2015 hot seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by spykemanne, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Very true.

2. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last couple statements stood out to me as I seemed to recall Stetson having a decent year, and also Collegewhispers' tendency to make stupid statements on this board with no factual basis. And yep, correct on that again.
    http://www.gohatters.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14600&ATCLID=210902725
    Only fifth time in 23 years they had a winning season. And the coach did so 'poorly' that the athletic department gave him a contract extension.
    Well done Collegewhispers. Typical nonsense from you.

As for USC Upstate, who can blame her for looking? Very underfunded program. So much you can do trying to squeeze blood out of stones.

HouseofCards repped this.
  3. Dick Spears 26

Dick Spears 26 New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "poorly coached" could also mean that he is just a jerk and yells and screams a lot at his players. who knows?

4. saladking

saladking Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Not a term I would use when it comes to Manoj. Extremely intelligent individual when it comes to the game of soccer and had a chance to see him work up close and personal. Its just me.

5. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Wasn't he also the same coach that was let go at St Bonaventure?

I know it's upsetting to you that I have on more than one occasion said that Syracuse it hot, but this has come from multiple coaches and other sources at the Division I level. This is a hot seat forum and when other college coaches are continuously mentioning coaches such as Phil being on the hot seat I have put this information on here. Ultimately people talk and while some of the sources could well be gossip it's said a lot throughout the Division I circuit that coaches at Syracuse, Miami, and Texas are all doing poor jobs and are constantly associated with their jobs being in jeopardy.

I know it's not the nicest thing in the world but once again it's a hot seat forum where people can discuss who may be feeling the heat and why. SoccerTrustee there are many coaches who echo the sentiments I have shared on here. I'm not simply deciding to pick out a few programs for no reason.

6. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Any word on Western Michigan, Delaware State or (newest) USC-Upstate?

7. RtD!

RtD! Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    I know nothing about how "hot" the seat is at Syracuse. Just reporting that Phil & Kelly were at the Florida State Cup round of 8 on Sunday. Seems like a long way to go for recruiting but we were glad to have them there.

8. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Collegewhispers, no idea on how Khettry left St. Bonaventure. Don't know if he left on his own or if it was up to institution. I doubt you know either. But looking at his record he did well in the postseason and had a Coach of the Year award there. And his last season there was 2012. 2012. So he has had three seasons to prove himself at Stetson. The only people he has to answer to are his players and his administration. And this may come as a shock to you - but typically contract extensions are only given to people that do well and that the administration are happy with.

You bring up Syracuse again. And you use 'gossip from your sources'. And then use your gossip to post crap here. I'll stick with the facts and then repudiate the nonsense you put up. Here's a fact: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...k-coyle-takes-same-position-minnesota-gophers. The Athletic Director that was just hired by Syracuse less than a year has left for Minnesota. What does that mean? Who knows, anything can happen. Typically a new AD doesn't make huge changes with hiring and firing non revenue sports coaches in their first year, but I guess anything is possible. Most likely this new AD change probably brought Wheddon at least another year. You didn't know this was coming and neither did your 'sources'. You can stick to gossip and throw shit out here, which is a lot of what this forum is, I'll stick to legitimate information.

You state Miami and that one I will agree with. Because:
    1.) MFM was hired on the cheap, so they could pay off Aganost.
    2.) MFM contract ends this year, same time as Aganost's buyout ends. So she had that time to show what she is capable of and that is very little. So makes sense that a change will occur this December unless she has a miracle and can turn it around. Didn't help their cause with scheduling likely Ohio St and FGCU losses either as they will get their share of losses in ACC play.
    3.) MFM contact ends THIS year. Very different than Syracuse situation where Wheddon is on contract until 2018 (contract terms do matter).
    Some actual basis for speculation here.

Post your gossip crap. I'll stick to facts that actually have bearing.

9. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    About Anagnost, I thought it was interesting that he was listed as a "volunteer" at Michigan from Jan 2015. Usually, if you earn even $10 mowing lawns, that invalidates the 'severance' part of your contract comp. Now that he's being paid at NC State, Miami is certainly off that hook. Not sure what happened to him at Miami but it can't be any fun moving around the country like that. Full time coaching is a 'dream job' imho, but it can be a tough journey. In that stupid ACC schedule, NCSU won't play Miami. Bet he's bummed about that.

10. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I don't think so. It wasn't a severance, it was a contract buyout, which means he gets paid whether he's a volunteer or an assistant (he was indeed a volunteer at Michigan, where he most likely earned camp money, and is full time at NC State). I think it's pretty well known his payout from Miami runs for one more year.

11. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Nope, not a buyout. He was a volunteer at Michigan to comply with the separation agreement to be paid out on his contract. The moving around part wasn't a big deal. He's a Michigan guy so had a few years to enjoy family and old friends while still being involved in the game.

12. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I agree with some of what you are posting. But when a lot of college coaches are talking about these programs and how badly they underperform it is obvious from the outside they should be doing better and should be on the hot seat. Just so happens that due to connections I know a little bit more about the sentiment coming out of Syracuse and how the some members of the team believe the coach is on the way out(possibly). Trust your facts and I don't have a problem with that but when there are many sources saying the same thing it does make you wonder. Perhaps a new AD will offer reprieve, perhaps he will get until his contract runs out but syracuse is hot or becoming hot

13. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    OK call me ignorant, but how is this not a buyout?

14. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Players at a given program would be the last people on Earth - the entire Earth - I would listen to regarding that coach's job status. Especially any player that would speak to anyone outside the program about their coach's job status.

15. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nah parents would be. Sometimes within a university things do get around. Especially if a coach isn't popular with the majorly of a team I would expect some administrations would note this. Not saying that's what has happened in this case but it does occur.

16. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I wouldn't dispute that, but I'd still ignore 99% of anything negative a player has to say about their head coach. They are most likely either venting harmlessly, or venting with actual malice for personal reasons. But in either case, they are not likely to be armed with inside information regarding what the administration is thinking.

It's pretty easy to put two and two together in some cases, of course, as when the coach isn't winning and/or there are academic or behavioral problems in the team.

17. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    OK, you're ignorant. Happy now? :laugh:

Seriously, a buyout typically means you're free to continue on to the next gig as normal. There's a reason he was a volunteer the last couple of years.

18. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Well, often a buyout clause stipulates that you get less money if you land another job. You get X amount if you get a head coaching job, and Y amount if you get a lesser job over the life of the contract. He was probably a volunteer because he made more from the buyout than if he was paid in the new gig.

19. RvN10Fan

RvN10Fan New Member

May 17, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know I am new to the site, but I have lurked for a long time. Upstate was not underfunded as compared to other schools in the ASun. They are in the top 3 of most scholarships in the conference.

20. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    The phrase "still on contract" should be the key phrase to remember in this case.

21. WestSideSoccer10

WestSideSoccer10 New Member

May 6, 2015
    Club:
    Tokyo Verdy
  22. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  23. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Indiana State now open

24. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Think it will be tough to get a good candidate this late?

25. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    You should go for it