2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 20, 2015.

1. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    both teams played really well both teams had plenty of chances to win the game

2. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Results mean very little at this stage and we have so many talented players in the group. That's going to serve us better in the long run.

3. PoliteSquats

PoliteSquats Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's a shame quite a few of those aren't playing in the tournament though.

4. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Generally the very top talented players get results too, the experience gained from going deep in tournaments is hugely important too

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Not possible if your top talents are continuously isolated in the formation. I'm not sure what else an Edwards, Dasilva or Willock could do to achieve results considering the way we are set up and the other players playing in certain positions.

6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    We do look noticeably poorly coached. The players look like they're making it up as they go along with the way they build attacks.

7. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    I only watched a bit of the game on Saturday, some promising bits but I feel like at times we still play in a way that isn't very English.....the need to be good technically is key, and we look to have made huge strides on that, but too many players play with the handbrake on and not in a style with enough tempo.

8. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's still a culture thing, like the fear of failure holding them back. It's endemic. The way the Germans were playing first half against Argentina was ridiculous. Also I was watching Mali yesterday and they seem to play as a team whereas we seem like a collection of individuals. With the players and facilities we have I struggle to believe man for man we are worse than Mali, yet they were playing really cavalier and impressive football.

Willock one of our best players who usually dribbles past players for fun hasn't even turned up. I don't think he has suddenly lost form, I just think it's the pressure of expectation getting to them.

9. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One of the expert co-commentators the other night said "most of the players are 17 or 18" - and no one corrected him.

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we can give it a go tonight, play with some conviction and get the three points.

With the Liverpool manager's complaints about Rossiter playing three games I wonder if it will affect tonight's team selection with the likes of Edwards, Willock and Williams.

Hopefully not.

11. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Ridiculous if they did. Situation is nowhere near the same. Rossiter was a young player making his breakthrough in the first team in dodgy conditions.

Those 3 are nowhere near their first team and will surely want to win the tournament.

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    And the U19s didn't always have two days between the matches (which is pretty idiotic), but the U17s do.

13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes. Korea have made 5 changes and their 2 Barca players aren't starting.

14. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Goes without saying but if we can't win this match, we don't deserve to be there.

15. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    sorry but this is drab

IGSpur repped this.
  16. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    get Edwards and Sinclair on

17. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Very poor so far, England coaches never learn , nobody can keep the ball in midfield , big mistake to drop Edwards even if he didn't perform before and I would have played patching too. All we can hope is willock to take the ball past 4 and score by himself.

18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Based on the 1st halt this team doesn't deserve anything. Korea are a team though perhaps weaker players, England just 11 players and nothing more.

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need to sub Willock in for Ugbo.

Brazil winning 2-0, but one of their players got red-carded right before halftime.

20. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We just need a bit of quality/finesse. Or luck. And then don't ******** up.

21. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    We really can't afford to drop willock given the lack of quality in our team

22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sure a fresh Edwards will be on soon and hopefully he will do the trick and make a name for himself.

23. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    lol

While Edwards seemed poor against Brazil it was because he was being swarmed he was still the most likely to create anything and looked most threatening outside of Sterling.

Aren't they both on the pitch?

sendorange repped this.
  24. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    These guys are terrible

25. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    tbf 1 goal in 3 games is not good enough. if they go out they can have no complaints