2015 FCKC Season

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Apr 11, 2015.

1. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the positive side, what I thought would be a question mark for KC- the defense- has been on point ever since the loss to Washington.

On the negative side, the offense has been mostly MIA this season. 5 goals in 6 games isn't exactly something to get excited about.

Myrtle repped this.
  2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What's going on with Sarah Hagen? This is her time to shine with A-Rod gone. She should be loading opponents nets with goals. I'm a big fan and want to see her do well (except against Chicago, of course) and one day get more caps on the USWNT.

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a tossup between Hagen and Tymrak over who has been more of a disappointment for KC this season. Hagen was a superstar in the FBL, but for whatever reason, she just can't seem to find her groove in NWSL. And Tymrak is looking more and more like a one-hit wonder. Those two need to step up soon or KC will find itself in a big hole with little chance of digging themselves out of it.

4. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I too was expecting to see Hagen especially with so many NT players out, lighting up the back of the net. And many have called for Tymrak to be given more time with the NT. Neither seem to really be having standout seasons. And when the NT players come back, minutes will probably be harder for Hagen to get, but Tymrak may benefit from Holiday, and Rodriguez freeing things up a bit.

5. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013

6. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hey guys! I'm returning from maternity leave just in time for the final. I know there's a specific final thread but I just wanted to state how pleasantly surprised we made it to the final again. Both the Reign and KC have so much to play for, should be an exciting match...although I probably won't get to watch it as closely as I'd like with a 3 month old. But can't wait to see what Vlatko has up his sleeve, especially in the midfield...does Laddish or Averbuch start? Or do we throw Hagen out there. I hope we see Groom at some point too. Groom/Arod would be quite a feisty pair to stop at the end of a game. And I'm partial, but i'm hoping this is the game where we rid ourselves of that "KC can't come from behind and win games" curse.

lil_one, CoachJon, lunatica and 3 others repped this.
  7. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    @Myrtle Welcome back! And congrats! I had been wondering where you were, but that explains it.

Myrtle and Blaze20 repped this.
  8. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Congrats on the little one!!

Myrtle repped this.
  9. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Myrtle, congrats!

And congrats to FCKC on defending the championship!

I don't believe this was posted here (but perhaps elsewhere on BS?), but here's video of Rodriguez honoring Holiday at Holiday's last home game:

Myrtle repped this.