't hold the ball - it kept it in the air most of the time. HSV lost the battle BVB was waging against itself - running like rabid dogs chasing the ball, getting it, losing it again by kicking it in random directions, ad nauseum.

Kargetina_BVB and bvbSlash repped this.
  16. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been waiting for this gem...

Klopp post-match:
    "One may say that the result is positive. When was the last time we didn't lose in Hamburg? The guys will cool off and realize they just earned an important point."

17. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Less than two years ago beating Real 4:1 in the 1/2 of the champions league was the kind of match we were really satisfied with....now we're ''satisfied'' winning a point against the 15-th placed team in the league,in a dire situation where missing Europe next year is a big possibility.:confused:

I've never seen a team lose all it's confidence so quickly.It really shows on the pitch as well.

Dhajj, chewz and MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    SCREW THAT ATTITUDE! Does Klopp think that Bayern ever thinks "thank goodness we didn't lose to Hamburg"? Does he think that Real thinks "wow, that was a well-earned point against Elche"? Wow, just... Wow. When we're satisfied with a point against Hamburg, we've already lost in our quest to be a European contender.

Jonny98, Liquid1010, chewz and 1 other person repped this.
  19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nuri Sahin: 10M
    Ilkay Gundogan: 20M
    Shinji Kagawa: 10M
    Sven Bender: 16M
    Heno: 21M
    Kevin Kampl: 10M
    Marco Reus: 50M

Valuations are according to Transfermarkt. Ilkay is underrated by 10M but regardless our MF is worth over 140M and JK is getting the defence and forward to play long balls for 90 min. It's like buying a Rolls and taking the public transit to work.

In the first half of the season we couldn't attack or defend. Now we can do one but not both.

MatthausSammer and chewz repped this.
  20. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'll join you if this repeats against Koln :D
    The only thing I'll criticize now is his after game statement, that was really bad.

21. JCrook

JCrook Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Did you feel HSV was offering something in our half?

Jonny98 repped this.
  22. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #72 Liquid1010, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    What an absolutely disgraceful game by Hamburg..... I have no idea how they ended the match with 11 guys on the pitch. They had no interest in playing football.

They simply used cynical fouls to disrupt the flow of the game and break apart any momentum we tried to build up. We played poorly, but much of that was due to how Hamburg played (something which I would probably not describe as football).

Jonny98 repped this.
  23. dodolefou

dodolefou Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That """tactic""" actually works against us... and they know it so they use it.

24. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when teams foul us a lot we really struggle.
    We can't convert for shit on set pieces and it just stops our flow and momentum. juve did the same, and i expect them to do it again next time. someone needs to step up and punish teams for giving us set pieces

25. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    7-8 points behind the 4th spot is not too terrible.