2015 Gold Cup - Guatemala (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by LesG9, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    True we still have to beat cuba by any means necessary y poner el camion y colgarnos del arco otra vez against the usa

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Telling you, we cant sleep on Cuba.

jfcule and ChaChaFut repped this.
  3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Apparently there's a lineup for cuba and it's the same we had against mexico except mejia for mo.......I don't know about dennis since we have to attack and he's clumsy with the ball but I wont question him til after the game.....I'm really happy for cuilapa I think he deserves it......pappa still in the doghouse seemingly

4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    please disregard this part ...pappa is starting. .

5. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    El Salvador lost, so is up to Guate to win

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Besides lalin, morales, mo, aparicio, and fish who else is on a yellow already? ..... I would hate to have to play with castrillo and marquez and arias against the US (if we make it of course since we have a history of choking when we're favorites )

7. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    #132 aramada, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    After the first game of this evening, as has been stated earlier on the thread, Guate needs to win tomorrow.

Possible Scenarios
    1. If Guatemala wins, they advance as the best 3rd place team with 4 points.
    2. If Cuba wins, they advance as the 2nd best 3rd place team with 3 points but behind Panama on goal differential.
    3. If Guatemala and Cuba tie, El Salvador advances as the 2nd best 3rd place team IF Canada loses to Costa Rica tonight. If Canada beats Costa Rica by 1 goal, then Costa Rica would advance as the 3rd place team from Group B if Guate and Cuba tie. If Canada and Costa Rica tie 0-0, then El Salvador would still finish in 3rd for Group B and advance if Guate and Cuba tie, based on an equal goal differential with Canada but a +1 Goal For. If Canada and Costa Rica tie 1-1, then the tie breaker would be a drawing of lots (pretty sh*tty) and if Canada and Costa Rica tie at 2-2 and above, Canada would advance over El Salvador as the 3rd place team based on Goals For.

Seems pretty simple to me muchas. Win and we're in!!

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good news for Mejia, speed makes sense. Not surprised about Pappa not starting, not b/c of his play, but because they'll need him for the 2nd half if needed.

9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Actually he's starting I made a mistake and then corrected myself on the next post

10. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    esta "dicen que es la posible"
    El Posible XI para mañana:
    Motta,
    Dennis L., Wilson L., E. Enoc, R. Morales,
    C. Mejía,
    J. Aparicio., Brandon De L.,
    M. Pappa,
    Minor L., Carlos Ruiz.

4-4-2 definitivamente!!

11. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    pero me gustaria mas pappa por el medio como creativo y cincottapor la banda, dejando a Leon afuera.. creo que es muy lento de leon!!

aramada repped this.
  12. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    soooo copa america, ya todos los paises estan calificados excepto, Haiti,Tyt y Talvez nosotros.. so que es loq necesitamos para calificar??

13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    You know sopegno never deviates from the 3 at the back but it will look like 4 since dennis no sube y cuilapa ataca mas.......pappa is taking contreras spot so he'll play behind nacho n fish

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    You're missing panama. ......so if a team that's already qualified for copa america(if it's not canceled) wins it there will be two play off games between haiti panama T&T n guate if we beat cuba

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That's assuming all 3 of those guys lose. If 2 win and we lose they get the spots

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well from my understanding if mexico costa rica usa or jamaica win the cup....the best place team (who's not qualified yet) will play against the worst team in the 2nd round who is not qualified. ...if a different team wins it...the next two best teams who are not qualified will have a playoff for the last spot

aramada repped this.
  17. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    .so two of the four teams will actually qualify???

18. Albohexa

Albohexa New Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ojala me sigan haciendo sho estos pizaos

edcalvi repped this.
  19. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So with a win we go to the playoff game to make it.. wow we just got to win tomorrow!!!! if we win that point vs mexico looks gold!!!

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Bienvendido Albo.

21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yes.....provided that one of the teams already qualified wins the gold cup.....if not the winner takes one spot so we would have to be one of the two best place non qualified teams to get a playoff match.....that's if the copa centenario takes place

22. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yes.

If we win tomorrow

Guate
    Panama
    Haiti
    And Trinidad

Will go to a playoff assuming neither wins the cup.

If one does win the Gold Cup then the two teams that finish the best will go to a playoff to decided the last spot.

23. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    BTW I know some on here have said he is slow but I was very impressed with Brandon De Leon.

I was at the Phoenix game and he is the one that stood out the most to me. The guy ran for 94min without fail.
    He was going after everything and running from end to end.

Ben Fossen repped this.
  24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I like his work rate and how he provides cover for the defenders....I'm still not sure on his attacking capabilities and what he can offer in transition to attack......we'll see what he can do today against cuba but he definitely deserves to be in the squad ...the dude is fairly young too (23 (

OnTheeRize repped this.
  25. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Yes definitely didnt check out his offense or transition skills since we bunkered down in the mexico game but i just enjoyed his love for la camisola and heart. I did read that too, that he is only 23.